Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So there’s a kind of a big reveal in today’s issue that I wasn’t expecting. I’m interested to see where it leads.
    Oh? What that would be?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Oh? What that would be?
    spoilers:
    Solitary’s in Charge of the underlife & it’s heavily implied Jason and the new wingman are working together
    end of spoilers

Maybe I completely forgot but I’m pretty sure those are new

Well, that is certainly unexpected.

Huh. Neat. Didn't expect that return.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I might come back and express more thoughts later, but for now, I gotta say I liked this issue, feels like there's a bit more direction now.

spoilers:
    Lots of action again, but it really is well rendered from Woods as well as creative, and this time imo more concisely merges with the actual story and it's narrative progression, it feels like there's a good 50/50 balance between the story and action here now. Lobdell's also starting to tie a lot of previous elements together in this issue as well, hearkening back to the Wingman subplot, Solitary, The female Agent Jay saved, the bar he trashed before Bruce showed up etc. Plus there's even some closure on Jason and Kates relationship and where they stand with each other, whether people are happy with the development or not, (I am) I'm also just super glad it's finally been addressed.

The 'Pie Lady' subplot feels a tad rushed here but I can't say I honestly mind too much since it's clearly just a stepping stone to get to Solitary, and speaking of his reveal as the Underlife Leader, I still have no clue what on Earth his motives are or what he desires, I'm kinda dying to find out, Lobdell has really played the long game with Jason and Willis reunion.

Also, I gotta say, that ending with the Kate, Renee and Jay gave me such Bombshell vibes, couldn't help but smile.

Also also, Jason was like one step away from calling Roy a 'cinnamon roll' XD
    '...Roy has always been too good for this world. He deserved better.' Damn the feels.
    end of spoilers

I'll possibly write more later too. Just read the issue, and first impression is that I'm pretty happy with it. Nice balance between action and story. I didn't appreciate it that much reading the preview because of my worries, but the action is beautiful throughout the issue and I'll have to go back and look at it a few more times. Story is picking up pace and I like the mystery enough to feel myself wholly excited for next issue again. I'm happy with Kate's role too. It sets up a starting point for their relationship in a believable way because previous stories were not ignored. From here on, I think I can get behind the idea to develop their dynamic into something like in Bombshells, if it ever comes to that. This feels earned.

And Jason is in a pitchfork mood today.

Edit: Haha I just realized I ended up saying the same thing you did, @RedBird.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 12-05-2018 at 07:47 AM.

I really liked this issue. I'm glad to see a positive interaction between Jason and Kate in the main universe. The action was cool, though I agree that the revelation of the mastermind was underwhelming. I wasn't expecting the town subplot to be so short.

As for Wingman, who could he be? At first, I thought he was Willis, but that doesn't make sense since Solitary is the Underlife big boss. Is there any chance it could be Bruce in disguise? That would be cool.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    I really liked this issue. I'm glad to see a positive interaction between Jason and Kate in the main universe. The action was cool, though I agree that the revelation of the mastermind was underwhelming. I wasn't expecting the town subplot to be so short.

As for Wingman, who could he be? At first, I thought he was Willis, but that doesn't make sense since Solitary is the Underlife big boss. Is there any chance it could be Bruce in disguise? That would be cool.
    From what we’ve seen of Wingman, he’s way to nice to be Buce.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Wonder if we'll ever see Artemis and Bizzaro again.
    If they don't, my interest forward this book risks to easily fade away.

Good issue but is obvious Lobdell is rushing things up. Woods art is still very hit or miss and I'm starting to doubt he was the right choice for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I might come back and express more thoughts later, but for now, I gotta say I liked this issue, feels like there's a bit more direction now.

spoilers:
    Lots of action again, but it really is well rendered from Woods as well as creative, and this time imo more concisely merges with the actual story and it's narrative progression, it feels like there's a good 50/50 balance between the story and action here now. Lobdell's also starting to tie a lot of previous elements together in this issue as well, hearkening back to the Wingman subplot, Solitary, The female Agent Jay saved, the bar he trashed before Bruce showed up etc. Plus there's even some closure on Jason and Kates relationship and where they stand with each other, whether people are happy with the development or not, (I am) I'm also just super glad it's finally been addressed.

The 'Pie Lady' subplot feels a tad rushed here but I can't say I honestly mind too much since it's clearly just a stepping stone to get to Solitary, and speaking of his reveal as the Underlife Leader, I still have no clue what on Earth his motives are or what he desires, I'm kinda dying to find out, Lobdell has really played the long game with Jason and Willis reunion.

Also, I gotta say, that ending with the Kate, Renee and Jay gave me such Bombshell vibes, couldn't help but smile.

