Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Bendis Traverses Time & Space in the "Uncanny X-Men Annual"

Writer Brian Michael Bendis about the new "Uncanny X-Men Annual" which solves the mystery of time-altering mutant Eva Bell's disappearance.

Full article here.

Can't wait to see what happens in November, I'm really interested in what happened to Eva when dog went to the future. Not to mention Andrea Sorrentino is a great choice in artist.

Edit: Apparently this is only Andrea Sorrentino's first marvel project and he actually has more in the future. Honestly can't wait, he's a great artist.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-27-2014 at 06:45 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I wonder what will happen when it's reveal to the other X-men, what Eva knew about the future ?

Beast got's it coming... In the trail of hank McCoy

Amazing Member

I've read every DC book Sorrentino has drawn. I hope Marvel puts him on a decent ongoing. He'd be great on a Dr. Strange book.

Uncanny-X-Men-Annual-Interior-Preview-Sorrentino-333d9.jpg
    Andrea Sorrentino's art promises to expand upon the powerful stylistic legacy of UXN Annuals. Art Adams, Bill Sienkiewicz, Alan Davis and others have historically fulfilled these giant sized opportunities with giant-sized expressions that have marked many of these 'departures' as stand-alone classics. It's great to see that tradition celebrated and exciting to see Bendis creatively engaged in forging new frontiers for his storytelling.

Eva is an awesome character with a ton of charisma...immediately 'knowable' - a natural protagonist who readily garners the reader's perspective. A true scene stealer with an intriguing promise that has already set her apart from her fellow modern day 'new mutants' as the one to watch. I can't believe we have to wait until November for Beast to have some sort of reckoning...but I'm glad Eva's story will be bigger than that one...and that perhaps Hank McCoy can unravel himself from the mess he's made - by discovering in his own time and immediate place in a person who embodies the 'living' entity of 'timespace' - this all looks and feels fantastic!
    Last edited by sungila; 07-27-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by longbowhunter View Post
    I've read every DC book Sorrentino has drawn. I hope Marvel puts him on a decent ongoing. He'd be great on a Dr. Strange book.
    Dear Lord, yes.

Team Beast!!!

I love Eva she's great a new kitty pryde

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

i'm looking forward to the X-men2099 cast getting a relaunch out of this. La Lunatica, Krystalin, Brimstone Love, Meanstreak, Bloodhawk, etc... are all fantastic. Even if it's just them showing up in the Annual and that's it, i'd be fine.

Eva gets it so goooooood.

Fantastic Member

I'm not wild about some of the stuff Bendis has done with existing characters (X-23), but his Eva is fantastic. Looking forward to this.

I'm currently trade waiting all the X-books. But I will be buying this in November because Sorrentino is on art.

I'm fairly indifferent to Eva but that art is going to be hard to resist.

Amazing Member

So... this team has two mutants that can time-travel? That's neat. It does appear that Eva can do more stuff with time than Illyana, Eva is more of a sculptor/manipulator of time but Illyana is just transportation across spacetime. Does Illyana still have the same limits she used to have (the further in spacetime she travels the less accurate she is)? I suspect that the annual won't cover the differences but it should be touched upon. Cyclops' side already has five telepaths that use their powers differently, he can have two time travellers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Semicyon View Post
    So... this team has two mutants that can time-travel? That's neat. It does appear that Eva can do more stuff with time than Illyana, Eva is more of a sculptor/manipulator of time but Illyana is just transportation across spacetime. Does Illyana still have the same limits she used to have (the further in spacetime she travels the less accurate she is)? I suspect that the annual won't cover the differences but it should be touched upon. Cyclops' side already has five telepaths that use their powers differently, he can have two time travellers.
    He could have three if Kiden Nixon ever turned up.