Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    What's going on with Nightwing? Last I heard, the whole book was derailed when the new writer turned out to be a creep.
    He was shot in the head in the Batman title and lost his memory. This messed up whatever plans Percy had for a long run and he left the book. Right now, I think Lobdell is writing it, and I guess Dick homeless and refuses to have anything to do with the family (Im not reading it so this is just what I hear). Oh, and he's going by "Ric" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Awwww, we've synced up our limbo cycles
    You can *do* that??

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If Bendis has that power, PLEASE let him use it to ensure that Mr. Didio doesn't do something silly with Wally West.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Can we add Nightwing to that list too?

Actually, if anyone talks to Bendis on twitter, ask him if he's a fan of Nightwing. I'd happily see the character in Bendis' hands right now, unless Morrison, Snyder, or Johns (or someone else who gets free rein at DC) is interested.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think Nightwing is just one good creator away from greatness again. He's in a similar boat as Superman in that he's so well-adjusted and optimistic that it's difficult for a lot of writers and editors to figure out what to do with him because they can't rely on the same easy tropes and shtick that prop up more neurotic and broken characters like Batman and Spider-Man.

Writing a good Nightwing or Superman story is hard.

As for Wally West, I absolutely adored what King has done with him in Heroes in Crisis so far. It was utterly heart-breaking, yes, but that is the first time a comic with Wally has managed to illicit any real emotion from me since his return in DC Universe: Rebirth back in June of 2016. I love Wally West, but nobody has figured out what to do with him in a very, very long time now, even prior to Barry coming back. I don't want Wally to be a tragic figure, but I can't deny that what King is doing with him is extremely compelling to me.