Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://comicbook.com/comics/2019/10...ayer-revealed/

New Slayer Alert!!!!

Did anyone read Hellmouth issue#1?
    Yes. It was alright. Without getting too negative, I don't think this book was ready to crossover yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yes. It was alright. Without getting too negative, I don't think this book was ready to crossover yet.
    me neither.

Ironically I felt Angel and Buffy should have switched plots. The vanity demon weaponizing social media feels like a better fit here.

New Slayer Alert!!!!

KENDRA!!, I gotta catch up now
    Reading list: Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Ironheart (Marvel), Champions (Marvel), Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter (Marvel), Runaways (Marvel), Young Justice (DC), Naomi (DC), Justice League Odyssey (DC), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Bitter Root (Image), Quincredible (Lionforge), Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot (BOOM!)

It just won't be the same without being able to hear that terrible, terrible accent.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file

New Slayer Alert!!!!

Was really hoping they'd hold off a long while on this. I'm all for bringing back Kendra, just as I eventually hope to see Faith, just wish it would have been in a new role. I just think the lore could have used really hammering home the special nature of the singular Slayer, as multiple Slayers became a pretty over-saturated concept.

But that quibble aside I'm enjoying this reboot very much.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-29-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

Kendra could always be a Watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Was really hoping they'd hold off a long while on this. I'm all for bringing back Kendra, just as I eventually hope to see Faith, just wish it would have been in a new role. I just think the lore could have used really hammering home the special nature of the singular Slayer, as multiple Slayers became a pretty over-saturated concept.

But that quibble aside I'm enjoying this reboot very much.
    Yes, I hardly feel Buffy has been made enough of the focus of her own book to have her suddenly missing and replaced feel all that special. Wild speculation but Kendra is getting a new stealth launch book in January or February.

Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I am a huge Faith fanboy, but Kendra got done dirty by the original show. Only three episodes and then she got killed off, and I don't think anybody cared past Becoming Part 2. I hope they get more use out of her before killing her off here, or find some other way to activate Faith and spare her.

A potential Kendra book would be an interesting challenge for the reboot.

They'd essentially have to create it from scratch as there wasn't alot there for her in the show.

EDIT- https://butwhythopodcast.com/2019/10...-boom-studios/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-01-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Kendra could always be a Watcher.
    Well, speaking of, latest issue seems to be going all in on one of the earlier twists. This issue also read alright but it made me realize that I really don't know what is going on with the actual Hellmouth story.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well, speaking of, latest issue seems to be going all in on one of the earlier twists. This issue also read alright but it made me realize that I really don't know what is going on with the actual Hellmouth story.
    It feels set after the Hellmouth crossover. I think Buffy and Angel didn't return yet from fighting whoever Drusilla summoned. It might have been better if they finished the crossover first before doing a time-skip.