Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

While the Resurgence folks were tough, they had the weakness of being vulnerable to taking out the leadership. The giant mommy would be child's play for the MCU if she started running around on the planet as in the movie. Also, I vaguely remember someone saying they were taking down the shields. Yeah, they could take out the planet from space but that's not usually done in the invasions postulated.

Of course, the normal MU has no problem with these folks but it's the MCU. Interesting to see how the Phoenix plays out. If Jean is up to the best comic levels, then all the invaders are toast.

BTW, if you teleport into a big ship, you can probably destroy it by messing with it's power plant or munitions stores. If you look at WWII hits on batteships, several are taking out by such one or few hit strikes. Folks wondered why the rather small nuke in ID4 destroyed the whole ship. My view was that it ignited one of those two energy sources. The Prince of Wales and the Hood - a good hit took them both down.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Of course, the normal MU has no problem with these folks but it's the MCU. Interesting to see how the Phoenix plays out. If Jean is up to the best comic levels, then all the invaders are toast.
    Jean Grey isn't in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    While the Resurgence folks were tough, they had the weakness of being vulnerable to taking out the leadership. The giant mommy would be child's play for the MCU if she started running around on the planet as in the movie. Also, I vaguely remember someone saying they were taking down the shields. Yeah, they could take out the planet from space but that's not usually done in the invasions postulated.

BTW, if you teleport into a big ship, you can probably destroy it by messing with it's power plant or munitions stores. If you look at WWII hits on batteships, several are taking out by such one or few hit strikes. Folks wondered why the rather small nuke in ID4 destroyed the whole ship. My view was that it ignited one of those two energy sources. The Prince of Wales and the Hood - a good hit took them both down.
    The Queen had personal forcefields that flat out tank a nuke on screen iirc. She won't be THAT easy to stomp.

I suppose Stormbreaker has that output, but not much else.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The Queen had personal forcefields that flat out tank a nuke on screen iirc. She won't be THAT easy to stomp.

I suppose Stormbreaker has that output, but not much else.
    I wouldn't bet on Stormbreaker having anywhere near the output of a nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I wouldn't bet on Stormbreaker having anywhere near the output of a nuke.
    Eh. Wrecking it's way through a full IG blast suggests it would penetrate the shields ok to me. He was also one shotting the bigger spaceships Thanos' invasion had landed with.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Eh. Wrecking it's way through a full IG blast suggests it would penetrate the shields ok to me. He was also one shotting the bigger spaceships Thanos' invasion had landed with.
    We don't know what that IG blast can do, or if its even comparable to a nuke. According to WoG Thanos was totally caught offguard by Thor so we dont know what a reflexive blast can even do. As for those ships, theres no reason to believe they could tank a nuke either.

Surprise Attack -Aliens win
    MCU gets warning say of 2 days or week- MCU wins

I can see Stark,Shuri and T'challa putting a force field over the world or building some sort of killer spaceship that can takeout fleets of aliens. They have Infinity stones(strange and vision),Kree tech(Agents of Shield),Iron Man tech,Black Panther Tech, Guardians of Galaxy ship, Vision and Ultron Tech. They more than tools to beat aliens give time to pool together resources. A good surprise destroy to much before they have chance for a counter attack

Astonishing Member

If we don't assume the Resurgence aliens fight stupid, then the MCU is in serious trouble. If they fight stupid (not really a Rumbles necessity) as in the movie, they lose.

I still think indirect approaches to them, as getting on the main ship is the way to go. However, blowing it up on Earth is not a plan. Why they left because Mommy had problems - why? Don't they have a Vice-Mommy or a staff on the mother ship?

Have we decided that most of the other invasions are not that much trouble?

Most surprise attacks win. Even in the MU, an FTL planet busting asteroid attack or a full fleet bombardment takes out Earth.

The other invasions are gonna cause massive problems. The quiet place aliens are strong as hell and insanely durable. They're peppered all over the planet and brought civilization down pretty quickly. There's not enough Avengers to go around, and one of them would kill someone like Captain America. The War of the Worlds Aliens are gonna be wrecking shit until they catch a cold, but those first days are gonna be mayhem.

The others just add to the pile on. The Resurgence aliens are overkill.