Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Coolest Superpower for the Real World

I think the coolest super to have in the Real World would be Teleportation!

If you could Teleport anywhere, then you'd never be late for work, or for anything.
    You can travel anywhere.
    If there is heavy traffic or the weather is bad, you can avoid driving.
    If you want to visit someplace far but you don't have the money for airfare, you can just teleport yourself there
    If you lock yourself out of your home, or car, you can just teleport yourself inside
    If you were trying to catch train, but ran late and missed it, you can just teleport into the train.

There are lot of things you could do, if you could just go from point A to point B with just a thought.

What do you think the coolest superpower would be?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Science defeats just about anything.

If real physics applies to teleporting. You phase in and out and the Earth is rotating as you do this. Meaning you need really good probability track skills or you miss the mark.

As for myself, Charles Xavier style telepathy but keep my legs thank you. That would allow you to rule the Freakken world basically. ( And on a good day. Will do my best to make it a good world.)

Yeah that’s why in my Infinityy stone post I went with Time and Mind. Because Inthinknits sweet.

And yeah I would rather screw around with time unless it is a plot device akin to the time stone. Because my favorite is temporal shengians but yeah. Depends on which rules you use there.

In a original work I made up. ( Dropped it because no one likes my stuff. So will never do stories ever again.)

In that project, it is a chant that allows time travel and the limit for going back is the day of your birth ( cannot go that far back beyond. Can go into future though, it don’t give a ****z)

And well in that story it is the multiverse/time line effect.

For meaningful discussion, I suppose we'd have to exclude powers that are really collections or vast libraries of different powers: magic, power cosmic, omnipotence, space-time manipulation, etc. Otherwise, if you can be a cosmic god, why choose anything else?

Don't know where to exactly draw the line, though.

Overall, at the sort of general, non-cosmic level, I think the most useful power would be telekinesis.

You've got offense, defense, and a vast range of utility. It's literally a power you could use for a hundred different daily tasks, supposing you weren't being closely observed.

Another option would be the various forms of regeneration, self-healing and healing-others.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 12-02-2018 at 02:23 PM.

The ability to permanently acquire the abilities stated by every person posting in this thread.

This can either go really well, or really poorly. :P
    Last edited by Sol_M; 12-02-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    For meaningful discussion, I suppose we'd have to exclude powers that are really collections or vast libraries of different powers: magic, power cosmic, omnipotence, space-time manipulation, etc. Otherwise, if you can be a cosmic god, why choose anything else?

Overall, at the sort of general, non-cosmic level, I think the most useful power would be telekinesis.

You've got offense, defense, and a vast range of utility. It's literally a power you could use for a hundred different daily tasks, supposing you weren't being closely observed.

Another option would be the various forms of regeneration, self-healing and healing-others.
    Telekinesis would be my second choice. In Real World terms it does have a lot of practical uses.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post

This goes without saying but the level of telekinesis really matters here.

There's a world of difference between say, Sylar (Heroes) level telekinesis and Shaman Nate Grey level telekinesis. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    This goes without saying but the level of telekinesis really matters here.

There's a world of difference between say, Sylar (Heroes) level telekinesis and Shaman Nate Grey level telekinesis. :P

Oh yeah. Level of power makes a massive difference. Telekinesis at max is useful, you can basically be Super Man with Mind flexing stuff too.

Mighty Member

Shapeshifting is my personal favorite power. Only better ones are ones that also include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Shapeshifting is my personal favorite power. Only better ones are ones that also include it.
    I mean, turning into a wolf on a full moon is technically shapeshifting. XD

Shapeshifting to what extent though?

The second part of your comment, I'm trying to think of an ability that isn't reality warping that also lets you shapeshift into whatever at will.

Umm...sufficiently potent biokinesis could do this to some extent.

Er...being plastic man? Probably not what you were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    I mean, turning into a wolf on a full moon is technically shapeshifting. XD

Shapeshifting to what extent though?

The second part of your comment, I'm trying to think of an ability that isn't reality warping that also lets you shapeshift into whatever at will.

Umm...sufficiently potent biokinesis could do this to some extent.

Er...being plastic man? Probably not what you were going for.
    Biokonesis does rock. And Plastic Man powers down to core would be awesome. Being nigh immortal and basic looney toon style shape shift physics can do many things.

Yeah a majority of powers I happen to love. Just the Time and mental stuff edges out. Hell, trying to think of a power that is not cool. ( Conic Book teleporting is Also a good one Tami.)

I think the ability to mentally time travel along the line of your own consciousness would be awesome. I could travel back in time to any time in my past, be where I was then, the age I was then, but choose to do things differently or change them back if that turned out to be a bad idea.

It's also potentially immortality as long as you never go forward beyond a certain point and rehash your history.
    Power with Girl is better.

I would love the dual combo of TP and TK!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think the ability to mentally time travel along the line of your own consciousness would be awesome.
    You mean remembering things?

I could travel back in time to any time in my past, be where I was then, the age I was then, but choose to do things differently or change them back if that turned out to be a bad idea.

It's also potentially immortality as long as you never go forward beyond a certain point and rehash your history.
    Always remember to save before boss fights.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Infinite money. It's the true shaper of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think the ability to mentally time travel along the line of your own consciousness would be awesome. I could travel back in time to any time in my past, be where I was then, the age I was then, but choose to do things differently or change them back if that turned out to be a bad idea.

: Grant Mason From said story appears.: Well in my story I could go to point of my birth. Then make changes, made alternative time lines. I ended up getting in a time war with a evil version of myself. And to top it off. All the years I spent, I was still aging despite time warps. So, had to invest in other Magics.