Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Dare Devil Cancelled.

Welp...for all you ppl that laughed at Luke Cage getting cancelled, they got ya boy too. Guess Netflix gotta make room for that new Cowboy Be bop live action...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ks-two-1165162

Not exactly shocking, but that is a bummer. DD was probably the best net flixs show at least as far as consistency, and that last season was great. At least they went out with a bing.

Hopefully DD finds a place for itself elsewhere in the MCU.

I think it should be obvious to everyone by now that the Netflix deal is over. I wouldn't expect to see any further shows that are not already in production from Netflix.

Sandy Hausler

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Unfortunate, but somewhat inevitable with Disney's new streaming service. I wouldn't mind some of the Netflix series living on with the new platform, but that's not always how it works.

To be honest I haven't finished a single season of one of the Netflix shows since Defenders.

I hope the series continues on the new Disney platform. I'd hate for this series to end.

So I'm guessing Jessica Jones is going to? Or is she already gone?

Extraordinary Member

I’m fine with it. Bullseye was the only true loose end and we did still pretty much get him. Fisk was sufficiently defeated. You really can’t do Born Again now that Fisk already knew who he was and they agreed on a deal. We got the Hand, Stick, Punisher, and Elektra. They all got their happy endings I’m fulfilled if this was the end.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ugh. I hope Disney's streaming service falls flat on its face.

And yes, I realize that will never, ever happen.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So I'm guessing Jessica Jones is going to? Or is she already gone?
    They are already paid for the next season so they will proceed as normal but they'll likely cancel it after that.

It's a real shame. Now that Disney is a competitor Netflix's not trying to give them a single dime.

Doesn't help that Marvel held up Netflix in the initial deal. None of those shows should have been over 8 episodes. But Netflix wanted to pad out their income.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's a real shame. Now that Disney is a competitor Netflix's not trying to give them a single dime.

Doesn't help that Marvel held up Netflix in the initial deal. None of those shows should have been over 8 episodes. But Netflix wanted to pad out their income.
    I'm not declaring Netflix an innocent victim here, but Disney has been gearing this one up for a quite a while. All of their moves over the last 10 years have been about collecting as much high-brand equity content and IP as they can lay their hands on. Word was the Mouse House executives were really annoyed when they realized how much Marvel was paying Fox over anything they earned on X-Men outside the films themselves, and made regaining their properties a mission.

If I had to bet, I'd wager that the intent in Mouse Land was always to see how to go about putting their properties out over a streaming service, and to do it with a batch of low-risk properties (remember, prior to Netflix, Daredevil was viewed as a failed franchise). Once The Mouse saw how it works, bring it all back home and chop the middleman.

Thing I hate the most was that we'll never get a Daughters of the Dragon series. Watching the Colleen and Misty in the bar fight in S2 of Luke Cage had me salivating over the hope someone would give us a Nightwing Restorations story.

Edit to ask: Anybody know if Netflix gets to keep those series available in their library, or do they lose rights to distribute?
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 11-30-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Answer my own question: Netflix keeps the three seasons.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Answer my own question: Netflix keeps the three seasons.
    I hope there is some way I can buy season 1 & 3 because I know when Disney + launches I'm cancelling my Netflix.

Is there any chance that Star Trek IPs will find their way in a Disney streaming service?

Disney already said they'll all come back on Hulu. Hulu will be the home of their "adult" shows. There's a Plus/Hulu combo subscription already being advertised.

There's still Punisher S2, Jones S3, and yes, a Defenders S2 to complete the initial deal.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Disney already said they'll all come back on Hulu. Hulu will be the home of their "adult" shows. There's a Plus/Hulu combo subscription already being advertised.

There's still Punisher S2, Jones S3, and yes, a Defenders S2 to complete the initial deal.
    The only person who didn't see this coming was Matt Murdock. I wonder how it will affect the viewership for Jessica Jones and Punisher now that everyone knows they'll probably be canceled anyway.

I thought that Netflix already said there wouldn't be a Defenders S2.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

AT&T is looking to sell their minor stake in Hulu
    https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...on-1203063592/

Disney can snatch up their stake and give them even more incentive to move over their mature content on the platform. It's the best bet for the netflix shows to get recused.