Extraordinary Member

Default Building a Moveset for Superman

So, I'm working on a project where I create a hypothetical crossover fighting game, and I want to include Superman in it.

To make things Special, I want to pull his various attacks from actual panels/media that Superman has been in.

So for this thread, I'd like some help in finding moments that could be made into moves

(If it helps anyone, I'm imagining this would be a Smash style game)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Super shoryuken
    I would give some boxing stance and punches combined with some wrestling grappling techniques and slams. Similar to All might

He had training in kryptonIan martial arts but it does not fight the strong man character superman is meant to be.
    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1280-151hw.jpg
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-01-2018 at 12:47 PM.

If you want something on the sillier side, use the "S" cellophane throw from the Superman II movie. It'd be a great way to incapacitate a enemy for a few seconds.

Clark's used his heat vision in a wide-area cone for some AoE effects at different points in time. Check out the Loeb/Turner issues of Superman-Batman in the early 00's for the best art.....think the story was called the Super Girl From Krypton or something.

But really, you should be looking at some rumbles threads. Those guys will back up their claims with images or issue references a lot of the time, and Superman's a popular choice for rumbles. You could find everything you need in one of those without having to wait for this thread to fill up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If you want something on the sillier side, use the "S" cellophane throw from the Superman II movie. It'd be a great way to incapacitate a enemy for a few seconds.

Clark's used his heat vision in a wide-area cone for some AoE effects at different points in time. Check out the Loeb/Turner issues of Superman-Batman in the early 00's for the best art.....think the story was called the Super Girl From Krypton or something.

But really, you should be looking at some rumbles threads. Those guys will back up their claims with images or issue references a lot of the time, and Superman's a popular choice for rumbles. You could find everything you need in one of those without having to wait for this thread to fill up.
    I think I will try that

Master Hero Vladimir

Maybe you could use Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and the Injustice games as frames of reference.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Maybe you could use Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and the Injustice games as frames of reference.
    Superman's moveset in Injustice is little boring. Clark moveset can be more dynamic

Extraordinary Member

Made the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    That would be a good idea. Do you know any specific moves that would be good to use

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Made the other thread.

That would be a good idea. Do you know any specific moves that would be good to use
    Well, I'm not a dedicated Injustice player, but you could check some videos on YouTube to learn the basics.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I like the Injustice gameplay from the first. Yeah it's evry typical, but for the few oppotunities to play Superman, you want to make sure they get the greatest hits right. Aerial attacks, breath, vision, tossing, punching, etc. I found it very fun.

If you want some ideas, well, Superman can do a whole lot. Whatever you'd fit into a game really. I have personally thought of what kind of play mechanics I'd like for a Superman game, but for something like your project I'd bring up all of the cool stuff you'd like both out of the character and in an impressive action game. An MvC back when they were good, even.

- Superman has a history with surprise attacks. Besides the cellophane trap and the mini Superman, he's used friction and electric impulse manipulation of sorts to disrupt with his hands.

- Among his surprises are attacks from out of the ground. Strangely, in the bronze age people would spike him a lot.

- And it's also ironic, because he's really good at punting. High kicks are there too and with his flight, he almost gets a scissor kick going.

- He's a great counter attacker, with his speed and way of thinking. In that one bit, Grundy tugs his ever expanding cape, so he drills into the ground to pull him in for a big punch. He can break all sorts of energy and psychic bonds by force of will.

- Also in the way of disruption, he's done some really ridiculous things with his voice. Like Super ventriloquism basically at psychic levels and a scream that can target and destroy, if not just buckle at mildest.

- not holding back is its own power because it's rare. You can have it in a game so that his specials are just Superman being Superman as we know him to truly be.

- beyond his own power there is sun dipping. Which is the most videogame powerbar thing ever. He can even absorb the energy from his enemies, though that's typically not as beneficial.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hope this all helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images