Also also, Jason was like one step away from calling Roy a 'cinnamon roll' XD
    '...Roy has always been too good for this world. He deserved better.' Damn the feels.
    end of spoilers
    You summed up all that I was about to say, so I'll just subscribe to your comments. It was a really nice issue that tied a lot of lost links from previous issues. The Pie lady was a bit cheap, but I get that the mood of the book is generally on the cheap, pulpy, B movie side of things. It's been since day one, so all is fair (even that explosion page, because "Cool Guys Don't Look At Explosions"). And B or not, still serious enough to be able to hold the right amount of credible drama. I mean: it's not a perfect issue, but it's a pretty good one.

I may have some problem with how Jason sees himself shooting the Penguin and how he sees Kate. But alas! He has never see himself completely clean and with a cold, neutral head.

Also, nice to see that "Solitary" probably comes from what I suspected: "Solitary confinement!" is next issue tittle, so I guess that's the origin of Willis nickname.

Edit: didn't you guys feel in this issue like Jason is still a sweet kid who cannot stand all the bad things and guys roaming the world deep down? Because I got that from him. A hurt kid who couldn't bear an unfair world.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-05-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Good book continues to be good.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I totally agree with you here. This issue is really awesome with perfect balance between action (art) and story, including Jason & Kate interaction. I'm OK with the Pie Lady part. In my opinion the only tiny thing that appears to be 'too convenient to grep in a fight' is the motorcycle...

Willis has been doing his old 'business' but in a much more advanced level/scale, perhaps long before Jason came back to life?
    A. He let Grunday out to attack the Outlaws when Bizarro was about to die;
    B. He tried to keep the Outlaws together, watching them everywhere;
    C. He attacked Bizarro in person (for him being trying to maintain his intelligence or hide the letters?);
    D. He visited his mom in another universe...

Not sure how to describe where he stands now.
    Last edited by magpieM; 12-06-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I totally agree with you here. This issue is really awesome with perfect balance between action (art) and story, including Jason & Kate interaction. I'm OK with the Pie Lady part. In my opinion the only tiny thing that appears to be 'too convenient to grep in a fight' is the motorcycle...

Willis has been doing his old 'business' but in a much more advanced level/scale, perhaps long before Jason came back to life?
    A. He let Grunday out to attack the Outlaws when Bizarro was about to die;
    B. He tried to keep the Outlaws together, watching them everywhere;
    C. He attacked Bizarro in person (for him being trying to maintain his intelligence or hide the letters?);
    D. He visited his mom in another universe...

Not sure how to describe where he stands now.
    Going by this, it seems Willis may be trying to make up for all the years he neglected his family by helping Jason be happy with the Outlaws (though smart Biz was derailing that) and getting back in touch with his mother.

Though it seems he had a brother or sister, considering Faye Gunn the Second. That'll be quite the shocker if and when Jason ever finds out.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I read the issue on Wednesday and was a little lazy (and too stressed) to write something.

Altogether I liked the issue more than the last one. I was a little wary about the art because the preview made Red Hood look more like Magenta Hood but in print the colours aren't that intense and Jason's and Kate's colours don't clash.

I was positively surprised that the FBI agent (and the woman from the diner) had an reappearance. I'm starting to like Melissa. Never underestimate a woman with a cane. And I like that Red Hood has the general reputation of a dangerous criminal but if someone meets him in person they are actually surprised that he isn't as bad as people say.

Wingman is still a mystery. Last issue I was under the impression that Wingman worked for the Underlife because he visited the sheriff in the hospital and asked for the information that the sheriff had given to the Red Hood. That's also why I don't think that Wingman and Jason are working together. Otherwise Jason could have given that information directly to Wingman.

The pie lady reveal was a little cheap (and she was way to talkative and gave information rather quickly, which sounds like a trap) but after reading the issue a few times I don't really care. (Although I needed four reads to realize that she was the blond woman on the cover of issue 28). And I'm glad that there are finally some high-tech androids showing up. Because if you read "Silencer", the Underlife has some characteristics: the Underlife is big, operates in secret, is tied to Leviathan/Talia Al Ghul - and has a lot of androids/cyborgs. These Solomon Grundy clones don't hold a candle to what you see there. So I'm extra glad that it was mentioned that these "Mondays" are still prototypes.

Jason walking away from the explosion was nice. This week was a little memey with the slap scene in Adventures of the Super Sons, the Superboy variant of Young Justice #1 and that panel from RH:O. Such coincidences are fun.

I liked the interaction between Jason and Kate, and that Renee had an appearance too. I wonder if Kate and Renee will be in the next issue too because, as it seems, Jason didn't tell Batwoman about Solitary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Edit: didn't you guys feel in this issue like Jason is still a sweet kid who cannot stand all the bad things and guys roaming the world deep down? Because I got that from him. A hurt kid who couldn't bear an unfair world.
    That scene with Batwoman reminded me of the talk with Alfred in issue 21. And I'm not sure where Lobdell is heading towards with that subplot of Jason questioning himself.