Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 136
  1. #91
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,076

    Default

    Oh snap. It was always a longshot anyway, ha. We'll see where this all goes. Its got my attention though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    If he becomes an Ally then what do they do with Spike and why do we need Angel, Speaking of I’m betting the FCBD issue has Buffy/Angel’s First Interaction and he’ll tell her about Xander in some cryptic manner
    A different perspective on becoming a vampire- Xander is going through it in real-time versus Spike/Angel who is 100+ years old.

  3. #93
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A different perspective on becoming a vampire- Xander is going through it in real-time versus Spike/Angel who is 100+ years old.
    I'm thinking they'll redeem Xander but to start he will be the Villain simply so they can create a Wedge between Spike and Dru creating a Reason for Spike's Turn to the Light
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  4. #94
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    if xander is turned, and becomes an ally, i think that could be cool, but i'm not interested in him being a villain and them trashing his character
    Likewise. I realize he's a lot of people's least favorite OG Scoobie, but he was always my favorite after Giles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I'm thinking they'll redeem Xander but to start he will be the Villain simply so they can create a Wedge between Spike and Dru creating a Reason for Spike's Turn to the Light
    Am I the only one who never cared for Spike after he got his soul back? I mean, I know he wasn't evil anymore after that, but he seemed to lose all his teeth. I honestly think Whedon was right when he commented that the perfect pairing in his Buffy-verse was Spike and Angel because you just saw parts of their personalities that you never saw before (not to mention the fact that it was entertaining as hell). If Spike does turn to the light, I hope most (if not all) of his future appearances will be in the Angel book.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  5. #95
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Likewise. I realize he's a lot of people's least favorite OG Scoobie, but he was always my favorite after Giles.



    Am I the only one who never cared for Spike after he got his soul back? I mean, I know he wasn't evil anymore after that, but he seemed to lose all his teeth. I honestly think Whedon was right when he commented that the perfect pairing in his Buffy-verse was Spike and Angel because you just saw parts of their personalities that you never saw before (not to mention the fact that it was entertaining as hell). If Spike does turn to the light, I hope most (if not all) of his future appearances will be in the Angel book.
    I dont think they’ll give Spike a Soul, I think we’ll get Season 4-5 Era Spike
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  6. #96
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I dont think they’ll give Spike a Soul, I think we’ll get Season 4-5 Era Spike
    If you mean reluctant ally, but still very much an a$$hole Spike, I'm all in.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  7. #97
    Mighty Member jpmst17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Likewise. I realize he's a lot of people's least favorite OG Scoobie, but he was always my favorite after Giles.



    Am I the only one who never cared for Spike after he got his soul back? I mean, I know he wasn't evil anymore after that, but he seemed to lose all his teeth. I honestly think Whedon was right when he commented that the perfect pairing in his Buffy-verse was Spike and Angel because you just saw parts of their personalities that you never saw before (not to mention the fact that it was entertaining as hell). If Spike does turn to the light, I hope most (if not all) of his future appearances will be in the Angel book.
    he's always been my fave OG scooby member too. I hope they just do something good with him, because if they don't, i'll gladly drop it

  8. #98
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    he's always been my fave OG scooby member too. I hope they just do something good with him, because if they don't, i'll gladly drop it
    I love Xander but Angel and Giles all the way
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  9. #99
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    If you mean reluctant ally, but still very much an a$$hole Spike, I'm all in.
    Exactly that Spike, stick a Chip in his head and let him be That Spike, Not this one we have currently who just gives me Season 6-7 vibes
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  10. #100
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    he's always been my fave OG scooby member too. I hope they just do something good with him, because if they don't, i'll gladly drop it
    Same here. As much as I like the other characters, Xander's one of my faves. It would be a deal breaker if they mistreated him.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  11. #101
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Same here. As much as I like the other characters, Xander's one of my faves. It would be a deal breaker if they mistreated him.
    That Sounds like my Concerns about Angel when the Creative Team for Buffy stated they didnt like him much and are team Spike all the way, describing Spike as a “softie”. However I’m worried about the Future for Xander more than him currently
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  12. #102
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    That Sounds like my Concerns about Angel when the Creative Team for Buffy stated they didnt like him much and are team Spike all the way, describing Spike as a “softie”. However I’m worried about the Future for Xander more than him currently
    Yeah, I was concerned about Angel when there really wasn't much word on him when this series was first announced.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  13. #103
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yeah, I was concerned about Angel when there really wasn't much word on him when this series was first announced.
    My Concern was less the Lack of Word but more that when there was that it was all “Personally I really dont like him, I prefer Spike because he’s a Softie and a Poet.”
    Me: *Laughs in Season 6 Spike*
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  14. #104

    Default

    Xander was never a favorite of mine but I don't know if turning him into a vampire solves that. Unless the arc for Xander is for him to realize him becoming a vampire doesn't solve the emptiness he felt as a human teen. Which is what I think they are going for with the arc. I could see them having Xander confront his parents a lot more than he did in the original show

    Sidebar- I like how Xander, Willow, and Cordelia are written so far. They feel like they are flipped in personality but they are still them.

    On Spike, I like him as a character but I wouldn't want him to be less bad. If they don't have him kill Nicki Wood or give that kill to Angel I'd lose all respect for this reboot and drop it.

  15. #105
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Xander was never a favorite of mine but I don't know if turning him into a vampire solves that. Unless the arc for Xander is for him to realize him becoming a vampire doesn't solve the emptiness he felt as a human teen. Which is what I think they are going for with the arc. I could see them having Xander confront his parents a lot more than he did in the original show

    Sidebar- I like how Xander, Willow, and Cordelia are written so far. They feel like they are flipped in personality but they are still them.

    On Spike, I like him as a character but I wouldn't want him to be less bad. If they don't have him kill Nicki Wood or give that kill to Angel I'd lose all respect for this reboot and drop it.
    Spike I want as his Season 4 self, so far I feel like he’s too watered down to boost Dru
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •