Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seaturkey View Post
    Who hasn't thought about this? But anyhoo, I've come to the conclusion that the greatest single power, IMO, would by the power of Aminus (the barely and horribly misused creation by Bendis during his X-Men run). She could create any creature she could imagine, literally. Apparently ranging from small to atleast-building sized, and make hordes of them.

Now, here's the thing. As she can create any creature she imagines, she could imagine herself a living bio-suit, that say enhances all her stats to over class 100, immortality, maybe has psionic protection/enhancements as well, and more! Literally whatever she could come up with at any given moment. All the while marshalling a endless army of creatures at her command.

*Keep in mind this is all ultimately one power, just an insanely versatile one. If I could have, yknow, SS plus Magneto, plus Apocalypse, etc etc, ofcourse I would. I'm just keeping it to one for the sake of the thread.

If you want that amount of extreme, could just have molecular powers that affects living along with inorganic. It’s one of Thanos powers and one reason he is so jacked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I will not get precog. Dune taught a hard lesson that, precog makes for a slippery trap that cannot escape and will make you feel chained to the future.
    Quite the opposite, Worm precogs aren't chained to the future. They can see how the future changes based on their actions.

This is a huge drawback for some precogs like Dinah, who can see millions of possible timelines for any given action, resulting in severe fatigue and headaches from trying to calculate probabilities for courses of action by making sense of it all.

However, for Contessa, there's literally no downside. Her power is literally "I win". It's called the Path to Victory, and let's her know and perform the exact set of steps to achieve a given outcome. Pretty much anything you want to do, this ability will show you how and actually let your body move perfectly to perform the steps to do it.

As for other, great super remote viewing, but what else is there instead of just spying?
    Let's see, this is just some of the stuff he's done from the story:
    1) Become instantly wealthy by having an absolute understanding of finances, risk, trends, statistics, you name it.
    2) Physically trounce anyone in a fight through perfect movements, pressure points, perfect body reading, and other fun stuff.
    3) Superhuman agility to the point of being able to scale sheer walls as fast as people run, or falling ten stories without any damage.
    4) Being able know and perform precise actions to produce predicable outcomes. For example, performing controlled detonation to blow up a specific area in a specific duration.

That's just some of the stuff. It's not just scanning an area, it's literally knowing everything there is to know about something in a numerical sense and being able to move your body as required to get the desired output, kinda like Contessa except he doesn't see the future, he sees the present.

I could post excerpts of the crazy stuff they do if you'd like, but I'd really recommend just reading Worm (not for these two broken abilities, the story's great).

Retired Overlord

For me....Its gotta be Probability Manipulation.

Numbers rule the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    For me....Its gotta be Probability Manipulation.

This I agree with.

And I tried Worm, but like Rwby I just do not give a **** about either.

Mighty Member

And I tried Worm, but like Rwby I just do not give a **** about either.
    This I agree with.

To each their own, though I'm not sure what it has got to do with Rwby. Oo

Man, I looked through the full list of feats for the Number Man and its just ridiculous (disclaimer: this isn't meant to be a Rumbles standard list, only for casual veiwing)

Definitely one of the best powers to have in the real world, aside from Path to Victory. There's very little you couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "and now, I rule numbers!"

And for the viewing pleasure of anyone interested, Contessa is even more ridiculous.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 12-04-2018 at 06:30 PM.

I'd go with having an adaptive regenerative healing factor.

How convenient would it be to be highly resistance or even immune to any type of damage?

It would also lead to eventually developing any amount of physical super powers - super strength, super speed, durability, agility, super intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
    I'd go with having an adaptive regenerative healing factor.

How convenient would it be to be highly resistance or even immune to any type of damage?

It would also lead to eventually developing any amount of physical super powers - super strength, super speed, durability, agility, super intelligence

: Trying our A ridged Alucard voice, guided by Chou logic.:

“ Errr. That is good, to a extent but honest to God working out and strength training requires constant injury, in getting injured and then grow back. Sure it works the first time, muscle tear, regrow, find something else, same process. But, it is limited. Hel if you became immune to say kinetic damage, you could never gain more physical upgrade with said power ever again. And super speed? Anyone can tell you the truest form of super speed that is op has nothing to do with muscle mass. But magic physics * gives DC the stink eye and flips them off.:

So yeah.

That is basically Armstrong’s Power when ya think about it. Raider managed to kill him too.

: Trying our A ridged Alucard voice, guided by Chou logic.:

“ Errr. That is good, to a extent but honest to God working out and strength training requires constant injury, in getting injured and then grow back. Sure it works the first time, muscle tear, regrow, find something else, same process. But, it is limited. Hel if you became immune to say kinetic damage, you could never gain more physical upgrade with said power ever again. And super speed? Anyone can tell you the truest form of super speed that is op has nothing to do with muscle mass. But magic physics * gives DC the stink eye and flips them off.:

So yeah.

That is basically Armstrong’s Power when ya think about it. Raider managed to kill him too.
    Armstrong? nano machines don't adapt to damage. Armstrong doesn't possess this ability.

I'm thinking more in the lines of Doomsday or a Saiyan. I don't think Doomsday is ever completely immune to any damage, only on a certain level.

It makes no sense for him to be completely immune. Even in comic terms.

If Superman were to take a 30 minute dip in the sun, I'm sure he'd kill even H/P Doomsday. only it'll be easier.

Jamie Madrox's self-duplication.

I could get so much done if there was more of me doing it. I could even sleep in and still get up early to go to work at the same time.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Bio-manipulation. Leads to healing, immortality, and not just for myself.

Yeah, eventually I might get spotted. I'll take that risk.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    I mean, turning into a wolf on a full moon is technically shapeshifting. XD

Shapeshifting to what extent though?

The second part of your comment, I'm trying to think of an ability that isn't reality warping that also lets you shapeshift into whatever at will.

Umm...sufficiently potent biokinesis could do this to some extent.

Er...being plastic man? Probably not what you were going for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Really, incredible luck is one of the best things you can have in real life.

That and probability manipulation.

That being said, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Number Man's or better yet, Contessa's power. Next level clairvoyance and precognition, way better than mundane stuff like telepathy.
    Why does shapeshifting start at werewolf and precog start at Contessa? Too much bias in these power threads...

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Bio-manipulation. Leads to healing, immortality, and not just for myself.

Yeah, eventually I might get spotted. I'll take that risk.
    Stranger: Huh.....how come you look like your grandfather.....AND your father?

Sharp: Looks run in the family.

Stranger: Yeah but....your grandfathers wife and your fathers wife look the same too.

Sharp: Runs in her family too.

BANNED

If you want that amount of extreme, could just have molecular powers that affects living along with inorganic. It’s one of Thanos powers and one reason he is so jacked.
    As I stated with the asterisk, I was keeping it to 1 power. Thanos has a ton of powers, aka a powerset, not an individual power. But yea, you could go molecule man for the 1 power that trumps 'em all route, but meh, at that point, it'd be boring being utterly invincible on a multiversal scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Jamie Madrox's self-duplication.

I could get so much done if there was more of me doing it. I could even sleep in and still get up early to go to work at the same time.
    Ahahaha, good point! I have often said of late that I wish I could do both of theses things when the alarm goes off.