Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    They also held Angel back initially, plus this wouldn't just hold Angel back, it'd hold everyone back
    It's a reboot, you could just put Movie Buffy with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a reboot, you could just put Movie Buffy with the others.
    Movie Buffy was still canon to the show though, it got retold in a comic once before
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Movie Buffy was still canon to the show though, it got retold in a comic once before
    I know, I'm just saying exploring Movie Buffy and her adjustment to being a slayer would've been a more interesting place to start the reboot.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-21-2020 at 01:54 PM.

So Buffy #18 came out and I'd say it was pretty okay. I'm not convinced about 'Xangelus' as I've been calling him and just want my goofy Xander back but it's been a good enough story
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Astonishing Member

I'm on the verge of dropping this book, quite frankly. I'm really hating what they're doing with Xander. First, they end his human life when he's at his absolute lowest, now he's full on evil. At this rate, I'm really expecting him to be dusted, but only after doing some truly horrific things. After that, they'll probably give him some half-assed eulogy or something saying how they truly missed him when he was human when truth of the matter is is that they couldn't be bothered to give him the time of day.

This only makes me hate Robin Wood all the more, btw. While I didn't mind the tv version of this character in the least, I violently despise this one.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm on the verge of dropping this book, quite frankly. I'm really hating what they're doing with Xander. First, they end his human life when he's at his absolute lowest, now he's full on evil. At this rate, I'm really expecting him to be dusted, but only after doing some truly horrific things. After that, they'll probably give him some half-assed eulogy or something saying how they truly missed him when he was human when truth of the matter is is that they couldn't be bothered to give him the time of day.

This only makes me hate Robin Wood all the more, btw. While I didn't mind the tv version of this character in the least, I violently despise this one.
    I highly doubt they kill Xander, they didn't kill Angel when he was possessed by the Hellmother, They didn't kill Spike. I agree about not liking where he's gone but I honestly see them doing a Xander redemption arc, even if he's gone through the ringer here.
    Plus: Angel's ending at #16, with plans for his story to continue already in place, so I guess Angel's coming in, which likely means Robin Wood's not going to be with buffy much longer.
    Pull List:

Pull List:

Buffy #19- A Fun read, finally something more character driven, lots of teases for the future, and the Evil Xander arc ends next issue.

And that last page spoilers:
    Enter Faith
    end of spoilers

Overall I'd say this issue was five by five.
    Pull List: