Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

There were some tweets which were really amusing, that Disney doesn't want anything to do with the Netflix shows because they're produced by Marvel TV and Netflix. Which couldn't be further from the truth, Netflix is a moot factor. The Netflix shows aren't any different than AOS on ABC or Runaways on Hulu. Feige doesn't produce them so he doesn't reference them but those shows are still going to end up on Hulu or Disney+.
    This was posted in another thread.
    by Eddie
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one. Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).

by belltown213-0-557076
    There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.
    Infinity War will probably feature a bunch of MCU TV character similar to how the X-Men series just spotlights the main mutants while the rest are there as wall paper to fill out a scene.

by Neoxon
    For the record, most of the issues concerning the TV side of the MCU is mainly with the characters (be it Quake, Coulson, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Punisher, & now Ghost Rider) crossing over into the movies (Ex: Infinity War), not if the TV/Netflix stuff is actually canon or not. Feige himself said that having the TV characters at some point is inevitable, & it's not like anything in the movies directly contradicts what's on the TV/Netflix shows (or vice versa). Both the TV/Netflix shows & the movies are still in Earth-19999, it's just that Perlmutter is supposedly holding back the characters from being able to cross over into the ensemble films.

by Josh Harper
    What does Ashley mean when she says "There's no connection between the movie and tv universes"? They are still in the same universe, and even if the references are small they would still make no sense at all if they weren't in the same universe, also Leob and Feige have both acknowledged the films, ABC shows and Netflix shows are all in the MCU (I'm certain of this because I was searching for quotes on the subject recently). Unless she means creatively they are seperate, then yeah, that's completely true.
    byJosh Harper
    "If you ignore Agents of SHIELD" that's like saying if I ignore the fact that I have a heart then I'm actually dead. Ignoring something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're right that Agents of SHIELD has much bigger references to the MCU and is very clearly linked with the multiple cameos and guest appearances from movie characters (Lady Sif, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, even Coulson himself), but the Netflix shows do clearly have links, albeit much smaller ones, but we do literally see Stark tower in a picture, The Hulk in a picture, a Levitation in a picture, Hammer Tech weapons, name drops of Stark and Captain America, etc. Whilst they are small, yes, they are still showing us quite clearly that it's the same universe. Leob has confirmed it many times and Feige has said "We want to incorporate the show characters into the movies" meaning even he deems them canon to the MCU.

Bajan Samurai
    Yeah, it is clearly all in the same universe, it is just people get forgetful of crossover instances (Fury or Lady Sif showing up before) or over assume when news of behind the scenes division of control (cinema properties - TV properties) comes up. The issue is that some people assumed that connected meant all showing up occasionally and all referencing each other, which was never their intent.
    It is not easy to get as many movie stars to make a TV appearance (scheduling, location) and it is not easy to synchronize an event from a TV show [that could have been filmed last month or last week and shown today] with an event(s) following it in a film that had wrapped photography a year prior and still comes out after the TV event. It is harder to plan for a movie to reference a TV show's events that it doesn't even know will be happening when they are already filming.
    The one they (sort of) pulled off was inferring that Coulson was responsible for Nick Fury acquiring the helicarrier they used in Avengers: AoU, but even that probably required a lot of pre-planning since the AoS probably had not even fully fleshed out how their season was going to go.

by Zaxlon16722
    Darragh Tate Thank you! I swear, people keep saying it's not connected, it's driving me crazy! Freaking Sam Jackson and Lady Sif have appeared in multiple episodes! That alone is all the proof they need!

Agents of Shield S4E6 'The Good Smaritan' REACTION
    Gaby Fraga10 hours ago
    when you watch doctor strange and they are talking about the book that kaecillius took there are actually two empty slots in the shelf. One is what kaecillius stole. The other we are naerly sure that it's were the darkhold was suposed to be

livingandthriving2 hours ago
    That would make sense.

Wade Wilson6 hours ago
    Somehow this crash looked better than the doctor strange one

MD Akhjar5 hours ago
    What?

Wade Wilson5 hours ago
    MD Akhjar the car crash in this episode looked better than the one that doctor strange got in in his movie
    Last edited by mace11; 12-03-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This is from the x-men forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Daredevil is not part of the MCU. if he was, why has he not guest starred in their movies? I liked daredevil season 1, this is the only part of marvel that holds up to other comic films not in a cinematic universe.. I said before X2, Spider-Man 2, TDK all taste like fine wines. MCU movies are like sodas.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk
    Karen Page's entire introduction in the Netflix Daredevil series was literally based on the first Avengers movie. She worked for a company that was reconstructing New York after the Chitauri "invasion". There were characters talking about it and there were newspaper articles about it. It might not have had the Avengers appearing but to say it wasn't connected to the MCU is ridiculous. Daredevil hasn't appeared in the Avengers for a simple reason. He hasn't been in the sphere to become involved. Avengers: Age of Ultron was primarily set in Sokovia, Captain America: Civil War was set in Europe, and Avengers: Infinity War was set globally but largely outside of America minus the Nick Fury and Maria Hill scene. The last major Avengers event in America was in the first movie and he became Daredevil after that. He hasn't become an Avenger or appeared because they haven't needed him to, and they've been operating globally whilst he's the "Hero of Hell's Kitchen".
    Connectivity doesn't have to be everyone appearing, everytime. Netflix franchises have their own place in the MCU, showing the stories that the movies can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict
    It's also disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk
    Exactly. The connections can't just be ignored because they don't support an argument you want to make. Daredevil is connected in no uncertain terms. That means that any character who has interacted with any character from Daredevil's series is also connected, whether the series has mentioned the movies specifically or not. They're connected because we know Daredevil is. This extends beyond Netflix. We know Cloak & Dagger is connected because Brigid Reilly worked with Misty Knight, Misty Knight has met Matt Murdock and Matt Murdock has clearly been shown to be in the MCU from it's opening storyline, Karen's role in the embezzling whistleblowing.
    That's connectivity. Not random shout outs about what the movies have done.
    However, this conversation has derailed the topic of the thread: The X-Men's future on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79
    Daredevil has no super strength, no healing powers, no invulnerability he just has heightened senses why would the Avengers call him?
    Both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have made it clear they have no interest in being Avengers type heroes.
    Iron Fist is the only maybe.
    Punisher human with guns and kills not Avengers material.
    Ghost Rider on AoS isn't the type of guy the Avengers would recruit with the whole vengeance thing.
    Quake is underground like the rest of her team who are human so yeah they probably wouldn't call her or them.
    Deathlok again a character not really interested in the hero business.
    Patriot is now dead.
    Runaways are minors on the run.
    Cloak and Dagger again minors and not really on anyone's radar yet.
    So yeah why would the film heroes be contacting the TV characters.
    This is like when the X-Men are saving the world and asking where's X-Factor or the Morlocks they're not always needed or even wanted. How many mutants have been referenced in the XCU and never seen in the films?
    Disney says the shows are part of the MCU and the shows say they are so they are period.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict
    Connection =/= crossover. Ya know, kinda like in the comics.

Quote-
    Marvelgirl your comments are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

The second part is more important than the first part it means unlike the Marvel Netflix and ABC shows,They can get movie characters to show up.
    Well some movie characters did show up in some mcu shows,agent carter,lady sif,nick fury,gideon malick,howling commandos,howard stark,maria hill and phil coulson himself.
    Agent carter had her own show as well and kevin feige is one of the executive producers.
    So far none of the characters originally for tv or streaming as shown up in mcu movies however.The only one that is going back to the upcoming movie/s so far is phil and he was original a movie character.

Note-Captain america had a flashback scene as well in the agent carter show and there are quick flash backs scenes for hulk,ironman and thor's hammer in aos.
    There was tony stark's voice in a later season of aos.

It's mostly a one way street but some things from the shows have made to the movies.Folks forget that agent peggy carter had her own mcu show on abc and she was shown in agents of shield on abc and she came back to movies.
    A FLASHBACK scene of captain america was show too in THE show.Anyway the shows and movies are in the same universe,so they are connected.

Loeb Reveals Why Marvel's TV Superheroes Haven't Appeared in the Movies
    The Marvel Television chief explains how the films and TV shows fit together, and why the Netflix characters haven't popped up more in the movies.
    http://www.cbr.com/loeb-reveals-why-...in-the-movies/

Jeph Loeb Explains Why We Don’t See Avengers Tower In The Marvel/Netflix Series
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...l-tv-universe/

Category:Earth-199999 Characters | Marvel Database
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...999_Characters
    Last edited by mace11; 12-03-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Daredevil was gonna get hit too. It's a good show but general audiences still didn't like it. They thought it was boring too.
    Most people who watch Daredevil liked it if look you at the RT audiences scores and did not think it was boring.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Most people who watch Daredevil liked it if look you at the RT audiences scores and did not think it was boring.
    The people that dropped off from it clearly didn't like it though. I like the show myself, but a lot of complaints was that it was boring. And they say that with a straight face.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    The people that dropped off from it clearly didn't like it though. I like the show myself, but a lot of complaints was that it was boring. And they say that with a straight face.
    I watched the first season of Daredevil after hearing all the accolades. I wanted to like it but, frankly, it bored me to tears. Full disclosure: I'm not a big Marvel comic book fan nowadays. I do remember the Daredevil comics of my youth so it was a thrill to see Matt, Karen, Foggy and Kingpin in the flesh. Alas, that initial thrill soon gave way to ennui as each episode's themes and plot are dragged on interminably. The whole series felt like a 3 hour movie that's been stretched to 13 episodes.

I've since read that the other Marvel Netflix shows suffer from the same plodding pace. Even people who liked the shows acknowledge this flaw. Unfortunately, there are just way too many good shows out there for me to stick to this series. I guess I'm not the only one who felt that way.
    Last edited by jertz666; 12-04-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Tbh I hear people complaining about pacing all the time regarding tv shows in general. I suspect it has to be a side effect of tv shows being more serialized now.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jertz666 View Post
    I watched the first season of Daredevil after hearing all the accolades. I wanted to like it but, frankly, it bored me to tears. Full disclosure: I'm not a big Marvel comic book fan nowadays. I do remember the Daredevil comics of my youth so it was a thrill to see Matt, Karen, Foggy and Kingpin in the flesh. Alas, that initial thrill soon gave way to ennui as each episode's themes and plot are dragged on interminably. The whole series felt like a 3 hour movie that's been stretched to 13 episodes.

I've since read that the other Marvel Netflix shows suffer from the same plodding pace. Even people who liked the shows acknowledge this flaw. Unfortunately, there are just way too many good shows out there for me to stick to this series. I guess I'm not the only one who felt that way.
    I said this elsewhere, I think people wanted a more popcorn show.

Ultimate Member

While we dont have exact figures (Netflix doesnt release their figures) it does seem there was some strong demand for the series.

https://heroichollywood.com/marvel-d...d-high-demand/

I honestly can't pretend to understand what's happening between Marvel and Netflix but i somehow doubt it boils down to ratings.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    While we dont have exact figures (Netflix doesnt release their figures) it does seem there was some strong demand for the series.

https://heroichollywood.com/marvel-d...d-high-demand/

I honestly can't pretend to understand what's happening between Marvel and Netflix but i somehow doubt it boils down to ratings.
    Absolutely zero to do with ratings, it's all about company politics.

Disney made some aggressive moves into streaming, they've got controlling interest in Hulu pending, they announced they're going to be sinking a lot of money into original content on Hulu and Disney+, as well as making, bother of them internationally avaliable. They're also pulling all of their content from Netflix, which is light of the Fox merger means a ll of the Fox content too and Fox has a HUGE tv catalogue, it's why Disney wanted that company so much (X-Men were a bonus, but Disney is all about stocking it's streaming service. MCU is making plenty of cash without the Marvel Fox rights)

So in a few moves Disney has removed tons of content from Netflix and essentially made two big contenders (one huge contender if they go through with the rumoured plan of bundling Disney+ and Hulu into one subscription) so Netflix are essentially throwing a tantrum. They sabotaged Daredevil season 3 by announcing Luke Cage was cancelled on the same day the show came out, and then they cancelled Daredevil. Expect to see Jessica Jones and Punisher cancelled right after their respective seasons come out as well. It's pretty much the only act of defiance Netflix has, and fingers crossed Disney revives the Netflix shows on Hulu.

This comes as a surprise to me that the show was cancelled after a quite Steller season 3 does this mean he is getting moved to the big screen?

From reports, it wasn't ratings at all. The damning factor being that Daredevil was Netflix's fourth-highest show, behind Narcos, Sabrina, and Stranger Things. And frankly, with that kind of a lineup of those four shows, that is some mighty fine television.

Other shows like Black Mirror (which also ain't cheap), Ozark, the Crown, and Orange is the New Black rate lower than Daredevil, but were all renewed (OITNB for its last season).

So yes, this is most definitely politics, and not about ratings.
    Last edited by Cyke; 12-06-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    From reports, it wasn't ratings at all. The damning factor being that Daredevil was Netflix's fourth-highest show, behind Narcos, Sabrina, and Stranger Things. And frankly, with that kind of a lineup of those four shows, that is some mighty fine television.

Other shows like Black Mirror (which also ain't cheap), Ozark, the Crown, and Orange is the New Black rate lower than Daredevil, but were all renewed (OITNB for its last season).

So yes, this is most definitely politics, and not about ratings.
    Deadline, Hollywood Reporter, and a few other trades said the same thing. In fact, Deadline and HR said ratings were up 50% since S2 for DD.

This is 100% on Netflix, not the mouse for once.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I said this elsewhere, I think people wanted a more popcorn show.
    What does even mean? People wanted a show that was dumbed down for them?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    What does even mean? People wanted a show that was dumbed down for them?
    If S3 ratings are an improvement over S2 by 50% (!), then that can't really be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jertz666 View Post

I tried to get into Jessica Jones because I like female heroes, but yeah, it just seemed too boring. Especially when there were action packed shows out there like Agent Carter. (Still miss the later)