Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

#10- assault on santa prisca
    #20- the brave and the mold

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh, I forgot the double date issue. I don't really care about the logic in that one, whether Selina being free to date in public or Bruce being able to hit Clark's ball because everything about that issue is just supposed to be fun.

However, since lack of logic IS a weakness, I still go with the Ace issue as the best.

Batman #57 - Gnnn!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This is hard. I'm probably going to go with #32, the answer to the proposal. It's not the best arc, or the best conclusion to an arc, but the way he wrote the second proposal, and Selina's answer, even knowing what's to come, hits me so powerfully. (Though I definitely got the Coipel cover, not the generic Janin main cover.)

The Annual #2 is also amazing, as are the first and last issues of Cold Days - Lee Weeks a just fantastic, and I really hope he gets more work (and Breitweiser's colors on Cold Days and the Annual were really amazing). I've liked the Tyrant Wing pretty much, but it feels unfinished right now. And, of course, there's the first issue of I Am Suicide, which is just jaw dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Annual #2 is the obvious pick, so I’ll mix it up and say that I really liked #48 in the church.
    Too true. I loved #48, as well, as a St. Augustine nerd.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Amazing Member

Good: Batman: Rebirth, #24 (the proposal issue, but only for the Gotham Girl stuff), #20 (Swamp Thing), Ballad of Kiteman, Rules of Engagement, Superfriends (the Superman stuff more than the Wonder Woman stuff), The Origin of Bruce Wayne, The Gift,#41 (the first issue of Everyone Loves Ivy), KGBeast Saga (#54-57), The Wedding (it was ok, props for being actually romantic), The Button (especially the first issue), #9 (the first issue of I am Suicide as @millernumber1 reminded me), Batman: Secret Files short

Great: Cold Days, Tyrant Wing (especially #60, I have a soft spot for Penguin too), Annual #2, DC Nation #0, The Best Man (I don't like the story but I like the way Joker is written)
    Last edited by TheJudge95; 12-09-2018 at 03:07 AM.

I absolutely love the way King writes the Joker, especially in the DC Nation one-shot and The Best Man. He's at his most psychotic, but also his most hilarious, found myself genuinely laughing at so many moments with him (and then feeling a little bad about it)

I also loved the first part of The Button, mainly cause of that incredible fight with Reverse-Flash, and Jason Fabok's art during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I absolutely love the way King writes the Joker, especially in the DC Nation one-shot and The Best Man. He's at his most psychotic, but also his most hilarious, found myself genuinely laughing at so many moments with him (and then feeling a little bad about it)
    Far more sparingly but much more effective than Snyder's use of the Joker.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

I no longer harbor any good will toward King.

I have nothing unique to add, but I'll throw my hat into the ring for Brave and the Mold ("We'll take my car"), Date Night, the Kite Man issue of "War of Jokes and Riddles," and maybe an honorable mention for the DC Nation one-shot with Joker.

BANNED

Best King idea: Bat-Burger with Jokerized Fries.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Best King idea: Bat-Burger with Jokerized Fries.
    That's one of the few moments I'd pick as something I liked.

Astonishing Member

What's the one, "Rooftops", where Batman and Catwoman chase each other around and sex it up on the rooftops under the stars? I guess that was a two-parter but it's probably my favorite King issue of Batman so far.

Part two of Super Friends, where Bruce, Clark, Selina and Lois go on a date to the state fair was pretty great if only for the Lois/Selina interactions.

Trying to think of what else, as I'm instantly discounting any of the ultra-decompressed issues where the relevance doesn't come until three issues later, in which there are cool "moments" sometimes but nothing so good as a perfect single issue.

I really liked the one with Swamp Thing.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com