Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought he was okay with Spidey. It was Peter Parker whom he found intolerable.
    you might be right, my memory is hazy
    troo fan or death

Dan Slott?
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Dan Slott?
    What??? News to me haha

Fantastic Member

I think I've heard Grant Morrison doesn't care for Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Mark Waid doesn't seem to care about Spidey all that much.
    He definitely didn't write that good of a Spider-Man and he even admitted some of the issues with his run at some point.

I don't know if he didn't like the character or just never really gelled with him but I don't think Waid ever really shined on Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I think I've heard Grant Morrison doesn't care for Spidey.
    I think I read an interview once of Morrison's idea for a Spider-Man story.

It was really trippy .

Any writer who doesn't like the marriage to MJ. Why wouldn't you want Spidey to be happy?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Any writer who doesn't like the marriage to MJ. Why wouldn't you want Spidey to be happy?
    You included Roger Stern and David Michelinie in this comment.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

They can want him to be happy, but think Mary Jane is the wrong person for him to have married. Those people are wrong, but they have every right to be wrong in a free society. I'd say Mark Waid could've worked well with Peter Parker if he'd been allowed to write a more mature and fully developed version of his character, in the style of how he handled Wally West/Flash over at DC, that hadn't been forcibly regressed to effectively permanent adolescence just so certain people in charge could set things back to the way they used to be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It is every writer's job to, regardless of their feelings on the character, kick the protagonists in the shins, set their houses on fire, give away their pets, shred their video games, put rats in their salad, slap tickets onto their cars, smash their internet routers, put nails in their booties, and blast music while they're trying to watch The Good Place.

Even if you didn't like his run, I'd hardly say Slott hated Spider-Man. He definitely did enjoy writing the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Dan Slott?
    Said this earlier, but I didn't reply to your quote, so here it is:

I get that people don't like Slott's run on Spider-Man. But I'd hardly say he hated Spider-Man as he did enjoy writing the character.

The Arachnid-Mortal is Slott's favorite character. Together, he and Spencer will ascend to a higher plane of existence known as ASM royalties that will let them rest in web hammocks for the rest of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    You included Roger Stern and David Michelinie in this comment.
    I liked Stern's Hobgoblin way better than his Spider-Man. The reason to read Stern is essentially for the Hobgoblin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It is every writer's job to, regardless of their feelings on the character, kick the protagonists in the shins, set their houses on fire, give away their pets, shred their video games, put rats in their salad, slap tickets onto their cars, smash their internet routers, put nails in their booties, and blast music while they're trying to watch The Good Place.
    Sounds exactly like marriage to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Um, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure that "Unscheduled Stop" (ASM #578-579) was highly praised, and "Platonic" (ASM #583) was also well regarded. At least, that's what I remember.
    Unscheduled Stop was one of the best Spider-Man stories in years.Just a great story all around.Be it story wise or art wise.And Mark Waid was one of the web heads (The team of writers during BND in Amazing Spider-Man)
    So beats me where this opinion that Mark Waid does not care for Spider-Man comes from!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They can want him to be happy, but think Mary Jane is the wrong person for him to have married. Those people are wrong, but they have every right to be wrong in a free society. I'd say Mark Waid could've worked well with Peter Parker if he'd been allowed to write a more mature and fully developed version of his character, in the style of how he handled Wally West/Flash over at DC, that hadn't been forcibly regressed to effectively permanent adolescence just so certain people in charge could set things back to the way they used to be.
    So anybody that prefers Peter Parker with Felicia,Betty Brant,Gwen or any other of the several romantic interest that Peter Parker had is wrong,because there is only one "right" answer to this.
    Yeah,that just does not make sense.People can prefer any romantic interest that had been developed in the stories without being "wrong".

I liked Stern's Hobgoblin way better than his Spider-Man. The reason to read Stern is essentially for the Hobgoblin story.
    Itīs not like there have been a consensus that Roger Stern have always been one of the best writers of Spider-Man (Personally speaking is my second best Spider-Man writer) and itīs not like he did not wrote some of what are still called the best Spider-Man stories ever as the Kid who collects Spider-Man or Nothing can stop the Juggernaut.Noope.The reason to read Roger Stern is essentially for the Hobgoblin story.