The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Default Adventures of supersons#5 preview discussion

https://www.newsarama.com/42899-old-...review.html#s5
    This is hilarious. Getting old really does suck

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/42899-old-...review.html#s5
    This is hilarious. Getting old really does suck
    That looks fantastic. Again, DC having younger characters like this is fertile ground that it'll be sad to lose.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

Adventures of the Supersons#5

spoilers:
    Damien and Jon are subjected to a "wonder machine" that creates their ideal futures...Jon sees his overweight future living in Hamilton with a wife and son, and apparently his first kiss is with someone with an "L" in their name. The wife's face is never seen but she has black hair. Damien's future sees Bruce dissapear with Selina and leaves everything to his son. Everyone else abandoned Bruce's mission, and Damien is now training a Robin army . Eventually, both the "future" Jon and Damien admit the truth that they are merely projections , but rebel against their creators and help the supersons escape their imprisonment, seemingly sacrificing themselves in the process
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This was a fun Issue. Jon and Damian had cool arc regarding with the them confronting aging issues. Jon and I have similar tastes when it comes to western movies. Damian slapping Jon to senses was funny like the meme it is based on. Especially, with old damian agreeing with young one. I wonder who Jon's first kiss with L (like father like son) is and wife is.Name dropping Hamilton County was cool. I wish they would use it more.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-05-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Always Rakzo

THIS is the Jon Kent I know and love. Innocent, curious and fun, he reacts exactly how a child would when dealing with grown-up issues like kissing girls and even having their own sons (and the idea of the Super Sons having sons is pretty fun by itself). The dynamic between both duos is really entertaining and presents many charming scenes.

Barberi's art continues to be perfect as well. Considering how Bendis is forcing Jon to become a teenager (and considering how he has been writing him, he most likely will be an angsty teenager), is great that we still have a few issues left of the good old Jon.

Once again, a fun issue of the Super Sons getting into wacky shenanigans.

Kon93

Man I'm gonna miss this kid.

But hey the older Jon will be so cool and badass im sure it will make us all forget about the lil guy ......(not).

I wonder who Jon's first kiss with L (like father like son) is and wife is.
    Well what they saw was their own imagination so L probably doesn't matter much, it just something that came to Jon's mind.

BANNED

I did like that Tomasi seems to 'ship Bruce and Selina too. I don't know if I should read into that more, but it gives me hope he'll do something with them once Selina returns to Gotham and potentially pops up in 'Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I did like that Tomasi seems to 'ship Bruce and Selina too. I don't know if I should read into that more, but it gives me hope he'll do something with them once Selina returns to Gotham and potentially pops up in 'Tec.
    And apparently Damian does as well, lol.

I wonder who Jon's first kiss with L (like father like son) is ?
    I think he meant his own mother like when he was a baby or Lois is the kind of mother who kisses her child on the mouth so naively he didint think of girlfriend or something like that!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

What their idealized selves say about them as people at that moment in their lives--when viewed in context of their greater history--is pretty fascinating. Damian for instance, early on used to be shown to greatly anticipate his ascension to Batman status, but even when his dad is out of the picture here, he doesn't take the "crown." Even though being Batman is very likely his future, right now at 13 he can't see past Robin.

Jon on the other hand, maybe from being a bit younger or just a different outlook on his legacy, slips in pretty comfortably as Superman. But he still has a healthy bit of hero worship for his dad and some doubts about himself because he's half Kryptonian, he doesn't think of himself as growing into the perfect specimen his dad was (to him). He imagines his first kiss will be with someone who's name starts will an L seems to be another nod to his dad (hoping to meet someone as awesome as his mom). He even hopes to have a son who's basically yet another small Superman. As a primer for what the future has in store for Jon, this works quite well due to the contrasting nature of what's to come.

This was a nice and admittedly subtle look inside where the boys were at mental wise, and it's pretty darn good, honestly.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

This is such a fun book - it really needs to be an ongoing.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    This is such a fun book - it really needs to be an ongoing.
    There technically will be one, but its basically Elseworlds. Has no connection, plotwise anyway, to this series. It will have Jon Kent. And Damian "Ian" Wayne. And some random girl that's an OC to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well this probably happens at around same time as their road to wedding. So I think it is natural that Damian might think that they'll get married and leave him.