Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Dream Pick roster- The New Slingers

Imagine Maybe Pete has been Killed or in need of a very difficult rescue. Lets pick some Parker faithful and/ or Spider Affiliated folk to do something about it or what ever scenario you'd like to dream up

Scarlet Spider- Ben
    Prowler
    Spider Woman- Gwen
    Lizard
    Hornet
    Prodigy- ( Gen X version sporting the armor)
    Human Torch- Johny Storm
    Scarlet Spider- Kaine
    Dusk
    The Goblin- Phil( Can't decide on the adjective just now)
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 12-04-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Oh jeez -- how much time do you have?

For real: as a kid, I'd spend so much time thinking of stories about the Slingers. Sitting in church: Slingers. Falling asleep in bed: Slingers.

For me, the Slingers should always include the original four - Ricochet, Dusk, Hornet, and Prodigy.

I've long felt that Ben, as the Scarlet Spider, should lead the team -- and PAD's run did nothing to lessen that desire -- and after him, Phil Urich and SHOC always felt like obvious additions.

Kaine, at this point in the character's progress, should be there as well.

A relationship with Prowler would be cool, and I'd love to see Mattie Franklin find a true home as a Slingers member.

Spidey's met a few obscure young-adult characters who could appear as well: remember Akasha? or Robin Vega? maybe even Mania?

I think a Slingers book done right could really establish itself as a worthwhile long-term addition to the Spidey publishing group.

-Pav, who probably has ideas enough to last 100 issues...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I like both of your ideas, but I'd probably limit it to characters who debuted in or as part of Spider-Man's world. Besides the original Slingers and the other suggestions listed already by Pav and Photon Torme, I'd throw into the pot Julia Carpenter as an Oracle-style figure guiding the Slingers through an advanced computer networking system that could function as a digital version of the Web of Life and Destiny, along with Anya Corazon (calling herself Arana again), Cindy "Silk" Moon, Flash Thompson, Cardiac, and (maybe) Harry Osborn determined to mend fences with Peter/Spider-Man by providing covert financial support for the Slingers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Prowler (Brown)
    Wraith (Watanabe)
    Alpha (Maguire)
    Jackpot (Ehret)
    Nocturne (Cairn)

Arana (Anya Corazon)
    Agent Venom (Flash Thompson)
    Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)
    Puma (Thomas Fireheart)
    Will-O'-the-Wisp

If its spider-related I think I would keep it down a wee bit

Scarlet Spider (Ben) - Leader
    Puma - Finance Support
    Ricochet,
    Dusk,
    Hornet,
    Prodigy
    Jackpot
    Wraith

Sorry Rob London but I really don't like Alpha, no nothing about Nocture, and while Prowler would be a good addition its a numbers thing Prowler too me wouldn't be a guy on a team. K7P5V - I would prefer Arana goes to the champions, Miguel to stay in 2099, Agent Venom could work but I think Flash is more a government guy and that means he wouldn't suit the team I have in mind and will-o-the-wisp flip flops too much for me.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like both of your ideas, but I'd probably limit it to characters who debuted in or as part of Spider-Man's world. Besides the original Slingers and the other suggestions listed already by Pav and Photon Torme, I'd throw into the pot Julia Carpenter as an Oracle-style figure guiding the Slingers through an advanced computer networking system that could function as a digital version of the Web of Life and Destiny, along with Anya Corazon (calling herself Arana again), Cindy "Silk" Moon, Flash Thompson, Cardiac, and (maybe) Harry Osborn determined to mend fences with Peter/Spider-Man by providing covert financial support for the Slingers.
    Ooh, Cardiac. Cool.

Astonishing Member

Or Something like....

Black Cat
    Cardiac
    Prodigy
    Riccochet
    Hornet
    Dusk
    Scarlet Spider- Ben
    Lizard- Have always wanted Doc Connors to get a turn at Superheroing.
    Spiderwoman- Jessica. Usually Julia is my Spiderwoman of choice but I think the pesonality dynamics with Jessica would be zestier in this case.

1. Silk
    2. Some dorks not named Silk

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    If its spider-related I think I would keep it down a wee bit

Scarlet Spider (Ben) - Leader
    Puma - Finance Support
    Ricochet,
    Dusk,
    Hornet,
    Prodigy
    Jackpot
    Wraith

Sorry Rob London but I really don't like Alpha, no nothing about Nocture, and while Prowler would be a good addition its a numbers thing Prowler too me wouldn't be a guy on a team. K7P5V - I would prefer Arana goes to the champions, Miguel to stay in 2099, Agent Venom could work but I think Flash is more a government guy and that means he wouldn't suit the team I have in mind and will-o-the-wisp flip flops too much for me.
    Cool. Thanks for looking over my roster. I'm glad to know Puma was able to make the cut.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-04-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Jackpot, the other Jackpot brought back from the dead, and a new Jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Cool. Thanks for looking over my roster. I'm glad to know Puma was able to make the cut.
    Truthfully I’m kinda torn because 1) you could have Harry as American Son be the money guy and rebuilding the Osborn Legacy in a good way which would be hard work since your dad isn’t all there or 2) Thomas Fireheart does have history and gives you a opening to do stuff with Black Cat (if you can get her of course) I’m a guy with more story ideas than I know what to do with. Your roster is pretty cool but the only two I would have any real interest in would be Arana and Puma. Hope I didn’t make you feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Jackpot, the other Jackpot brought back from the dead, and a new Jackpot.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but that wouldn't be the slingers but the Jackpots
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Truthfully I’m kinda torn because 1) you could have Harry as American Son be the money guy and rebuilding the Osborn Legacy in a good way which would be hard work since your dad isn’t all there or 2) Thomas Fireheart does have history and gives you a opening to do stuff with Black Cat (if you can get her of course) I’m a guy with more story ideas than I know what to do with. Your roster is pretty cool but the only two I would have any real interest in would be Arana and Puma. Hope I didn’t make you feel bad.

Correct me if i'm wrong but that wouldn't be the slingers but the Jackpots
    It's cool. Some constructive criticism ain't all bad.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Ooh, Cardiac. Cool.
    Thanks. Figured the team could use some medical expertise, too, and I like VolcanikTiger86's idea of including Puma as the team's financial support. It might be a little less personally thorny than Harry Osborn, but at the same time, Harry figuring out (again) who Spider-Man/Peter is and having to reevaluate his whole adult life could yield some great personal drama.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    It's cool. Some constructive criticism ain't all bad.
    That it is, that it is, thank you K7P5V for giving me hope when it comes to the internet.
    Truth is the best policy