Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you read an All New, All Different X-Men?

After reading the "Which Character should get a break in 2019?" thread. It got me to wondering if Marvel decided to create a new group of mutants, led by one surviving member of the X-men...would the fanbase read it.

Let's say the X-Men have disappeared and your favorite is the only X-Man remaining. He or She open up an potential X-Men file and gathers up an All New, All Different team...all new characters. The main goal of the team is to find the missing X-Men, protect mutants and the world. This team will remain unchanged for 25 issues.

I gotta admit I would probably read the first arc...just to see how the new characters powers work and their interaction as a team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'd give it a chance at the least, yes.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

From the looks of things...that's exactly what we've been reading for the past few years with every re-launch/#1.

That said, in the spirit of the OP...Yes, I would but only if the artist was really good and was ongoing for the first 25 issues and it was a writer I liked and trusted to really do something new and fresh.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-03-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Surge has only gotten...two maybe three lines in all of 2018. Hell yes, I'd take that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After reading the "Which Character should get a break in 2019?" thread. It got me to wondering if Marvel decided to create a new group of mutants, led by one surviving member of the X-men...would the fanbase read it.

Let's say the X-Men have disappeared and your favorite is the only X-Man remaining. He or She open up an potential X-Men file and gathers up an All New, All Different team...all new characters. The main goal of the team is to find the missing X-Men, protect mutants and the world. This team will remain unchanged for 25 issues.

I gotta admit I would probably read the first arc...just to see how the new characters powers work and their interaction as a team.
    Isn't that kind of the story they're going for in Uncanny from feb?

And noooooooooooooo!

Id be all for it but it likely wouldnt sell enough to last

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Isn't that kind of the story they're going for in Uncanny from feb?

And noooooooooooooo!
    Yes and no. Uncanny will feature a bunch of characters we already know, including Cyclops, Wolverine, Havok, Magik (?), among others. Its far from an all new team, but the premise is similar in that Scott will be going around getting who remains

This is also similar in concept to Banshee and Forge going around looking for the X-men after they disappeared in the Siege Perilous
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-03-2018 at 02:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id be all for it but it likely wouldnt sell enough to last

Yes and no. Uncanny will feature a bunch of characters we already know, including Cyclops, Wolverine, Havok, Magik (?), among others. Its far from an all new team, but the premise is similar in that Scott will be going around getting who remains

This is also similar in concept to Banshee and Forge going around looking for the X-men after they disappeared in the Siege Perilous
    I know that.That's why i said "kind of story".

And i agree it won't last with completely new team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I wouldn't do it all at once like that. I'd allow characters to phase out naturally because it's what the character's journey calls for, IE Claremont's plans to have Cyclops retire after marrying Maddie had Editorial not stepped in and put the kibosh on it.

Yes, for sure. I will support this through and through.

I've always wanted a big player team to be international and didn't focus on American values. I've always dreamed of a team that consisted of characters like Faiza Hussain, Neal Shaara, Karima Shapandar, Silhouette Chord, Xi'an Coy Manh, Forge, etc.

There's this book called the Three-Body Problem which is a Chinese sci-fi book about an alien invasion. It was recently translated to English and it's such an interesting and novel read. We're so used to American-made literature about alien invasions that we don't really take the time to think about how other cultures would respond to an alien threat.

Other than the UK-based Excalibur, I want to see an international X-Men team that is based in a different country. As fans, we want to see so many new ideas and plots that aren't retreads of old stories. With this international concept, we could explore how the politics and culture of different countries react and deal with the "mutant problem."

So, I'd prefer to see these established and obscure characters used. But if it takes a new ANAD team to refresh the franchise, I'm for it.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Cyclops is the last surviving X man, he opens the file and recruits :
    -Havok
    -Dazzler
    -Magneto
    -Magik
    -Namor
    -Polaris

Name : X-Men White

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I wouldn't do it all at once like that. I'd allow characters to phase out naturally because it's what the character's journey calls for, IE Claremont's plans to have Cyclops retire after marrying Maddie had Editorial not stepped in and put the kibosh on it.
    I got the idea from the original ANAD X-Men, which breath new life into the failing X-Franchise
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Other than the UK-based Excalibur, I want to see an international X-Men team that is based in a different country.
    I'm toying with starting a "Tell me your status quo" thread which is basically what you're describing. The United States passes HARSH genetic testing and criminalization of mutant humans, so the X-Men go dark in North America, but go bright in other continents.

The ANAD+O5 rosters take two reactive "hates-and-fears-them" approaches to this brave new world, while Psylocke, Dazzler, Cable, and the New Mutants generation revitalizes the X-Corp idea, builds five watchtowers, and negotiates a sanctuary sovereignty within Chicago limits.

Excalibur comes out as mutant advocate superheroes in a way that Europe always responded well toward. Sunspot launches a bid to wrest global dominance of the international Hellfire Club to the Sao Paolo location. Wakanda emerges as political adversary to the United States policies on mutants. A batcave in Madripoor is the location of the only remaining Cerebro Core.

BANNED

With not so healthy comic book industry & emergence of comic book movies,asking or complaining about old X-men characters are same as why earth can't be flat.

I think i Will read anything with cyclops at the center

All you need for a really successful ANAD book is like, Wolverine and a well-known, strong creative team. It's not hard.