Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

There were some tweets which were really amusing, that Disney doesn't want anything to do with the Netflix shows because they're produced by Marvel TV and Netflix. Which couldn't be further from the truth, Netflix is a moot factor. The Netflix shows aren't any different than AOS on ABC or Runaways on Hulu. Feige doesn't produce them so he doesn't reference them but those shows are still going to end up on Hulu or Disney+.
    This was posted in another thread.
    by Eddie
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one. Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).

by belltown213-0-557076
    There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.
    Infinity War will probably feature a bunch of MCU TV character similar to how the X-Men series just spotlights the main mutants while the rest are there as wall paper to fill out a scene.

by Neoxon
    For the record, most of the issues concerning the TV side of the MCU is mainly with the characters (be it Quake, Coulson, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Punisher, & now Ghost Rider) crossing over into the movies (Ex: Infinity War), not if the TV/Netflix stuff is actually canon or not. Feige himself said that having the TV characters at some point is inevitable, & it's not like anything in the movies directly contradicts what's on the TV/Netflix shows (or vice versa). Both the TV/Netflix shows & the movies are still in Earth-19999, it's just that Perlmutter is supposedly holding back the characters from being able to cross over into the ensemble films.

by Josh Harper
    What does Ashley mean when she says "There's no connection between the movie and tv universes"? They are still in the same universe, and even if the references are small they would still make no sense at all if they weren't in the same universe, also Leob and Feige have both acknowledged the films, ABC shows and Netflix shows are all in the MCU (I'm certain of this because I was searching for quotes on the subject recently). Unless she means creatively they are seperate, then yeah, that's completely true.
    byJosh Harper
    "If you ignore Agents of SHIELD" that's like saying if I ignore the fact that I have a heart then I'm actually dead. Ignoring something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're right that Agents of SHIELD has much bigger references to the MCU and is very clearly linked with the multiple cameos and guest appearances from movie characters (Lady Sif, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, even Coulson himself), but the Netflix shows do clearly have links, albeit much smaller ones, but we do literally see Stark tower in a picture, The Hulk in a picture, a Levitation in a picture, Hammer Tech weapons, name drops of Stark and Captain America, etc. Whilst they are small, yes, they are still showing us quite clearly that it's the same universe. Leob has confirmed it many times and Feige has said "We want to incorporate the show characters into the movies" meaning even he deems them canon to the MCU.

Bajan Samurai
    Yeah, it is clearly all in the same universe, it is just people get forgetful of crossover instances (Fury or Lady Sif showing up before) or over assume when news of behind the scenes division of control (cinema properties - TV properties) comes up. The issue is that some people assumed that connected meant all showing up occasionally and all referencing each other, which was never their intent.
    It is not easy to get as many movie stars to make a TV appearance (scheduling, location) and it is not easy to synchronize an event from a TV show [that could have been filmed last month or last week and shown today] with an event(s) following it in a film that had wrapped photography a year prior and still comes out after the TV event. It is harder to plan for a movie to reference a TV show's events that it doesn't even know will be happening when they are already filming.
    The one they (sort of) pulled off was inferring that Coulson was responsible for Nick Fury acquiring the helicarrier they used in Avengers: AoU, but even that probably required a lot of pre-planning since the AoS probably had not even fully fleshed out how their season was going to go.

by Zaxlon16722
    Darragh Tate Thank you! I swear, people keep saying it's not connected, it's driving me crazy! Freaking Sam Jackson and Lady Sif have appeared in multiple episodes! That alone is all the proof they need!

Agents of Shield S4E6 'The Good Smaritan' REACTION
    Gaby Fraga10 hours ago
    when you watch doctor strange and they are talking about the book that kaecillius took there are actually two empty slots in the shelf. One is what kaecillius stole. The other we are naerly sure that it's were the darkhold was suposed to be

livingandthriving2 hours ago
    That would make sense.

Wade Wilson6 hours ago
    Somehow this crash looked better than the doctor strange one

MD Akhjar5 hours ago
    What?

Wade Wilson5 hours ago
    MD Akhjar the car crash in this episode looked better than the one that doctor strange got in in his movie
    Last edited by mace11; 12-03-2018 at 02:01 PM.