BANNED

Default Is Superboys flight/TK based off of Man of Steels superman flight?

As in when he puts his fist on the ground stuff starts moving around,and if you take that one step farther it becomes how superboys flight/TK works in the Smallville digital first book.superboy was created by mimicking and then expanding the idea of supermans aura,so is it possible they did this on purpose? Or just a nice coincidence? Or iyo not even remotely the same?

BANNED

Yeah, that scene didn't make sense to me either unless he was using some TTK. Whether Snyder and writers knew anything about Superboy's powers and used them in MOS.

I don't think they even knew about Superboy. But I could be way off to.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I think you got the title backwards...
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Might have.

It could definitely be the TTK or maybe they used Morrison's explanation to how Superman flies. Super powered Kryptonians can control their own gravitational field. So when Supes flies small particles around him may get caught up in it.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-28-2014 at 02:18 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I think they just used that effect because it looked really cool in the Matrix films and, at the time, people were yelling at WB to do Superman this way. I was one of them.

The TKK explanation makes sense, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    Yeah, that scene didn't make sense to me either unless he was using some TTK. Whether Snyder and writers knew anything about Superboy's powers and used them in MOS.

I don't think they even knew about Superboy. But I could be way off to.
    Possibly,but I like things to work together,and makes sense in the larger picture.thats why I am asking,because wouldn't be cool of the comic Superboy could have ONE great way of explaining his powers,and ONE great way to explain his origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I think you got the title backwards...
    You mean MoS got it from Superboy???

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It could definitely be the TTK or maybe they used Morrison's explanation to how Superman flies. Super powered Kryptonians can control their own gravitational field. So when Supes flies small particles around him may get caught up in it.
    And in the original explanation Cadmus created a TK field based off of this.see things can work together if everyone is working together.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I think they just used that effect because it looked really cool in the Matrix films and, at the time, people were yelling at WB to do Superman this way. I was one of them.

The TKK explanation makes sense, though.
    The explanation for Smallville superboys TK powers just reads real clean and simple,and saying it is based off of what kryptonians can naturally do would be a easy and simple way to explain his TTK which a lot of ppl can not wrap their brains around.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    You mean MoS got it from Superboy???
    Sure. Superboy has used tactile telekinesis since he was introduced in the '90s, long before Man of Steel was even being developed.

BANNED

Do you all think going back to a explanation of supermans powers that is more like the Bryne idea,auras or fields around his body that helps him do things is even possible? It would be a lot easier to explain kon TTK,all we would have to say is he is like superman,but with more control over it.

I do hope they do something like this on the movie atleast,makes for a easier time believing all the powers and how easy it is to gain and lose them.

I don't think it was done on purpose at all. Not everything is "Kon"-centric. Seems like Synder was trying to add some "realism" to how a kryptonian's body would behave on another planet as well as loosely following laws of physics. One of the things I liked about the movie. Our atmosphere is thinner so you see Kryptonians having difficulty breathing. Gravity is weaker so they are physically stronger and faster and coupled with the thinner atmosphere he can see and hear better. The sun amplifies these abilities. I've always liked the idea of a super charged bio-electric field which negates gravity and allows him to "ride", "swim", accelerate and decelerate through the Earth's magnetic field. It seemed that was the case especially as you saw the effect of debris and and armor floating around them. This can also apply to the Smallville Kon in that his bio-electric field maybe stronger so objects stay with him or his aura's range is a bit broader and he has a unique ability to control it better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I don't think it was done on purpose at all. Not everything is "Kon"-centric. Seems like Synder was trying to add some "realism" to how a kryptonian's body would behave on another planet as well as loosely following laws of physics. One of the things I liked about the movie. Our atmosphere is thinner so you see Kryptonians having difficulty breathing. Gravity is weaker so they are physically stronger and faster and coupled with the thinner atmosphere he can see and hear better. The sun amplifies these abilities. I've always liked the idea of a super charged bio-electric field which negates gravity and allows him to "ride", "swim", accelerate and decelerate through the Earth's magnetic field. It seemed that was the case especially as you saw the effect of debris and and armor floating around them. This can also apply to the Smallville Kon in that his bio-electric field maybe stronger so objects stay with him or his aura's range is a bit broader and he has a unique ability to control it better.

Exactly,and I started this thread mostly for your feedback lol.

Now 13 can you use what you just said up there to explain your idea of kon as a YJ level physical guy with TTK to even it out?

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Exactly,and I started this thread mostly for your feedback lol.

Now 13 can you use what you just said up there to explain your idea of kon as a YJ level physical guy with TTK to even it out?
    It's not hard really. If you want to create a version of Kon in the Man of Steel universe, he'd be somewhat like the Smallville version. He'd have the golden age level of physical power. He'd have the Kryptonian native physical enhancements but the rate of processing solar energy would be slower so his abilities won't be as amplified as much as a full Kryptonian. He has heat vision but can only use it for a limited time due to his limited rate of absorption. A mutation will occur in Kon's bio-electric field. He can manipulate matter he comes in contact with by levitating it, repulsion, and attraction. He can even extend the aura to protect others within his vicinity and use it as a form of electrolocation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    It's not hard really. If you want to create a version of Kon in the Man of Steel universe, he'd be somewhat like the Smallville version. He'd have the golden age level of physical power. He'd have the Kryptonian native physical enhancements but the rate of processing solar energy would be slower so his abilities won't be as amplified as much as a full Kryptonian. He has heat vision but can only use it for a limited time due to his limited rate of absorption. A mutation will occur in Kon's bio-electric field. He can manipulate matter he comes in contact with by levitating it, repulsion, and attraction. He can even extend the aura to protect others within his vicinity and use it as a form of electrolocation.
    See this is why I ask for 13's ideas

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

John Byrne (Man of Steel Vol 2 and 7), Richard Donner (in Superman TM) and Grant Morrison imply if not outright state that Superman flies by defying gravity. Byrne specifically uses this to explain how Superman can lift incredible weights with not just his strength alone.

In MOS both Superman and Zod seem to emit some sort of gravity field as they lift off the ground. With Superman we saw rocks and snow lift off the ground. With Zod we saw his glove/gauntlet float momentarily as he took flight for the first time.

BANNED

So kon's TTK is a mutated bio electric field that superman uses to fly and lift heavy objects,and kon can extend for many extra abilities,but as a hybrid he has a slower solar absorption rate so he is physically weaker, that way his two powersets kinda even him out with full kryptonians.

Kon from his TTK(or mutated bio electric field) should have kesels tactile abilities,Smallville kons "close" TK,and new 52's tactile senses.
    Add that to young justices SBs flawed kryptonian powers

Sweet