Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
It's not a requirement at all, but I'm also holding Shang Chi to a higher level. I think his martial arts skills should be significantly above those presented for Cap and other heroes who also have super strength. Also since he's not wearing a mask like the Iron Fist actor he's going to be required to do at least a decent amount of his own stunts. Not all but certainly more than Chris Evans, Scar Jo and Chadwick have had to do. But sure you could just cast anyone and train them for a few months and hope it works out. In my experience especially with martial arts films high level actors like Donnie Yen, Tony Jaa, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li etc. There is at least some martial arts base and it translates into the stunts. But Marvel doesn't have to go this route, so will see.

Unless they are going for a more unconventional approach for a more martial arts type film.
True that, bro. Cap's fighting style in the movies was very technically sound and MMA-inspired. It takes a couple of months for someone to be (or at the very least look) effective with it. With Shang, though, yeah, you have to be able to get someone who can make techniques that look aesthetically beautiful and difficult to perform look effortless and effective. Thus, someone who does have the years of training could work.