Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Although it's not exactly the same thing that nearly killed the industry with infinite variants, etc..., it feels like artificial scarcity and is discouraging as a collector. I've tried digital consumption and it's just not the same. I'm not a big fan of the current computer produced artwork either so buying the older hand penciled/inked material is all I'm interested in. Take my money!

Do DC/Marvel solicit reprint editions months ahead like their new titles or do they just "reappear" once available for retailers to reorder?

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Do DC/Marvel solicit reprint editions months ahead like their new titles or do they just "reappear" once available for retailers to reorder?
    It seems to be a mixture of both approaches. There are plenty of examples of DC and Marvel books going to multiple printings without being resolicited. For example, the Planet Hulk is on its 9th or 10th printing, but has never been re solicited. But new editions will be solicited, even when there's little or no content changes. EG, the 2018 Avengers Forever trade seems to be the same as the 2011 edition, aside from a different logo on the front cover and a different image on the back.

Thanks, Brian. I've plateaued my Omnibus collecting with only a handful of titles from both publisher's on my to-buy list as they are released this year. I have a longer list of OOP titles that are from popular lines that I'd think would see reprints. Patience, I guess, and keep reading the massive amount of material I've already accumulated!