Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LoL, well isn’t this some insulting poop clearly directed at readers. You just want to be you and to hell with all the noise. Well unfortunately you suck. Your boring, pathetic, ugly, and your writers who are pretty clearly now telling fans to go F themselves continue to fail to actually make you interesting. But that’s hardly surprising. All Ric does is bitch about this guy name Dick and how he’s not him. Well then who the hell is he then, and why should we give a ****. There has to be more then an ugly, dirty, hobo taxi diver that was Dick Grayson. Cause that’s just embarrassing. At what point are these writers of his gonna actually try to make Ric into something interesting and possiblly even likable. Instead of just reminding us how he’s not Dick and doesn’t care that he was Dick. They certainly keep relying on that he was Dick, as it remains the sole driving force behind Ric and his character. Yet they want to treat Ric like he’s this different character, tell fans to eat it and how he doesn’t care, very unsubtly reminding us that neither do they (like we don’t already know this). Well then at least have the courtesy, or even professional integrity, to actually put something on the damn table. Cause this use to be Dick Rick has no substance, and 5 issues later he remains a pathetic shell of a character that seems to now exist just to mock Dicks readers. But if I’m being honest, I question whether this creative team even has that ability.

Nice to see how Babs was there for the recovery they want to fast forward and gloss over though. These writers sure are doing a good job making readers sympathize with Ric here. Ugh, I need a drink..
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-03-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Man that recovery would've been more interesting to read about, nice to know it was like a page with really bad art.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Yeah, I don't get why they wasted Moore's art on pages with the dumb cops. Seems like a weird decision. No one cares about any of these characters.

And nice of the writers to again remind the reader that Ric doesn't want to be Dick. Wasn't sure that message sunk in the first three dozen times they did it.

I hope when Dc is serious again about making Dick Grayson reach his true potential, the Rick Grayson persona becomes a real person and Dick manages to beat the crap out of him for a whole issue, if not a whole arc. Imagine I saw the devil but with Dick as the protagonist and Rick as the lunatic.

The fact that when this story is done Dick won’t put on some headgear like Lightray has but just act like he will never get shot in the head ever again. Who writes Dick Grayson after this? It has to be someone new or old that will follow the company line on the Character Of Nightwing, what pitch is gonna be given with how blatant his life is controlled by a Batman who mostly stands alone, until DC is not run by people who think any form of adult stability by Dick Grayson Ages a Batman who has already died one before and probably will again. No main Batman Writer is interested in him as a fill in Batman any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, well isn’t this some insulting poop clearly directed at readers. You just want to be you and to hell with all the noise. Well unfortunately you suck. Your boring, pathetic, ugly, and your writers who are pretty clearly now telling fans to go F themselves continue to fail to actually make you interesting. But that’s hardly surprising. All Ric does is bitch about this guy name Dick and how he’s not him. Well then who the hell is he then, and why should we give a ****. There has to be more then a ugly, dirty, hobo taxi diver that was Dick Grayson. Cause that’s just embarrassing. At what point are these writers of his gonna actually try to make Ric into something interesting and possiblly even likable. Instead of just reminding us how he’s not Dick and doesn’t care that he was Dick. They certainly keep relying on that he was Dick, as it remains the sole driving force behind Ric and his character. Yet they want to treat Ric like he’s this different character, tell fans to eat it and how he doesn’t care, very unsubtlely reminding us that neither do they (like we don’t already know this). Well then at least have the courtesy, or even professional integrity, to actually put something on the damn table. Cause this use to be Dick Rick has no substance, and 5 issues later he remains a pathetic shell of a character that seems to now exist just to mock Dicks readers. But if I’m being honest, I question whether this creative team even has that ability.

Nice to see how Babs was there for the recovery they want to fast forward and gloss over though. These writers sure are doing a good job making readers sympathize with Ric here. Ugh, I need a drink..
    Well, he's second to Batman as my Fav's of all time. HOWEVER, DC's writers have had NO VISION for Richard John Grayson in a LOOOOONG time.

IT IS TIME FOR THE HIGHER UPS to make him an A-Lister, take him off the bench, and let him start! Quite literally, let Nightwing spread his wings and fly... It COULD be great reading, but... IDK

BANNED

The company needs new writers (preferably young) . The same old guys just have the same old ideas.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    Well, he's second to Batman as my Fav's of all time. HOWEVER, DC's writers have had NO VISION for Richard John Grayson in a LOOOOONG time.

IT IS TIME FOR THE HIGHER UPS to make him an A-Lister, take him off the bench, and let him start! Quite literally, let Nightwing spread his wings and fly... It COULD be great reading, but... IDK
    It is time for the higher ups to be replaced. People who are old and with power long enough is almost impossible to change. We need new blood.

Amazing Member

To be honest, I was okay with this concept to start with, but 5 issues in, just give me back Dick Grayson. Who is this Ric guy? I can't even watch TITANS to help me get over it because I live in the UK. I don't know what those pages that Travis Mercer was drawing relate to, but please let it be a Nightwing relaunch, because his current comic is just a mess.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This guy is young, cute and doubtful, meaning he's dead

Screen-Shot-2018-11-30-at-5.28.25-PM.jpg

Extraordinary Member

oh Bea you beautiful waste of time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This guy is young, cute and doubtful, meaning he's dead

Screen-Shot-2018-11-30-at-5.28.25-PM.jpg
    “My name is Meat. Dead Meat.”

Ugh, this is like watching someone take a slow and painful turd. Its just slow nonsense that doesn’t even seem to understand what its trying accomplish or what it’s point is. You have Ric going on about how Dick sucks, good way to make him sympathetic by the way, while a bunch of lame nobodies play dress up. Why? Who knows. Who is this even suppose to be directed at? People who hate Dick, and didn’t think there were enough characters trying to copy him.
    This whole thing is just turning out dumber and dumber. Lobdell and Fabian aren’t saying anything interesting about the character, or what happened to him. Instead they’re basically mocking the character and his readers, while telling a simple and lame filler story with simple and lame characters.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-05-2018 at 12:43 PM.

With Tom Kings Plan lasting for almost another 2 years, Ric being drawn out for to Potentially March if not more, and the likelihood that if and when he returns as Nightwing he will most likely be wearing the same costume with no adjustments made due to getting shot in the head I think I’ll just be picking up other titles and get Dick Grayson through Titans/Young Justice. DC has no reason to change their stance on Nightwing since his sells will stay consistent.