Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

^So THAT'S why Bendis (finally) got rid of AoA Beast!

Personally, I really hated Sugar Man, Dark Beast, Nate Grey, and Holocaust coming over from the AoA reality. The original storyline worked better as it's own universe that crossed over with 616 occasionally (Exiles, Uncanny X-Force) rather than having transplants in 616.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I really think it is the guilt complex. The more he can redirect blame on Scott as a scapegoat the less attention is on him. He really is acting like a creeper, especially knowing where the X-men have been the whole time and not telling fin-head. While his rant is a little odd, knowing now he harbored all these feelings for Jean, pulls her from the past and feeds her her whole history from his POV , ends up trapping them here and possibly destroying the X-men timeline and she still goes to Scott's X-men, it makes sense that he is coming to his end point. He is one hangnail away from becoming Dark beast.
    If Bendis has been setting Henry up for that, then I am done.

BANNED

U know I just love how Marvel made a big deal about breaking the space time and continuum and yet characters keep abusing the crap out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    It's unfortunate that Scott started a death squad, almost caused the death of Boom Boom (well, actually caused it, but luckily Wolverine and X-23 saved the day), ordered Hank to commit genocide against the Skrulls, used "training" as an excuse to beat a little girl, used children as cannon fodder, killed Charles Xavier and destroyed Sydney, and that Hank, being a jerk, holds a grudge. Really really unfortunate.
    Almost caused the death of Boom Boom? Ooooh sweetie, honey, noooo, Hellion, Surge and Boom Boom were ABDUCTED by the Leaper Queen and the Sapien League. Whether Scott formed a death squad or not, that was gonna happen. And its not like those lunatics kidnapped, drugged and rigged those 3 to explode BECAUSE OF Scott Summers. Lets get the facts straight. Scott was not provided with the necessary information to avoid the time-crunch decision of sending X-Force into the future. It was unfortunate timing that was fortunately rectified by their returning to that exact moment they left. But can Scott be held responsible for Tabby getting shot? Who is to say that the Leper Queen wouldn't have shot her anyway, if they'd had more time?
    Additionally -- Hank is an adult. He could have refused to retaliate against the Skrulls, but then we might not even have any X-Men. And I gotta say, the use of the term "cannon fodder" is unjustified. Child Soldiers? Yes. But its not as if he was catapulting Mercury and Anole at the Purifiers to distract them or something.

And to his credit, he spent a LOT of energy trying to keep the students out of battle throughout the Institute days -- before, during and after the tragic bus explosion and subsequent campus invasion --but many of the survivors insisted on being treated as equals (a common theme among X-students I might add).

In regard to Second Coming, specifically, Utopia's entire population was SEALED in an impenetrable SPHERE (again not Scott's fault) being flooded with killing machines. Whether Scott made rallying, insistent speeches about participating or not -- it was do or die. Anyone could have refused, but they didn't. Simply because someone is giving orders, does not mean everyone MUST follow. Its not like he could kick them off Utopia at the time, right? Its join the fight or watch your friends die.
    Hope getting hand to hand training beat downs? C'mon. This is Cable's daughter. Cable. All the crap he put her through and we're mad at Scott for hitting her while training? <side eye>
    Now... the death squad stuff? That's on him. Completely. Killing Xavier? Possibly him -- that's still not 100% clear at what point his body was "taken over". Sydney is Dark Phoenix's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I really think it is the guilt complex. The more he can redirect blame on Scott as a scapegoat the less attention is on him.
    I'm inclined to agree with you on this.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-29-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't know why, but i just can't get myself motivated finding any of that interesting.

It's like sitting at some big concert and finding the actions of the stage crew more interesting than the band itself.

Both of these Annuals are gorgeous - yes, Sorrentino's art is incredible - next level, easily up to the super high standards most of Marvel's
    current roster of artists hit on a regular basis lately.

Eva is a lovely character and Bendis told a great little story here - she has a lot of promise for the future, I'm looking forward to see
    how they build her out from here.