Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Sorry Rob London but I really don't like Alpha, no nothing about Nocture, and while Prowler would be a good addition its a numbers thing Prowler too me wouldn't be a guy on a team.
    To expand a little:

Wraith - she's in charge, which nobody likes - but also nobody else wants to be in charge.
    Prowler - he's the guy on the team who doesn't want to be on the team (although he was on Silver Sable's Outlaws), but he also feels like he's the only person on the team who knows what they're doing. He especially doesn't like the Wraith.
    Alpha - he's the most powerful member of the team, but also he's not very good at being a superhero, or being a person, and nobody likes him.
    Nocturne - nobody knows what her deal is, but she's mysterious and spooky and always right, so they usually listen to her.
    Jackpot - considers herself the only normal person on the team, and is probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    To expand a little:

Wraith - she's in charge, which nobody likes - but also nobody else wants to be in charge.
    Prowler - he's the guy on the team who doesn't want to be on the team (although he was on Silver Sable's Outlaws), but he also feels like he's the only person on the team who knows what they're doing. He especially doesn't like the Wraith.
    Alpha - he's the most powerful member of the team, but also he's not very good at being a superhero, or being a person, and nobody likes him.
    Nocturne - nobody knows what her deal is, but she's mysterious and spooky and always right, so they usually listen to her.
    Jackpot - considers herself the only normal person on the team, and is probably right.
    Ok in that case it might be fun for a mini - might have to think and explain mine if I haven't already
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Scarlet Spider- Ben.
    Spiderwoman- Julia....All Spidery abilities that she ever had plus some telepathy and pre cog as parting gift for Madame web Slog
    Goblin Green- Phil
    Prodigy- David
    Riccochet
    Dusk
    Hornet
    Jackpot- Alana
    Black Cat
    Lizard

Perhaps Ock has usurped Spiderman 2099's body this time and is has assembeled a Sinister Twelve that's he's running.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 12-06-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    To expand a little:

When you say Nocturne, Do you mean NIghtcrawler's daughter from Exiles. I hope so. She is so cool.

For me, the Slingers should be something very specific: a team of realistic young adults who walk the line between legitimate heroes and super-powered slackers.

They should be flawed. They should mess up.

This was Joe Harris's original take -- that young adults who gained super powers wouldn't automatically become awesome heroes, and to me, this general concept for the Slingers is a perfect fit in a comic line defined by the themes of "power and responsibility."

There are other awesome characters in the Spiderverse that definitely deserve screen time, yet don't strike me as Slingers.

For example, I'd love a team that consisted of...

Black Cat
    Prowler
    Rocket Racer
    Cardiac

But if I'm reading a Slingers comic, I want to see Johnny and Ritchie about to throw down; I want to see Ben Reilly and Phil Urich as mirrors to Peter Parker's morality.

Oh, and if Kaine's there, I want Hummingbird there as well.

-Pav, who is kinda surprised there's been so few attempts at a Spider-team title...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    When you say Nocturne, Do you mean NIghtcrawler's daughter from Exiles. I hope so. She is so cool.
    I believe he's referring to this character.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Angela_Cairn_(Earth-616)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I believe he's referring to this character.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Angela_Cairn_(Earth-616)
    Indeed I am. Nothing against Nightcrawler's lovely daughter, but she's not really connected to Spider-Man, and I've always had a soft spot for the 1993 new-character Annual guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    I want Peter and Rogue's child from that universe in which Rogue has Nightcrawler's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I want Peter and Rogue's child from that universe in which Rogue has Nightcrawler's powers.
    That would be interesting, but assuming X-Men Forever diverged from canon right after Chris Claremont stepped off the X-Men books, Peter should still be married to Mary Jane. That said, I would not mind a Spider-Rogue pairing (or a daughter resulting from said pairing), and even the 90s animated series team-up teased them a bit, with Rogue flirting with Spider-Man once in each part.

SLINGERS

SCARLET SPIDER
    The Tough Guy!

SPIDERCIDE
    The Big Guy!

MADAME WEB
    Not a Guy!

SPIDER-BOY
    The Young Guy!

Maybe we need some kind of Hornet War! to set up a new Slingers book. Currently, Eddie is still dead; but we do have the following still active: the villain Cyber; Hobie Brown, who was the Prowler; and Melinda McDonough, the niece of Eddie.

Maybe the original Slingers chase Cyber to NYC, where Melinda is confronting Hobie about his (non-)relationship with Eddie, hopefully pulling Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spiders into the mix as well.

De-age Melinda a little and have her function as a sidekick to Hobie; on a team with Kaine and Hummingbird, the girls could be fun characters together.

-Pav, whose headcanon is that Eddie is fighting spiderdemons in the afterlife as the White Hot Hornet...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Maybe we need some kind of Hornet War! to set up a new Slingers book. Currently, Eddie is still dead; but we do have the following still active: the villain Cyber; Hobie Brown, who was the Prowler; and Melinda McDonough, the niece of Eddie.

Maybe the original Slingers chase Cyber to NYC, where Melinda is confronting Hobie about his (non-)relationship with Eddie, hopefully pulling Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spiders into the mix as well.

De-age Melinda a little and have her function as a sidekick to Hobie; on a team with Kaine and Hummingbird, the girls could be fun characters together.

-Pav, whose headcanon is that Eddie is fighting spiderdemons in the afterlife as the White Hot Hornet...
    That would be fun.

Was it Kaine, or Ben Reilly who was in the new warriors? Because I'd vote for hummingbird to show up. But, someone already suggested that.
    Last edited by protege; 07-20-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Hornet (Hobie Brown), leader
    Miles
    Silk
    Spider-Girl
    Cloak (no Dagger)
    Dusk (Cassie; Cloak tutors her on her darkforce powers)

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Was it Kaine, or Ben Reilly who was in the new warriors? Because I'd vote for archly to show up.
    Both!

Ben was a New Warrior back during the Clone Saga, after Firestar invited him to join the team.

Kaine and Hummingbird became New Warriors after Kaine's Scarlet Spider series ended; Yost wrote both books and NW was supposed to continue SS plotlines but didn't last long. It was pretty bland, in my opinion.

-Pav, who loved the NW issues with Ben...

--------------------