Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mostly digital - exclusively so for monthlies. There is no local comic shop where I live, and the closest one was a 90 minute drive away when I first moved here (now there is one 40 minutes in the other direction but I have never been in it). I still get trades for certain series and some Manga. Currently I have no monthlies in protest to the Hitlerclops stupidity, which means I might start getting some in February or so.

Boisterously Confused

Another nice benefit, pull up any of your reads anytime, anywhere (that there's Wi-Fi or cell signal)

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

The space savings are incredible. I have at least a dozen shortboxes just existing in my parent's basement that I'm likely to never read again. I've been whittling them down every time I visit by giving/selling one or two away. I keep the ones of value, sentimental or monetary but I don't want to have any more than one or two boxes ever again. Hell, I could stand to kill my collected editions as well.

As DrNewGod stated I can already make most of them just appear on my tablet anyway.

I think I've just made the switch to digital-only. I decided to get the latest Black Hammer and Descender trades on sale on Comixology, even though I'd started them in print. I ended up getting 3 digital trades and three singles for the cost of one print trade.

I just can't see the sense in getting on a train to Melbourne and spending $200 on 6-8 books, when I could spend that much and get thirty books without even getting out of bed.

Totally made the switch to digital about 7 or so years ago. As has been stated, digital saves a ton of space (and considering the number of comics I've bought in those 7 yrs., I have a ton of space leftover). For me, it was a matter of location. I was living in Hong Kong at that time and didn't know where I could get American comics. Thus, I started using Comixology. Even after I found places to buy American comics and TPB's over there, I stuck to digital. Again, maintain the space and, has already been previously stated, I'm not too sure how valuable a storyline is to warrant getting a hard copy. Me, unless it's super, SUPER special, then I might consider getting a hard copy.

I still peruse Midtown Comics whenever I'm in the city. But that's just me usually doing some time killing and light reading.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

All digital over here

I started collecting comics in 1989 around the time the Keaton Batman movie came out. Over the years my comic collection grew from just Batman books, to pretty much all DC books and quite a few other titles. Around 5 years ago I decided to sell my collection of over 6,000 books due to getting married, having kids, and needing the space that my collection commanded.
    I now deal with digital comics only (with the exception of IDW TMNT books). I love reading the books on my 10" tablet. It allows me to have so many titles at my fingertips all stored on a tiny device.

I don't see myself ever switching to digital. I have spare rooms I can expand into if needed, and I keep my collection organized and the boxes neatly lined up on 3-level shelves along the walls of my comic rooms. All my other cool stuff is in the same section of the house, and the comics are kind of the centerpiece. Sometimes I just thumb through the boxes, appreciating the covers that run from the 1940's to the current week. That's something digital comics can never simulate, along with the smell of older comics that have been cared for.

BANNED

I've tried digital comics but could never go all in. Part of the appeal of comics for me is to actually hold the comic and read it and read it as a physical comic. If I cant do that then I'm kind of not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    I've tried digital comics but could never go all in. Part of the appeal of comics for me is to actually hold the comic and read it and read it as a physical comic. If I cant do that then I'm kind of not interested.
    Even though I've gone predominantly digital, I think there's still something worthwhile about the tactility of comics and printed media in general. It feels good sure, I'll admit that.

Also, there is something about actually reading a physical comic. Looking at screens all day just really messes me up, digital comics included. For instance, in order to get a good view of my comic book panel, I really have to bring it close to my face, which damages the eyes. I didn't have that with physical comics.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I am mostly now because I don't have enough room anymore for the floppies, unfortunately.

I do digital comic every now and then, I still prefer going to the comic book shop and picking up a physical copy. But I don’t buy new comics as much as I use to anymore as the cost was starting to add up. So now I just wait trades. Plus my local comic shop is located in a hipster part of town, so the shop is connected to a popular coffee shop. It’s kinda like the coffee shop seen in the 2010 Kick-Ass movie ( not Kick-Ass 2).

Recently I have gone digital. It saves storage space as I have such a small room. I cant remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a comic. I also went digital woth my normal books thanks to my kindle. I dont have physical books anymore. I am also going digital with my dvds copying them to my laptop and putting them on a portable hard drive.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Recently I have gone digital. It saves storage space as I have such a small room. I cant remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a comic. I also went digital woth my normal books thanks to my kindle. I dont have physical books anymore. I am also going digital with my dvds copying them to my laptop and putting them on a portable hard drive.
    Has to be 15+ years since I brought a floppy. Hardcovers & used tpb from ebay, sure. HC are in storage...somewhere. Tpb are given to relatives & don't care if they come back.

Used to have hard drives packed with comics, but now just entire runs of say Preacher, the Boys stuff like that. Kinda losing my interest as the years tick by.

I'm now all digital the past year or so.