Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Justice League #13 Preview/Discussion

Sorry if I am late and this topic exists.. I didn´t saw this in dc comics..

Lex Luthor vs Joker.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-13-preview/

Ah, Joker and Luthor. The unsung villainous frenemy relationship of the DCU .

I’ve really disliked Snyder’s Justice League run but I may pick this up for March’s art. Plus I do love the dynamic between Lex and The Joker. Lex is the only person besides Batman that kind of understands the Joker and can control him even in the slightest.

Always Rakzo

This issue perfectly demonstrates the problem with Tynion's writing. He inherits Snyder's fanwankery towards the Joker and makes him utterly competent to the point he's able to beat every villain in the universe (Thank God Darkseid wasn't there) and the only one who could be even more ridiculously overpowered than him is that Batman who Laughs (and that makes things even worse).

And the narration is over-written to the point that is just asphyxiating, Tynion leaves very little to the imagination and worst of all, he kinda ruins March's beautiful art and storytelling. You just need to compare this to the unlettered preview to realize how well March tells the story without the need of text. What a waste.

Astonishing Member

When the Joker tells you not to trust someone and you ignore him, you deserve to get trolled.

It says something about the Batman Who Laughs if Joker considers him dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This issue perfectly demonstrates the problem with Tynion's writing. He inherits Snyder's fanwankery towards the Joker and makes him utterly competent to the point he's able to beat every villain in the universe (Thank God Darkseid wasn't there) and the only one who could be even more ridiculously overpowered than him is that Batman who Laughs (and that makes things even worse).

And the narration is over-written to the point that is just asphyxiating, Tynion leaves very little to the imagination and worst of all, he kinda ruins March's beautiful art and storytelling. You just need to compare this to the unlettered preview to realize how well March tells the story without the need of text. What a waste.
    Do Wonder Woman, Manhunter, and Hawkgirl get any moments in Snyder's follow-up arcs after TOTALITY?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Do Wonder Woman, Manhunter, and Hawkgirl get any moments in Snyder's follow-up arcs after TOTALITY?
    WW was kinda relevant during Drowned Earth but the other two not really.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Apparently Wonder Woman didn't do anything but get saved from Cheetah by Batman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Apparently Wonder Woman didn't do anything but get saved from Cheetah by Batman.
    She does more than that. She rescues Aquaman earlier in the arc and makes a new friend. And it's Justice League, everyone saves everyone at some point.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

World's Most Deadly Six-Fingered Batman.

This read as a nice break-up/ultimate "I QUIT THIS CRAP JOB" kind of thing. My suspension of disbelief at Joker being up to the task of pulling it off only works because of the notion that Luthor gave him a bunch of toys to do it with, but I still don't really buy say, Sinestro being susceptible. It definitely treads into that Emperor Joker territory ... I kind of like that as a satirical riff on "Bat-God", but it's always weird for Joker to get involved in cosmic hijinx anyway. I mean is Batman a Crime Book or a Superhero Book? I know it's both ... but phew, your head spins in circles when it jumps from one to the other.

But then again ... I love street-level Joker chumping out The Devil just as much as I love Joker in a Skull-Satellite hijacking Martian Manhunter's brain. And in that regard Morrison's Joker is way less consistent between the street level crime stories and the cosmic **** - at least the Snyder-Tynion Joker has always been OP and made absolutely no sense.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It was alright. Is Snyder even writing JL anymore? Seems like he’s basically left it to Tynion while he once again focuses on Batman. Didn’t really like all the other villains jobbing to Joker again.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No way Joker can even step up to the current Black Manta. Manta wouldn't put up with any of it.

No real thought seems to be placed in how these characters would act, but more so "Joker is so cool!"
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-05-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    When the Joker tells you not to trust someone and you ignore him, you deserve to get trolled.

It says something about the Batman Who Laughs if Joker considers him dangerous.
    why would anyone ever trust the Joker or listen to his advice
    The J-man

Lex was an idiot from the beginning of this series
    Joker comes to you and says he'll team up with you and forgo all his usual nonsense of the usual betrayal and laugh at how stupid I made you look etc, if Lex only did one thing and not bring in the batman who laughs into the plan.
    Lex having such a huge ego doesn't even really regard him breaking his promise as a big deal but to Joker he's a man of his word and that lie means that Joker is leaving.

Not sure why Lex was so hell bent on making Joker his #2 anyway. Now he has to make due with brainiac

Edit: Wrong thread.