Default Lizard vs. X-men & Bat Family

Curt Connors as Lizard in 2 seperate scenarios.

Scenario 1 vs:

Beast
    Wolverine
    Gambit

Scenario 2 vs:

Batman
    Nightwing
    Cass Cain
    Robin

Fights take place in abandoned NYC at night. They start 2 kilometers away from each other and dont know where the opposition is initially.

616 and Post Crisis
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Does Lizard have the telepathy via jacking Reptile part of the brain? Makes it a stomp if so.

Otherwise this will be a interesting match. As both opponent teams work well on teams, X Men May win more if they stay close, as Lizard cannot stealth on Logan.

As for Bat Family, can play their cards right and get a few wins ( but blood lusted Lizard at right moment, would WRECK the bat clan team. Being stronger, faster, tougher, healing factor,!and so forth vs them.)

Oof. Scenario favors the faster stronger Lizard against the X-men.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oof. Scenario favors the faster stronger Lizard against the X-men.

Yeah only reason I do not say this is:

Gambit can super charge stuff prior to encounter. Lizard is fast and tough but well the cannon can make booms and set up more.

Beast, well Hank I think your awesome but your the dead weight.

Logan, well his weapons can injure Curt, the issue is he is not going to touch him. But his senses will detect Curt just as Lizard with his senses detect them, so Gambit can do a perimeter and making stuff explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah only reason I do not say this is:

Gambit can super charge stuff prior to encounter. Lizard is fast and tough but well the cannon can make booms and set up more.

Beast, well Hank I think your awesome but your the dead weight.

Logan, well his weapons can injure Curt, the issue is he is not going to touch him. But his senses will detect Curt just as Lizard with his senses detect them, so Gambit can do a perimeter and making stuff explosive.
    I guess my question is, can't the Lizard just bring down buildings on top of them ? He's strong enough to rip apart foundational pillars pretty easy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He is smart enough to do that. The issue I am having is the distance apart gives time and unpredictable patterns of the city. Because yeah many many things can happen as just them in city.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

You know, I'm kind of interested in Curt Conners and Hank McCoy sitting down and having a chat about biochemistry and self-experimentation.

I'm also wondering if the X-Men's standard anti-telepath training (and the psychic shielding Xavier installed in Logan) would give the X-Men some degree of resistance to the AOE lizard brain effect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    You know, I'm kind of interested in Curt Conners and Hank McCoy sitting down and having a chat about biochemistry and self-experimentation.

I'm also wondering if the X-Men's standard anti-telepath training (and the psychic shielding Xavier installed in Logan) would give the X-Men some degree of resistance to the AOE lizard brain effect.
    Oh I agree. Hank and Curt should have a talk.

The lizard thing reminds me that f Aqua Man. Because instead of sheer telepathic invasion involving higher thought tampering, it’s a legit seizure of control by tapping into part of the brain that has no such higher function, it’s the part of the brain that keeps body alive and automated basically.

Unless you have such mental control can alter course of heart beats, lungs working and chemical reactions ( Like Ringer style self induced adrenaline rush.)

Well baring that biofeedback stuff, should be able to tap that part of brain just fine.

With a 2km gap, there’s plenty of time for the Bat guys to prep their grenades etc and Cass (at least) should have enough time to react when he first appears to blow him the hell up.

Similarly, Gambit can be ready with the blam-blam, and Logan will pick up his scent as soon as he’s close enough, so the Cajun knows where to boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    With a 2km gap, there’s plenty of time for the Bat guys to prep their grenades etc and Cass (at least) should have enough time to react when he first appears to blow him the hell up.

Similarly, Gambit can be ready with the blam-blam, and Logan will pick up his scent as soon as he’s close enough, so the Cajun knows where to boom.
    See.

It's a stomping ground Curt knows well, and as fast as he's moving, he'll be doing so in a few seconds at worst. I really don't see them having enough time to adequately prep for his arrival.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    See.

It's a stomping ground Curt knows well, and as fast as he's moving, he'll be doing so in a few seconds at worst. I really don't see them having enough time to adequately prep for his arrival.
    When their prep consists of “remove grenade from belt and prepare to throw”, sure they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    When their prep consists of “remove grenade from belt and prepare to throw”, sure they do.
    More talking about Gambit and Co.

I'm sure Batman has some kind of Anti-Lizard Man Grenade in that belt of his.

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm not terribly sanguine about thrown grenades doing sufficient damage or even hitting the Lizard, even with Cass tossing them.

The Lizard doesn't have bullet-time feats. What the Lizard has is the rare situation where the Lizard explicitly pushes a superfast character to the max, speedwise, rather than just 'landing hits on them' (ie possible PIS).

That's enough for Connors to be faster than Cass, for me.

If he's faster than Cass...tough enough to eat hits from Peter...I'm really iffy on however many bat-grenades Cass can throw doing much of anything to him before he's in her face. Granted, the Batgroup can have split up -- they don't need to stay in a group -- and be tossing grenades themselves once Connors engages Cass, but their own stuff might hurt Cass, and there's nothing stopping the Lizard from breaking away and going after THEM.

They might manage something here, but I'd give a majority to the Lizard.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate