Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Oh snap. It was always a longshot anyway, ha. We'll see where this all goes. Its got my attention though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    If he becomes an Ally then what do they do with Spike and why do we need Angel, Speaking of I’m betting the FCBD issue has Buffy/Angel’s First Interaction and he’ll tell her about Xander in some cryptic manner
    A different perspective on becoming a vampire- Xander is going through it in real-time versus Spike/Angel who is 100+ years old.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A different perspective on becoming a vampire- Xander is going through it in real-time versus Spike/Angel who is 100+ years old.
    I'm thinking they'll redeem Xander but to start he will be the Villain simply so they can create a Wedge between Spike and Dru creating a Reason for Spike's Turn to the Light
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    if xander is turned, and becomes an ally, i think that could be cool, but i'm not interested in him being a villain and them trashing his character
    Likewise. I realize he's a lot of people's least favorite OG Scoobie, but he was always my favorite after Giles.

I'm thinking they'll redeem Xander but to start he will be the Villain simply so they can create a Wedge between Spike and Dru creating a Reason for Spike's Turn to the Light
    Am I the only one who never cared for Spike after he got his soul back? I mean, I know he wasn't evil anymore after that, but he seemed to lose all his teeth. I honestly think Whedon was right when he commented that the perfect pairing in his Buffy-verse was Spike and Angel because you just saw parts of their personalities that you never saw before (not to mention the fact that it was entertaining as hell). If Spike does turn to the light, I hope most (if not all) of his future appearances will be in the Angel book.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Likewise. I realize he's a lot of people's least favorite OG Scoobie, but he was always my favorite after Giles.

Am I the only one who never cared for Spike after he got his soul back? I mean, I know he wasn't evil anymore after that, but he seemed to lose all his teeth. I honestly think Whedon was right when he commented that the perfect pairing in his Buffy-verse was Spike and Angel because you just saw parts of their personalities that you never saw before (not to mention the fact that it was entertaining as hell). If Spike does turn to the light, I hope most (if not all) of his future appearances will be in the Angel book.
    I dont think they’ll give Spike a Soul, I think we’ll get Season 4-5 Era Spike
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Astonishing Member

I dont think they’ll give Spike a Soul, I think we’ll get Season 4-5 Era Spike
    If you mean reluctant ally, but still very much an ********* Spike, I'm all in.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

he's always been my fave OG scooby member too. I hope they just do something good with him, because if they don't, i'll gladly drop it

he's always been my fave OG scooby member too. I hope they just do something good with him, because if they don't, i'll gladly drop it
    I love Xander but Angel and Giles all the way
    Pull List:

If you mean reluctant ally, but still very much an ********* Spike, I'm all in.
    Exactly that Spike, stick a Chip in his head and let him be That Spike, Not this one we have currently who just gives me Season 6-7 vibes
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member

Same here. As much as I like the other characters, Xander's one of my faves. It would be a deal breaker if they mistreated him.

Same here. As much as I like the other characters, Xander's one of my faves. It would be a deal breaker if they mistreated him.
    That Sounds like my Concerns about Angel when the Creative Team for Buffy stated they didnt like him much and are team Spike all the way, describing Spike as a “softie”. However I’m worried about the Future for Xander more than him currently
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member

That Sounds like my Concerns about Angel when the Creative Team for Buffy stated they didnt like him much and are team Spike all the way, describing Spike as a “softie”. However I’m worried about the Future for Xander more than him currently
    Yeah, I was concerned about Angel when there really wasn't much word on him when this series was first announced.

Yeah, I was concerned about Angel when there really wasn't much word on him when this series was first announced.
    My Concern was less the Lack of Word but more that when there was that it was all “Personally I really dont like him, I prefer Spike because he’s a Softie and a Poet.”
    Me: *Laughs in Season 6 Spike*
    Pull List:

Xander was never a favorite of mine but I don't know if turning him into a vampire solves that. Unless the arc for Xander is for him to realize him becoming a vampire doesn't solve the emptiness he felt as a human teen. Which is what I think they are going for with the arc. I could see them having Xander confront his parents a lot more than he did in the original show

Sidebar- I like how Xander, Willow, and Cordelia are written so far. They feel like they are flipped in personality but they are still them.

On Spike, I like him as a character but I wouldn't want him to be less bad. If they don't have him kill Nicki Wood or give that kill to Angel I'd lose all respect for this reboot and drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Xander was never a favorite of mine but I don't know if turning him into a vampire solves that. Unless the arc for Xander is for him to realize him becoming a vampire doesn't solve the emptiness he felt as a human teen. Which is what I think they are going for with the arc. I could see them having Xander confront his parents a lot more than he did in the original show

Sidebar- I like how Xander, Willow, and Cordelia are written so far. They feel like they are flipped in personality but they are still them.

On Spike, I like him as a character but I wouldn't want him to be less bad. If they don't have him kill Nicki Wood or give that kill to Angel I'd lose all respect for this reboot and drop it.
    Spike I want as his Season 4 self, so far I feel like he’s too watered down to boost Dru
    Pull List: