Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Just binged watched Thor: Ragnarok and GotG: Vol. 2.

As crazy as it sounds, again, just so many parts where I think Shang-Chi could have played a part!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the villain HAS to be his dad. They can tweak and modernize it, but to take away that element takes away too much from his story.

Marvel has implied that there is a REAL Mandarin out there, so they can perhaps use him over Fu Manchu.
    Could work if they use his Tem Borjigin name and emphasize him being half British/half Mongolian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just binged watched Thor: Ragnarok and GotG: Vol. 2.

As crazy as it sounds, again, just so many parts where I think Shang-Chi could have played a part!
    Two movies that took place mostly not on earth?? Yeah, that does sound crazy.

Also, is Shang-Chi actually a "super-hero?" If Marvel wants to make a kung-fu movie, that's great, but I don't know if he ever really fit with the tights and capes crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Two movies that took place mostly not on earth?? Yeah, that does sound crazy.
    Oh yeah most def. Part of me was actually thinking, wouldn't it be cool if Shang was in this battle scene right now with Thor? Wouldn't it be cool if he was helping out the Guardians?

I guess what I really wanted was to see Shang a part of the MCU.

Also, is Shang-Chi actually a "super-hero?" If Marvel wants to make a kung-fu movie, that's great, but I don't know if he ever really fit with the tights and capes crowd.
    I think so, yeah. Shang has fought with Spider-Man, Captain America, and the Avengers against villains and bad guys, so I think he fits. The question is has there been a really good superhero story featuring Shang-Chi. Sadly, not yet. But hopefully at the very least we get a new series with Shang-Chi out of this potential movie.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

To paraphrase what a wise person once said, just show me a giant Asian man doing Kung-Fu on a dragon and I’m sold.