Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bleeding Cool are reporting that Angel fans will feel strongly about whatever revisions are coming next week, due to hints at a potential pairing
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I have a feeling Angel is going to debut directly as Angelus and kills Xander.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I have a feeling Angel is going to debut directly as Angelus and kills Xander.
    I’d be ok with that entrance, Not Xander dying but replacing him could give Oz a role in this book, I have a Feeling Spike will be rushed to Anti Hero by #4
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-22-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

So Issue 2 I liked more than the first, I liked the introductions to Cordellia, who to me feels very much like Cordy did in Angel Season 2 or so, and especially Spike who's basically not changed at all and reminds me of his initial villainous role but also more of Angel since he just kinda appears, unlike Classic Spike who loved to make a Grand Entrance

Still No Angel and Oz though
    Pull List:

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Another great issue!

*SPOILERS FOR ISSUE 2 AHEAD*

I’m really loving this new start. I never know what to expect and I love the little Easter eggs for fans.

Is Rose an existing character or brand new? Doesn’t look familiar and I already like her better than Kennedy. Lol. How cute is Willow’s face when she blushes?!

I wonder if they’re going to reveal the Cordy we all know and loved to hate and that the perfect front is just an act?

Spike was a nice creepy intro. Balloon in the dark woods. Nice touch.

Looks like Wood could be a love interest. Will his heritage be the same?

Good and sad reveal of who was narrating this issue. Poor Xan

They’re gonna do something interesting with Joyce’s boyfriend. Maybe not make him evil but have him get caught up in some slayer stuff and maybe killed trying to connect with Buffy. Maybe that’s how Joyce finds out about Buffy’s night job.

And I have to praise the amazing art once again. What a great job Dan Mora is doing here. I love the creepy dream stuff. I feel the comic will be able to go places and do unsettling things more than the live action series ever could.

Can’t wait for the next issue!
    Last edited by Obsidian Spider; 02-28-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Another great issue!

*SPOILERS FOR ISSUE 2 AHEAD*

I’m really loving this new start. I never know what to expect and I love the little Easter eggs for fans.

Is Rose an existing character or brand new? Doesn’t look familiar and I already like her better than Kennedy. Lol. How cute is Willow’s face when she blushes?!

I wonder if they’re going to reveal the Cordy we all know and loved to hate and that the perfect front is just an act?

Spike was a nice creepy intro. Balloon in the dark woods. Nice touch.

Looks like Wood could be a love interest. Will his heritage be the same?

Good and sad reveal of who was narrating this issue. Poor Xan

They’re gonna do something interesting with Joyce’s boyfriend. Maybe not make him evil but have him get caught up in some slayer stuff and maybe killed trying to connect with Buffy. Maybe that’s how Joyce finds out about Buffy’s night job.

And I have to praise the amazing art once again. What a great job Dan Mora is doing here. I love the creepy dream stuff. I feel the comic will be able to go places and do unsettling things more than the live action series ever could.

Can’t wait for the next issue!
    really liked this issue too, but i'm a big xander fan and it does not look good for him. I'd hate for them to just kill him off so early. they could make him a vamp, i'd be fine with that. he could be the angel character

Rather than making him a vampire I rather they make him more of a techie. Originally Willow was a hacker before they played up her magic so having Xander fill that role could benefit him more in the future.

I feel like if you had to merge him with someone else- you should have him fill Riley's role in the initiative if they ever make an appearance.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2019 at 04:19 PM.

I'm a HUGE Buffy fan! The show is one of my all-time favorites and I've enjoyed the comics a lot. I was very apprehensive about a "reboot" at BOOM! but I have to say that I'm liking this quite a bit! It'll be interesting to see just how much is changed up from the original, but it's definitely off to a good start! Story and Art are great so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I'm a HUGE Buffy fan! The show is one of my all-time favorites and I've enjoyed the comics a lot. I was very apprehensive about a "reboot" at BOOM! but I have to say that I'm liking this quite a bit! It'll be interesting to see just how much is changed up from the original, but it's definitely off to a good start! Story and Art are great so far!!
    This, More of an Angel fan myself so I’m still on edge til he reappears
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    This, More of an Angel fan myself so I’m still on edge til he reappears
    I love Angel almost as much as Buffy. Two shows that are on my all-time favorites list! I'm looking forward to Angel appearing in the book as well. It will be interesting if he first appears as Angelus and doesn't get his soul back until after fighting the scooby gang for a bit. I'd prefer him to be Angel, but IF they go that route it will make for an interesting twist.

https://www.newsarama.com/44394-davi...re-slayer.html

Second Arc fractures the Scoobies, The Fans and the Vamps.... I’m still thinking Angelus
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/44394-davi...re-slayer.html

Second Arc fractures the Scoobies, The Fans and the Vamps.... I’m still thinking Angelus
    I think you may be right!

Still pretty convinced the death is Xander, but my hope is that eventually there will be more to it than meets the eye and they're not just taking him off the canvas completely as just a shocking fallen character ala Doyle.

Or maybe there's more to it than meets the eye right off the bat and he's turned. An Angelus sired Xander could be someone not destined for a quick dusting. We'll see though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Still pretty convinced the death is Xander, but my hope is that eventually there will be more to it than meets the eye and they're not just taking him off the canvas completely as just a shocking fallen character ala Doyle.

Or maybe there's more to it than meets the eye right off the bat and he's turned. An Angelus sired Xander could be someone not destined for a quick dusting. We'll see though.
    I hope he's not a "Doyle" style kill, either, but given the decades' long hate from multiple quarters for multiple reasons that Xander has been the target of, I can see Boom! thinking killing off Xander for good and moving on would be a move that would make them fan favorites.