Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Im not sure they should have started with Spike and Drusilla. Maybe just give them a starter big bad and save them for later?

Or have the Whirlwind and The Master face Angel and focus on someone else?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    On Spike, I like him as a character but I wouldn't want him to be less bad. If they don't have him kill Nicki Wood or give that kill to Angel I'd lose all respect for this reboot and drop it.
    Honestly, I would've preferred it if they brought in his mother instead. Nicki never really did anything for me on the show. His mom is the one I was interested in learning more about, especially her history with Spike.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly, I would've preferred it if they brought in his mother instead. Nicki never really did anything for me on the show. His mom is the one I was interested in learning more about, especially her history with Spike.
    You mean Robin, Nicki is his mom who was slayer and Spike killed her.

I guess you could always make Nicki Buffy's immediate predecessor. Or even have her become a Vampire - that might have been a cool twist (save it for Kendra).

Honestly, I never felt like I need to know more about Nicki so I don't prefer her to Robin. Granted I'm not sold on young Robin yet as he's just there.

Honestly, I might have preferred Gunn but it feels weird to pair him with Buffy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-22-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Robin! Right! My bad.

IDK, what bothered my about Robin the most is that other than the fact that he was a Slayer's son, there really wasn't much else to him than that. He needed a little more texture. And I know we're only a few issues in, but it doesn't really seem as if he has any more here.

I agree. Gunn would've been a good choice. He has texture up the wazoo. And it would've been easy enough to move him onto Angel later if that's what they decided to do.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Robin! Right! My bad.

IDK, what bothered my about Robin the most is that other than the fact that he was a Slayer's son, there really wasn't much else to him than that. He needed a little more texture. And I know we're only a few issues in, but it doesn't really seem as if he has any more here.

I agree. Gunn would've been a good choice. He has texture up the wazoo. And it would've been easy enough to move him onto Angel later if that's what they decided to do.
    Robin debuted in season 7 which was already packed with characters. So he got defined as a Spike-foil and the show ended before he could find a new niche. I'm curious how he would have fared in the proposed Faith spinoff. It might have helped him similar to how Wesley was treated after he joined Angel.

Right now they are playing the long game with Robin so maybe he'll pick up soon?

Maybe they should have swapped Gunn for Robin?

If you mean reluctant ally, but still very much an ********* Spike, I'm all in.
    Me too, that was my favorite version of Spike by far (end of Season Two & Season Four).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

https://www.newsarama.com/45249-buff...osen-ones.html

New one-shot for Buffy about Slayers in the past.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-20-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Anyone pick up on the spoilers:
    Dawn and Glory
    end of spoilers tease in #5?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Anyone pick up on the spoilers:
    Dawn and Glory
    end of spoilers tease in #5?

ps, how do you do spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

ps, how do you do spoilers?
    [SPOIL] [/ SPOIL]

Take the Space out after the Slash

As for that Spoiler. spoilers:
    Vamp Xander talks about the future involving “the Key” and the Arrival of “Her” who would have slaves and all the men she wants
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    [SPOIL] [/ SPOIL]

Take the Space out after the Slash

As for that Spoiler. spoilers:
    Vamp Xander talks about the future involving “the Key” and the Arrival of “Her” who would have slaves and all the men she wants
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    in the original show the Master worshipped the Old Ones. Maybe Drusilla worships Glory? Maybe Dawn lives with Buffy's dad in this incarnation? that could be how she's introduced.
    end of spoilers

Pull List:

Pull List:

Is that supposed to be Cordy Spike is kissing? I can only assume its her, it kinda resembles both her but I could also see Anya if I strain myself. But that doesn't look lto be in this iteration of Anya's wardrobe. Same going for Dru.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El