Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://comicbook.com/comics/2019/10...ayer-revealed/

New Slayer Alert!!!!

Did anyone read Hellmouth issue#1?
    Yes. It was alright. Without getting too negative, I don't think this book was ready to crossover yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yes. It was alright. Without getting too negative, I don't think this book was ready to crossover yet.
    me neither.

Ironically I felt Angel and Buffy should have switched plots. The vanity demon weaponizing social media feels like a better fit here.

New Slayer Alert!!!!

KENDRA!!, I gotta catch up now
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

It just won't be the same without being able to hear that terrible, terrible accent.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file

New Slayer Alert!!!!

Was really hoping they'd hold off a long while on this. I'm all for bringing back Kendra, just as I eventually hope to see Faith, just wish it would have been in a new role. I just think the lore could have used really hammering home the special nature of the singular Slayer, as multiple Slayers became a pretty over-saturated concept.

But that quibble aside I'm enjoying this reboot very much.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-29-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kendra could always be a Watcher.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Was really hoping they'd hold off a long while on this. I'm all for bringing back Kendra, just as I eventually hope to see Faith, just wish it would have been in a new role. I just think the lore could have used really hammering home the special nature of the singular Slayer, as multiple Slayers became a pretty over-saturated concept.

But that quibble aside I'm enjoying this reboot very much.
    Yes, I hardly feel Buffy has been made enough of the focus of her own book to have her suddenly missing and replaced feel all that special. Wild speculation but Kendra is getting a new stealth launch book in January or February.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I am a huge Faith fanboy, but Kendra got done dirty by the original show. Only three episodes and then she got killed off, and I don't think anybody cared past Becoming Part 2. I hope they get more use out of her before killing her off here, or find some other way to activate Faith and spare her.

A potential Kendra book would be an interesting challenge for the reboot.

They'd essentially have to create it from scratch as there wasn't alot there for her in the show.

EDIT- https://butwhythopodcast.com/2019/10...-boom-studios/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-01-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Kendra could always be a Watcher.
    Well, speaking of, latest issue seems to be going all in on one of the earlier twists. This issue also read alright but it made me realize that I really don't know what is going on with the actual Hellmouth story.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well, speaking of, latest issue seems to be going all in on one of the earlier twists. This issue also read alright but it made me realize that I really don't know what is going on with the actual Hellmouth story.
    It feels set after the Hellmouth crossover. I think Buffy and Angel didn't return yet from fighting whoever Drusilla summoned. It might have been better if they finished the crossover first before doing a time-skip.

https://www.newsarama.com/48709-buff...his-april.html

New Buffy one shot set to debut in April 2020. "Buffy: Every generation ".

EDIT- this could be how Dawn comes in.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-22-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Okay, what are these comics about? When are they set?

Is this basically the TV series redone?

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Okay, what are these comics about? When are they set?

Is this basically the TV series redone?
    It's a hard reboot set in the 2020s. It's more of its own take on Buffy's high school years than a complete redux.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-15-2020 at 08:55 AM.

So Angel is back this week with #9 after... I wanna say 2 months off. Honestly I'm still not sold on the Buffy book and Hellmouth didn't do much for me, but I'm loving Angel, could be because I'm primarily an Angel fan and I like Spike when he's fun not melodramatic
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-25-2020 at 06:13 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe