Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I dig their new wardrobe. As a contemporary re-imagining I think they work. I'm interested that they appear to be using Anya so early in the reboot, I loved Anya but surprised she's showing up. I love that Giles hasn't changed at all, Librarian chic will never die!

I think I'm going to give the new book a shot. Visually my only disappointment is that they're sticking so clearly to the actor's likenesses. Which I get, it's a licensed book that comes with likenesses. I just found that many of the Dark Horse artists kind of branched out from them. They focused more so on drawing Buffy Summers than Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers. I respected that.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-01-2018 at 01:33 PM.

They look good.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I love it, especially Buffys

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The designs look great. I especially love Drusilla. Anya showing up so early is also a surprise.

The absence of Angel and Cordelia is a bit annoying. Is Whedon and Dark Horse's complete apathy towards Angel and his entire half of the mythos extending to Boom?
    Though in fairness, I didn't see Oz either. I wonder if they'll swap him out for Tara?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The designs look great. I especially love Drusilla. Anya showing up so early is also a surprise.

The absence of Angel and Cordelia is a bit annoying. Is Whedon and Dark Horse's complete apathy towards Angel and his entire half of the mythos extending to Boom?
    Though in fairness, I didn't see Oz either. I wonder if they'll swap him out for Tara?
    Cordy and Oz have been on Variant covers. Angel however hasnt been seen at all but I saw an interview today which said:
    As you can see, Jordie and Dan have some huge plans for Buffy and the Gang – starting with some pretty major introductions of characters like Anya and…well, I won’t spoil that one quite yet. But let’s just say by issue #4, it’ll be clear that this is a love letter to the Buffy we all adore and will go in directions that no one ever expected.
    My guess- Angel is the Spoiler
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe