Default Doctor Doom vs Baron Mordo

Doctor Doom vs Baron Mordo

I haven't seen Baron Mordo in a comic for a long time, but I assume that he is still a better mage than Doctor Doom. But in this match, I would put my money on Doom, because he also has all that technology in his armor. Doom is also smarter, tougher, and considerably more stubborn than Mordo.

You do not screw with Dr Doom. He wins. Baron is a magic user true, but Doom has magic, tech, combat skill, will Power, and could just body jack Mando and mando in Dooms Armor gets taken out by suit auto defense.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Doom should take this. Mordo's magical defenses aren't up at the point where he can laugh off whatever Doom has in his armor, he is NOT a brilliant tactician, and Doom can at least try to counter spells with his own magic.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Huh, kinda one-sided with Doom getting his armor and all.

What if it was just wizard vs wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Huh, kinda one-sided with Doom getting his armor and all.

What if it was just wizard vs wizard?
    Doom is no slouch these days, but I can't imagine he walks out the winner against Mordo in pure magic fisticuffs.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Doom is no slouch these days, but I can't imagine he walks out the winner against Mordo in pure magic fisticuffs.
    I think he can get a win or two. Not majority but some wins. Against Strange he did manipulate him to his own ends ( tricking him and SatN/Mepshito) for some sort of shengians.

And he got into that romance with Le Faye for more magic knowledge/ potency with it.

While Mando knows a great deal and stuff, he himself never really evolved other the years and usually I think? ( Key Word think, as ironically this is the Strange villain I know least despite him being magic using human.)

Any way, The Baron to be a threat regularly jacks into other source mojo.

Strange has before too. But Doom? Except for skin suit phase, he regularly depends only on his will Power and knowledge while doing best to learn new stuff. And that gives him a edge. Especially as I cannot think of a real time Doom has to use a pact, deal, or jacking for magic ( he does with cosmics, just not magic.)

So yeah considering Doom and what he does on his own reserves, makes him that much more impressive considering he is not all magic.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Straight-up magic to magic, my expectation would be that Doom makes Mordo work, but that's all. Mordo takes the win.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate