• F---HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

0 0%
  • DID NOT READ

2 3.45%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The above is why I grade 0-10. Lol.

I'm giving it a B so far.

I'm liking the characters and their interactions, the issues with Peter and Boomerang in the bar were incredibly fun, Pete and MJ are back together again, the partners' support group. All good.

However, his arcs feel a bit rushed. Spidey and Peter are split into two separate entities, there is a lot to explore her... No, wait, they're back together again through the magic of dropping a machine on them. There is a secret organisation of thieves dating back centuries, what mysteries can we slowly learn... Nevermind, Spidey's outed them with a phone.

I like that he's using different lengths for his stories and it feels a little less predicable than getting to part 5 and knowing it'll all wrap next issue, but the endings do feel rushed to me.

However, I can live with this when this is weighed against the good. The redemption of Felicia, tying losing her way into her memories being altered was a great idea to solidify her turning 'good' again, and then having Peter trust her enough to unmask was perfect. And MJ is okay with it was the icing on the cake!

And we have a mystery villain lurking about and, in one way or another, that's a staple of many decent Spider-man runs.

Also, like Slott before him, Spencer is showing a love for the absurd parts of the Spidey mythos. Who ever thought we'd see the Tri-Sentinal again? Heck, who even knew they wanted that until it happened?!? I know I didn't, but I loved every second of it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I've always seen it as A = great, B = good, C = average, D = poor, F = bad
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I don't really follow you on this; "C" by it's definition "average"-----not outstanding, not very good but not poor either. I suppose we could break it down further and say a C+ is good, a C is average/pedestrian and a C- would be subpar but I'm just trying to keep it easy to participate in here and not get overly bogged down.
    Same way I do.

I haven't read it yet so i'm not going to grade it but I wonder how many A's Spencer would have gotten if he didn't touch the Peter/MJ relationship.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I haven't read it yet so i'm not going to grade it but I wonder how many A's Spencer would have gotten if he didn't touch the Peter/MJ relationship.
    I still would've been preaching the word of Spencer if Pete was spending his nights humping pillows while Boomerang watched movies on the adult channel with surround sound. That's the only ship we stan in my house. I still believe that the malicious Jezebel, the "MJ", will be exorcised from Petey's loins by our local Satanic ragamuffin and his pet bugs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I still believe that the malicious Jezebel, the "MJ", will be exorcised from Petey's loins by our local Satanic ragamuffin and his pet bugs.
    MJ's spent ten years as a malicious Jezebel, hopefully she's long past that and can keep to her word from OMD their love can overcome anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I still would've been preaching the word of Spencer if Pete was spending his nights humping pillows while Boomerang watched movies on the adult channel with surround sound. That's the only ship we stan in my house. I still believe that the malicious Jezebel, the "MJ", will be exorcised from Petey's loins by our local Satanic ragamuffin and his pet bugs.
    Thanks Snoop, that made me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MJ's spent ten years as a malicious Jezebel, hopefully she's long past that and can keep to her word from OMD their love can overcome anything.
    I’m sorry she has done what, you know what nope not getting dragged into another disagreement with you.
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd say it's been near perfect in terms of enjoyment so I went with A.

From what I've read it's been okay. Not reinventing the wheel in any aspect but gotta give props for the effort made realigning some characters.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

I voted B but I really feel it's a B+. So far I'm very happy with it which is great as I was one of those who were worried about Spencer when he was named writer. Hats off to him so far.

I may be among the few who liked/enjoyed Spencer's Cap(s) runs, and Secret Empire, so maybe this wont be a big surprise, but I believe he is killing it with his spidey run
    The story is entertaining, the mystery is geninualy intriguing, and it is also doing a great character work (See Peter/MJ relationship, Black Cat redemption, Jonah's support to spidey, among others)
    I give it an A, and will keep waiting for new issues with the same entusiasm I had since issue 1
    As someone above said: Spencer was born to write spidey
    (Superior Foes anyone?)