Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I dig their new wardrobe. As a contemporary re-imagining I think they work. I'm interested that they appear to be using Anya so early in the reboot, I loved Anya but surprised she's showing up. I love that Giles hasn't changed at all, Librarian chic will never die!

I think I'm going to give the new book a shot. Visually my only disappointment is that they're sticking so clearly to the actor's likenesses. Which I get, it's a licensed book that comes with likenesses. I just found that many of the Dark Horse artists kind of branched out from them. They focused more so on drawing Buffy Summers than Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers. I respected that.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-01-2018 at 01:33 PM.

They look good.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I love it, especially Buffys

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The designs look great. I especially love Drusilla. Anya showing up so early is also a surprise.

The absence of Angel and Cordelia is a bit annoying. Is Whedon and Dark Horse's complete apathy towards Angel and his entire half of the mythos extending to Boom?
    Though in fairness, I didn't see Oz either. I wonder if they'll swap him out for Tara?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The designs look great. I especially love Drusilla. Anya showing up so early is also a surprise.

The absence of Angel and Cordelia is a bit annoying. Is Whedon and Dark Horse's complete apathy towards Angel and his entire half of the mythos extending to Boom?
    Though in fairness, I didn't see Oz either. I wonder if they'll swap him out for Tara?
    Cordy and Oz have been on Variant covers. Angel however hasnt been seen at all but I saw an interview today which said:
    As you can see, Jordie and Dan have some huge plans for Buffy and the Gang – starting with some pretty major introductions of characters like Anya and…well, I won’t spoil that one quite yet. But let’s just say by issue #4, it’ll be clear that this is a love letter to the Buffy we all adore and will go in directions that no one ever expected.
    My guess- Angel is the Spoiler
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Will this take place in the present day or still be presented as late 90's teens? Looking at Willow's design specifically its making me think a reimagining in the present.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Will this take place in the present day or still be presented as late 90's teens? Looking at Willow's design specifically its making me think a reimagining in the present.
    It's taking place in the present day.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    My guess- Angel is the Spoiler
    Given the interview, that sounds like a good guess. Whedon and Dark Horse burned me pretty bad as far as Angel and his cast were concerned (the Twilight insanity and Connor not being mentioned until after the fact, the callous joke that Cordy was "dead" in the one written by Jeph Loeb, Gunn only making a brief appearance before vanishing into the ether, and whatever the hell is going on with Fred/Illyria and Angel in the last issues) that I'm kind of paranoid about how this will go. I'm hoping Boom and its writers will be more respectful. Of the two shows, I like AtS slightly more and dislike it getting thrown under the bus just because BTVS is more famous.

I'm wondering if they might introduce Angel as him already doing his Angel Investigations thing?

Drusilla seems to be the Big Bad and reminds me a bit of Darla.

It would be cool if they did a flip on certain storylines that didn't pan out well like Xander taking Riley's place in the Initiative. On YouTube, Passion of the Nerd made the case for xander joining the Initiative in season 4.

Tbh i rather a new slayer take over but im curious as to what a reboot Buffy would be like.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-15-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Random Thought I had- What if Angel isnt Angel when we meet him, what if they introduce him as Angelus first
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Still no Angel then...
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Still no Angel then...
    they gotta save some reveals for later.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    they gotta save some reveals for later.
    The Lack of Angel so far and the earlier debut of Spike and Drusilla is whats making me think they might introduce Angel as Angelus first
    Pull List: