Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I must have missed the part where Joker learned that Luthor betrayed him? The 2 page Hostess Fruit Pie or whatever ad was ill placed. Love this story's art, but wondering why Grodd or Grundy or some other major bruiser didn't tear Joker's head off.

  2. #17
    Mighty Member JLH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    The Joker bores me and is among my least favorite villains but Tynion's script made the story somewhat entertaining.

  3. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    2 negatives- over selling the joker,and over explaining everything.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,734

    Default

    Is this out this week?

  5. #20
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It was alright. Is Snyder even writing JL anymore? Seems like heís basically left it to Tynion while he once again focuses on Batman. Didnít really like all the other villains jobbing to Joker again.
    Issue 17 seems to credits Snyder as the lone writer. But then issue 18 is by Tynion again, so...

  6. #21
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Guys, we’ve been known Tynion was going to write the Legion Of Doom chapters.

  7. #22
    Fantastic Member Midnighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Haven't been able to keep up with the book, can anyone tell me what came of Starman/Will Payton's re-introduction?
    # FIRE DIDIO #JUSTICE FOR WALLY WEST

  8. #23
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,399

    Default

    Can they just classify Joker as a god now and get it over with. Or reveal that he has a connection to the Speed Force. Tynion followed Snyder’s formula of making the Joker ridiculously OP.

  9. #24
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Joker has always been pretty formidable in the planning department. He has higher end feats, such as the Emperor Joker arc.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    In that story he actually had godlike power, here he just gasses everyone including Mr Freeze, Cheetah and Sinestro and it magically works. Its silly and its lazy, Tynion atleast could have put effort in to it.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    In that story he actually had godlike power, here he just gasses everyone including Mr Freeze, Cheetah and Sinestro and it magically works. Its silly and its lazy, Tynion atleast could have put effort in to it.
    His gas attacks has always been uber. He basically did the same thing to the justice league.

  12. #27
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Only people who are immune to poisons or have prepared beforehand like Batman aren't affected by Joker's gas. That's how it's always been. Complaining about "Joker God" has made some revisionist history.

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    His gas attacks has always been uber. He basically did the same thing to the justice league.

    And that somehow makes it tolerable? look a good chunk of Batman villains use chemicals. Bane does, Hugo Strange does, Ivy does, Scarecrow does, Talons do, Mad Hatter does, Man-Bat does and others like Ra's, Two-Face etc dabble in it as well. Clayface and Freeze are walking chemicals. So I guess next time Bane pumps venom he should be strong enough to ko Superman. A Joker toxin capable of getting Cheetah and Freeze should have killed Riddler there and then. Its this non sense that bothers me, the lack of consistency. Give the same privilege to other chemical users or keep Joker street level. Dont try to tell me that the toxin works on Superman and Flash the same.

  14. #29
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    369

    Default

    That's... not how toxins/poisons work

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Nite-Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    And that somehow makes it tolerable? look a good chunk of Batman villains use chemicals. Bane does, Hugo Strange does, Ivy does, Scarecrow does, Talons do, Mad Hatter does, Man-Bat does and others like Ra's, Two-Face etc dabble in it as well. Clayface and Freeze are walking chemicals. So I guess next time Bane pumps venom he should be strong enough to ko Superman. A Joker toxin capable of getting Cheetah and Freeze should have killed Riddler there and then. Its this non sense that bothers me, the lack of consistency. Give the same privilege to other chemical users or keep Joker street level. Dont try to tell me that the toxin works on Superman and Flash the same.
    Joker toxin is designed to make you insane/give you a rictus smile or make you laugh uncontrollably
    Fear Toxin is designed to make you live your worst fear out in your mind.

    The only thing that changed in this issue was Joker adding Lex's tech to augment the delivery system so it would affect everyone there. The precedent is already there anyway Joker has taken down the JL with his toxin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •