Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I called it. This was pretty obvious
    The J-man

Honestly, I'm not surprised, nor am I bummed. There aren't many loose ends, it's a satisfying ending for me. Not just for DD, but for Netflix Marvel as a whole. I don't give two craps about JJ s3, Punisher s2 and Defenders s2. I highly doubt any of them are going to turn out good. Mediocre at best is my prediction.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 12-01-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Is there any chance that Star Trek IPs will find their way in a Disney streaming service?
    I've learned to be sparing with words like "impossible," but I don't like the odds. CBS has made Discovery an anchor of their new streaming service, and I doubt they're giving that up to a major competitor, if only on the chance somebody will figure out how to push the ST franchise to the top of scifi again. The only way I could see it is if National Amusements were to go Sears-Caliber bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Honestly, I'm not surprised, nor am I bummed. There aren't many loose ends, it's a satisfying ending for me. Not just for DD, but for Netflix Marvel as a whole. I don't give two craps about JJ s2, Punisher s2 and Defenders s2. I highly doubt any of them are going to turn out good. Mediocre at best is my prediction.
    Jessica Jones already had a season 2. Her season 3 is already confirmed than she will be cancelled
    The J-man

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I called it! Daredevil was gonna get hit too. It's a good show but general audiences still didn't like it. They thought it was boring too.

Well, there's already an article saying that the Netflix shows will NOT continue with new episodes on Disney+.

If the shows do end up on Hulu, Disney will have to keep the shows in production and move fast. Otherwise, the actors will no longer be on contract hold. Who knows? The casts of Luke Cage and Iron Fist might have ALREADY been released.

Also, would Disney WANT to have their shows on two different streaming services? Variety speculates that Hulu will be used for more adult fare, but who knows if Disney envisions Marvel shows being so "adult" in the future. They might just decide to reboot Daredevil and the rest in a tone that fits with the Marvel Studios-produced shows they are planning for Disney+ and not continue with the Netflix versions.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    They might just decide to reboot Daredevil and the rest in a tone that fits with the Marvel Studios-produced shows they are planning for Disney+ and not continue with the Netflix versions.
    Yeah, nobody really wants that though.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Well, there's already an article saying that the Netflix shows will NOT continue with new episodes on Disney+.

If the shows do end up on Hulu, Disney will have to keep the shows in production and move fast. Otherwise, the actors will no longer be on contract hold. Who knows? The casts of Luke Cage and Iron Fist might have ALREADY been released.

Also, would Disney WANT to have their shows on two different streaming services? Variety speculates that Hulu will be used for more adult fare, but who knows if Disney envisions Marvel shows being so "adult" in the future. They might just decide to reboot Daredevil and the rest in a tone that fits with the Marvel Studios-produced shows they are planning for Disney+ and not continue with the Netflix versions.
    Um, they ALREADY have shows outside of theirs upcoming streaming service. Cloak & Dagger, and The Runaways.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I called it! Daredevil was gonna get hit too. It's a good show but general audiences still didn't like it. They thought it was boring too.
    I thought it very cliche' to be honest. Right up to the scene where suprise,surprise somebody gets their wig split for disagreeing with the big Boss at a syndicate meeting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Jessica Jones already had a season 2. Her season 3 is already confirmed than she will be cancelled
    My mistake. I meant season 3.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Disney wants an age gate and they'll achieve that by putting any mature content on Hulu and then making Hulu part of a subscription bundle with Disney+.

There were some tweets which were really amusing, that Disney doesn't want anything to do with the Netflix shows because they're produced by Marvel TV and Netflix. Which couldn't be further from the truth, Netflix is a moot factor. The Netflix shows aren't any different than AOS on ABC or Runaways on Hulu. Feige doesn't produce them so he doesn't reference them but those shows are still going to end up on Hulu or Disney+.

The Netflix shows will likely be absorbed into Hulu, because they'd fit in perfectly on there (with shows like Handmaid's Tale) and then they'll come to some agreement where they will start producing the shows again and lease the first few seasons from Netflix so they're on both platforms but the new seasons will be on Hulu only. As for waiting a long time between seasons, the actors are kinda used to that and just because a show is cancelled doesn't mean an actor is released from contract. We saw a lot of detail about this when Hannibal was cancelled and Bryan Fuller was tweeting how the actors contracts didn't run out for like 6 months after the show was cancelled. But legally nothing will be announce until Disney gets its Fox shares of Hulu.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Disney wants an age gate and they'll achieve that by putting any mature content on Hulu and then making Hulu part of a subscription bundle with Disney+.

There were some tweets which were really amusing, that Disney doesn't want anything to do with the Netflix shows because they're produced by Marvel TV and Netflix. Which couldn't be further from the truth, Netflix is a moot factor. The Netflix shows aren't any different than AOS on ABC or Runaways on Hulu. Feige doesn't produce them so he doesn't reference them but those shows are still going to end up on Hulu or Disney+.

The Netflix shows will likely be absorbed into Hulu, because they'd fit in perfectly on there (with shows like Handmaid's Tale) and then they'll come to some agreement where they will start producing the shows again and lease the first few seasons from Netflix so they're on both platforms but the new seasons will be on Hulu only. As for waiting a long time between seasons, the actors are kinda used to that and just because a show is cancelled doesn't mean an actor is released from contract. We saw a lot of detail about this when Hannibal was cancelled and Bryan Fuller was tweeting how the actors contracts didn't run out for like 6 months after the show was cancelled. But legally nothing will be announce until Disney gets its Fox shares of Hulu.
    I know that an actor isn't INSTANTLY released from contract if a show is canceled, but it's not always 6 months either as in the Dallas reboot. When they couldn't find a new network to pick up the show after 6 weeks, they had to announce it was never coming back.

Has there been any word on how much longer the actors will be on hold before they are released? Because that will be a major determining factor as to whether these shows are really coming back in their present forms.

The underlying marketing that ‘it is all connected’ has basically been shown to be a lie with the demise of the Netflix TV deal. The problem is, why should we trust them again?

Many Marvel fans are instinctively attracted to the idea that the live action content all exists in a single universe to reflect the way the comics operate, but as soon as the illusion starts to fade everything feels disconnected. The reported tensions between the Feige fiefdom and the rest of Marvel suggest that Marvel TV has been increasingly marginalised. Now with Feige and the MCU grasping the Disney+ shows the feeling that one driven man holds all of the cards fills me with dread. The entire edifice could potentially collapse under its own weight as it links its destiny with the success or failure of an increasingly fractured streaming landscape.

Disney are moving into streaming way too late and run the risk of looking like a mean spirited and profiteering upstart. Netflix will naturally see Disney as a competitor and Netflix are the dominant player in the market. It is no longer in Netflix’s interest to play ball with Marvel TV and the declining influence of Loeb and Marvel TV, will not encourage Netflix to release their streaming rights. The Marvel Netflix properties will slowly drift away into algorithmic obscurity. Hidden in the depths of the search function that nobody likes using because it’s so poorly implemented.

So much of a brand’s value rests upon trust. If we can’t trust Marvel when they tell us everything is connected, if we notice how Agents of Shield was relegated to a mere satellite, if we never quite feel that Runaways or Cloak and Dagger are part of the same world, then why would we delude ourselves that Daredevil exists in the same universe as the new Loki series? What would induce us to trust Feige is telling the truth this time?

As TV moves into the streaming age and broadcast TV slowly dwindles, there will soon be blood in the water. Some of that blood will taste of the heroes we enjoyed watching but were sacrificed in favour of a Disney cash grab.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 12-03-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I know that an actor isn't INSTANTLY released from contract if a show is canceled, but it's not always 6 months either as in the Dallas reboot. When they couldn't find a new network to pick up the show after 6 weeks, they had to announce it was never coming back.

Has there been any word on how much longer the actors will be on hold before they are released? Because that will be a major determining factor as to whether these shows are really coming back in their present forms.
    I don't think it's a huge factor, I mean the actors do get a long period of downtime between seasons and haven't really booked many other gigs. I think Cox did a movie or two in like 2 years between seasons, which is like 6 months work in 2 years. So the actors might be fine waiting for a time even if their contracts lapse, also we don't know the duration of their contracts. Given the fact they all came back with literal years between production starting on consecutive seasons they could have a really long contract period.

It's a shame, I really liked this tv show.