Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Would rather have controllable, turn on and off transmutation. Infinite money means a inflation. Would rather screw around by making “valuable.” Stuff in order to sell.
    Infinite money only causes inflation when everybody has it. When it's just you...

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Infinite money only causes inflation when everybody has it. When it's just you...
    Depends on how you use it. Dump a couple of billion dollars into buying skyscrapers or other expensive items, then it could cause problems. Spend it a little at a time, maybe not so much so.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Depends on how you use it. Dump a couple of billion dollars into buying skyscrapers or other expensive items, then it could cause problems. Spend it a little at a time, maybe not so much so.
    well, there's still the problem that it's not legal money created by a government... they tend to keep track of that stuff. they wouldn't care if you're using magic to make perfect reproductions of money or not: it's STILL illegal money. so that power (or transmutation) would be better used to turn things into precious metals like copper, platinum, or things like that which you could then sell to metal dealers and scrap collectors. even there, people would start getting suspicious if you produced too much of this too quickly and might report you for illegal salvage and theft.

honestly, you'd be better off buying bag of napkins or something and transmuting that into food that you like. nobody could track it - and it's such a minor, personal issue, that nobody would care AND you get to save yourself the trouble of spending a lot of money that way.

Telekinesis. I don't think it has any drawbacks at all. Even low level TK(let's just say, I could lift only upto 10 kg) would still be plenty useful.

I would never want to have telepathy by the way.

Agreed with both teleportation (would allow me to have enough time to do my job, go to my boxing/Savate/Jeet Kune Do classes, and have eight hours of sleep per night) and healing factor (would allow me to train harder, no more sickness, and perhaps go with less sleep)

Flash style Speed Force Super Speed. All the time in the world, break physics over my knee. The king of superpowers IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Flash style Speed Force Super Speed. All the time in the world, break physics over my knee. The king of superpowers IMO.
    Except that the Flash isn't exactly invisible all thee time when he runs. There are often side effects. in short, a power like that would get you noticed eventually. In teh Real World, the most practical and useful power is the one that you can do without attracting too much attention.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Except that the Flash isn't exactly invisible all thee time when he runs. There are often side effects. in short, a power like that would get you noticed eventually. In teh Real World, the most practical and useful power is the one that you can do without attracting too much attention.
    With a power like that you gonna mess around and end up in 1000 BC, stomp on a flower in panic and destroy the future attempting to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Not sure, but I'd take omnilingualism most days of the week.
    I'd take this every day of the week, zero hesitation.

Flash definitely can be invisible to normal-speed people whenever he wants. And would it necessarily be a problem to get noticed? Especially if you that powerful, there's nothing in the real world that's going to pose much of a threat to you. You could take over a country or set yourself up as some sort of god.

Telepathy would be hard to resist, despite the many many ways it could ruin my life.

I think I'd go for a movie-Domino style luck power. it's a good way to succeed in most things beyond my wildest dreams without having to worry about getting killed in a car accident the next day.

Really, incredible luck is one of the best things you can have in real life.

That and probability manipulation.

That being said, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Number Man's or better yet, Contessa's power. Next level clairvoyance and precognition, way better than mundane stuff like telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Really, incredible luck is one of the best things you can have in real life.

That and probability manipulation.

That being said, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Number Man's or better yet, Contessa's power. Next level clairvoyance and precognition, way better than mundane stuff like telepathy.

I will not get precog. Dune taught a hard lesson that, precog makes for a slippery trap that cannot escape and will make you feel chained to the future.

As for other, great super remote viewing, but what else is there instead of just spying?

BANNED

Who hasn't thought about this? But anyhoo, I've come to the conclusion that the greatest single power, IMO, would by the power of Aminus (the barely and horribly misused creation by Bendis during his X-Men run). She could create any creature she could imagine, literally. Apparently ranging from small to atleast-building sized, and make hordes of them.

Now, here's the thing. As she can create any creature she imagines, she could imagine herself a living bio-suit, that say enhances all her stats to over class 100, immortality, maybe has psionic protection/enhancements as well, and more! Literally whatever she could come up with at any given moment. All the while marshalling a endless army of creatures at her command.

*Keep in mind this is all ultimately one power, just an insanely versatile one. If I could have, yknow, SS plus Magneto, plus Apocalypse, etc etc, ofcourse I would. I'm just keeping it to one for the sake of the thread.

Mighty Member

I like luck powers for this. They are essentially impossible to spot being used, so you don't end up in a government lab somewhere. They can also be incredibly broken even in a world of superpowers; in a normal world, you are living on easy street for the rest of your days. The only real issue is you might get bored with everything going your way all the time.