Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I must have missed the part where Joker learned that Luthor betrayed him? The 2 page Hostess Fruit Pie or whatever ad was ill placed. Love this story's art, but wondering why Grodd or Grundy or some other major bruiser didn't tear Joker's head off.

The Joker bores me and is among my least favorite villains but Tynion's script made the story somewhat entertaining.

Kon93

2 negatives- over selling the joker,and over explaining everything.

Astonishing Member

Is this out this week?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It was alright. Is Snyder even writing JL anymore? Seems like he’s basically left it to Tynion while he once again focuses on Batman. Didn’t really like all the other villains jobbing to Joker again.
    Issue 17 seems to credits Snyder as the lone writer. But then issue 18 is by Tynion again, so...

Fantastic Member

Guys, we’ve been known Tynion was going to write the Legion Of Doom chapters.

Haven't been able to keep up with the book, can anyone tell me what came of Starman/Will Payton's re-introduction?

Can they just classify Joker as a god now and get it over with. Or reveal that he has a connection to the Speed Force. Tynion followed Snyder’s formula of making the Joker ridiculously OP.

Mighty Member

Joker has always been pretty formidable in the planning department. He has higher end feats, such as the Emperor Joker arc.

BANNED

In that story he actually had godlike power, here he just gasses everyone including Mr Freeze, Cheetah and Sinestro and it magically works. Its silly and its lazy, Tynion atleast could have put effort in to it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    In that story he actually had godlike power, here he just gasses everyone including Mr Freeze, Cheetah and Sinestro and it magically works. Its silly and its lazy, Tynion atleast could have put effort in to it.
    His gas attacks has always been uber. He basically did the same thing to the justice league.

Fantastic Member

Only people who are immune to poisons or have prepared beforehand like Batman aren't affected by Joker's gas. That's how it's always been. Complaining about "Joker God" has made some revisionist history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    His gas attacks has always been uber. He basically did the same thing to the justice league.

And that somehow makes it tolerable? look a good chunk of Batman villains use chemicals. Bane does, Hugo Strange does, Ivy does, Scarecrow does, Talons do, Mad Hatter does, Man-Bat does and others like Ra's, Two-Face etc dabble in it as well. Clayface and Freeze are walking chemicals. So I guess next time Bane pumps venom he should be strong enough to ko Superman. A Joker toxin capable of getting Cheetah and Freeze should have killed Riddler there and then. Its this non sense that bothers me, the lack of consistency. Give the same privilege to other chemical users or keep Joker street level. Dont try to tell me that the toxin works on Superman and Flash the same.

Fantastic Member

That's... not how toxins/poisons work

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    And that somehow makes it tolerable? look a good chunk of Batman villains use chemicals. Bane does, Hugo Strange does, Ivy does, Scarecrow does, Talons do, Mad Hatter does, Man-Bat does and others like Ra's, Two-Face etc dabble in it as well. Clayface and Freeze are walking chemicals. So I guess next time Bane pumps venom he should be strong enough to ko Superman. A Joker toxin capable of getting Cheetah and Freeze should have killed Riddler there and then. Its this non sense that bothers me, the lack of consistency. Give the same privilege to other chemical users or keep Joker street level. Dont try to tell me that the toxin works on Superman and Flash the same.
    Joker toxin is designed to make you insane/give you a rictus smile or make you laugh uncontrollably
    Fear Toxin is designed to make you live your worst fear out in your mind.

The only thing that changed in this issue was Joker adding Lex's tech to augment the delivery system so it would affect everyone there. The precedent is already there anyway Joker has taken down the JL with his toxin