Spectacular Member

Default Why is there is no complete collection of Morrisons Action Comics?

I love the feeling of big complete collections, that are meaty and you get the whole run in one book. With 16 issues i think Grant's Action Comics run from the New 52 would be perfect for this. And with his name alone it would be a sure seller.

But for unknown reasons there is no complete collection. Just the three trades. Why do you think there is no collection? I would surely buy one.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serd View Post
    I love the feeling of big complete collections, that are meaty and you get the whole run in one book. With 16 issues i think Grant's Action Comics run from the New 52 would be perfect for this. And with his name alone it would be a sure seller.

But for unknown reasons there is no complete collection. Just the three trades. Why do you think there is no collection? I would surely buy one.
    Just a small correction, Grant Morrison's Action run is 18 issues. that said, maybe DC sees no reason to make an Omnibus for the run.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They might put one out eventually.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Serd View Post

Does Scott Snyder have an omnibus of his run yet? Maybe they think they can make more money selling trades. I’d love to see a complete collection of Morrison’s Action run.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Just a small correction, Grant Morrison's Action run is 18 issues. that said, maybe DC sees no reason to make an Omnibus for the run.
    Actually, isn't it 19? There was a zero issue in there too, so isn't it issues 0-18?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Does Scott Snyder have an omnibus of his run yet?
    No, they only have box sets for now. 3 trades in one box each.

Tomasi and Gleason's Batman and Robin run is getting an omnibus though.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I feel like there was a epic collection of Grant's run up for preorder on Amazon at one point like a year ago, but I guess DC decided against doing it since I haven't heard anything.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Since DC is putting out new "Essential Edition" trades for some New 52 books, I wouldn't be too surprised if Morrison's Action gets a trade collecting its entirety down the line. Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow run was close to Morrison's Action in length and it's getting the full trade treatment soon.

Looking it up, it seems DC has actually solicited Morrison's Action for an Essential Edition titled "World Against Superman" for April 2019. However it only collects #1-10 instead of the entire run.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Since DC is putting out new "Essential Edition" trades for some New 52 books, I wouldn't be too surprised if Morrison's Action gets a trade collecting its entirety down the line. Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow run was close to Morrison's Action in length and it's getting the full trade treatment soon.

Looking it up, it seems DC has actually solicited Morrison's Action for an Essential Edition titled "World Against Superman" for April 2019. However it only collects #1-10 instead of the entire run.
    That's really pointless, DC should just collect it all.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ah, I was thinking of that trade but just couldn't remember the title. So it will... get people to collect in 2 editions instead of the low priced 3 out there? Okay.

Tomasi Gleason omnibus is out.

Lemire GA has a deluxe edition, Manapul Flash also has an Omnibus.

Not sure why, Morrison’s run doesn’t have a big HC, it’s awesome, reading it all at once, so much better.