Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Meet the Skrulls mini announced

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...iko-henrichon/

The Warners are your typical family. Dad works at Stark. Mom works in a Senator’s office. Jennifer and Alice are students at Stamford High School. The only thing that makes them different is that they’re shape-shifting Skrulls and have infiltrated our society to pave the way for a Skrull invasion. Robbie Thompson (SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL) and Niko Henrichon (DOCTOR STRANGE, Pride of Baghdad) bring the Marvel Universe down to Earth with a bold new look at the Skrulls that will test even YOUR loyalty. COLLECTING: MEET THE SKRULLS 1-5

Since that's a TPB solicit, it seems to be a digital weekly series out in February with the trade out in March. Reminds me of Tom King's Vision.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Starting the Captain Marvel synergy eh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm actually totally here for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yep, pretty much.

In before we get Secret Invasion 2 .

That bit at the end of the article is wrong, Marvel Studios could always use Skrulls, just not Super Skrulls. And they were announced for CM before the deal was a rumor. And lo, Rich can't Google.

have infiltrated our society to pave the way for a Skrull invasion.

How about a new story for the skrulls House of Ideas?
    I know that's their but this doesn't sound like anything interesting.
    This is like selling a wolverine book by describing as, "Logan tried to live a normal life but then he goes around stabbing people. "
    You don't sell a book by just describing the base story beats for that character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yep.

Movie synergy is everywhere nowadays.

I remember when folks said it was a Marvel thing alone until DC “Momoasized” Aquaman. Lol.

So, The Americans except with Skrull spies instead of Russian spies posing as American citizens.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Time for some synergy!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Somehow I can't help but think Invader Zim already did this premise better 17 years ago.

Interesting idea. It would be interesting to see how ingrained colonialism is in them

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was REALLY into it until the whole Skrull invasion thing. Why so obvious? Hopefully there's some twist in there, like how some people expected Tom King's The Vision to be a typical family superhero book but then it turned out to be an epic dark thriller. I hope the writer delivers, 'cause I'll be checking this out. Also, hopefully this is a part of something bigger. Like, not another Secret Invasion, but a bigger story featuring the Skrulls. It doesn't even have to be an event. I'd settle for an arc in the Captain Marvel book.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Feels like they're going for a Vision vibe here. This looks like fun, but I feel guilty with the digital series I buy already since I feel like I have to cut back on the books I buy from my local comic shop.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Gearing up for Secret Invasion 2, which will probably be over in an afternoon again.

I sorta hope one of them actually turns out to be a good guy and becomes an Avenger or something.

That or at least one Skrull out of the Carol Danvers movie synergy. I always thought it would be interesting following/reading about a Skrull from their perspective. I also think shapeshifting as a powerset is pretty cool.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.