Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
To me, his Peter Parker/Spider-Man was pretty good and certainly not bad. What do you feel he had to say about Peter Parker, what was his arc for Spider-Man's development?
That's a great question! I don't know that Stern had any kind of radical character progression in mind, he just had a really great feel for Peter Parker and his world. He 'got' the characters and what makes them tick.

My favorite Roger Stern Spider-Man story is a done in one, ASM #246 ("The Daydreamers"). Felicia, MJ, Jonah and Peter all get a poignant character moment, courtesy of a peek inside their daydreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Christ on a bike. What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Why does every thread have to go like this?
Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
The idea that a character's happiness is a sign a writer likes him is also a bit fishy.

I like what Bendis had to say about what he put Daredevil through.
Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
Go check out some fanfic. Sadly, it is what more than a few fans want. Entire runs that are the X-Men playing baseball.
While Scott does prefer the marriage (as do I), I think you took the second part of his statement way too seriously. He was clearly just having some fun with that line!