Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Prince Namor vs. Wonder Man

616. The Arena floor is no longer sand, but indestructible granite. Filled with 1 foot of water.

Bonus: Either contestant vs Captain Britain
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Well the Captain Britain thing is a waste. Or rather they both waste him. He’s around Class 90 and facing two badge-wearing, card-carrying members of the Class 100 club.

I feel like a foot of water is a nice amount to make the main fight pretty close, and like Namor maybe has the strength advantage while Simon has the durability edge.

I’d lean to Namor overall, but it’s a tough fight.

Namor and Wonder Man fought way back around Avengers #155 or so, on a ship out on the ocean. Namor got in a couple of good hits, but Wonder Man won decisively:

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Namor and Wonder Man fought way back around Avengers #155 or so, on a ship out on the ocean. Namor got in a couple of good hits, but Wonder Man won decisively:

And in addition, at that time, Wonder Man had not regained all of his original strength. Some of it came back as he fought/defeated Attuma (which was after the Namor fight above).

I believe it was a few issues later when Simon himself stated that after "the Stone Knight defeated me, my power mysteriously increased back to where it used to be. I Hope that it is enough."

Ultimate Member

I think current Namor is (for whatever reason) is stronger than he was before as evidenced by his recently completely no-selling Captain Marvel and holding Thor's hammer and Iron Man's fist firmly in place and almost crushing both at the same time. Thor pretty much mentioned it because he fought Namor just a few weeks before their confrontation in Avengers (that's current Thor's role, to note how much stronger his erstwhile rivals have become).

Thing is, Wonder Man too is also stronger, wrestling Red Hulk into that sleeper hold some years ago was pretty crazy.

At this point, I think Wonder Man might have a slight edge over, at least enough for him to win a majority of their fights. But I could easily see them fighting to a draw.

For a long time, Namor was considered Class 75 (equivalent to Ben Grimm) away from water, and Class 100 while in the water. He has fought Iron Man many times over the years and never previously showed the capacity to crush Iron Man's fist, let alone Mjolnir.

Yeah, Namor seemed Iron Man-level for a very long time, so much so that I was astonished when I first heard that he was sometimes written as a rival to Hulk.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To be really fair, Namor was written as Iron Man-ish when he was dry. When wet, he usually ripped Tony to shreds. But all of THAT said, that was mostly back in the red and gold days, and Tony SHOULD be massively stronger and such since. It's always an issue for tech-based folks in comics: they should, by the nature of tech, get stronger and better over time pretty rapidly. They often even say as much on panel, but then they do roughly the same against foes they fought two or ten iterations of gear ago. Ah, well.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Not really, no. Hell, Iron Man's biggest victory over him was underwater.

Ultimate Member

For a long time, Namor was considered Class 75 (equivalent to Ben Grimm) away from water, and Class 100 while in the water. He has fought Iron Man many times over the years and never previously showed the capacity to crush Iron Man's fist, let alone Mjolnir.
    Yeah but it wasnt mjolnir, its one of those random hammers that Thor carries around these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well the Captain Britain thing is a waste. Or rather they both waste him. He’s around Class 90 and facing two badge-wearing, card-carrying members of the Class 100 club.

I feel like a foot of water is a nice amount to make the main fight pretty close, and like Namor maybe has the strength advantage while Simon has the durability edge.

I’d lean to Namor overall, but it’s a tough fight.
    Well the Captain Britain thing would be a waste except he can now go beyond class 90 strength (do people still use this as a accurate measure of ability?). I can easily say on his best day he smokes both of them and no his worst he doesn't

P.S. It should be noted that for those who don't read Captain Britain that his powers changed in 2009, and anything you knew about him before that is probably old hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah but it wasnt mjolnir, its one of those random hammers that Thor carries around these days.
    That sounds really awkward. Does Thor wear one of those carpentry belts? Or he carry a big satchel full of hammers? Or maybe he slings them over his back like in a quiver or a golf bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Well the Captain Britain thing would be a waste except he can now go beyond class 90 strength (do people still use this as a accurate measure of ability?). I can easily say on his best day he smokes both of them and no his worst he doesn't

P.S. It should be noted that for those who don't read Captain Britain that his powers changed in 2009, and anything you knew about him before that is probably old hat.
    Would you care to post some feats to support that assertion that he’s beyond Class 90? Or does the fact that you can “easily say” that “he smokes both of them” somehow make that the case?

And we use ‘Class -‘ as general guide, not as an accurate measure of ability. And no, we certainly don’t assume it means ‘can lift/press 90 tons” because that’s just bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Would you care to post some feats to support that assertion that he’s beyond Class 90? Or does the fact that you can “easily say” that “he smokes both of them” somehow make that the case?

And we use ‘Class -‘ as general guide, not as an accurate measure of ability. And no, we certainly don’t assume it means ‘can lift/press 90 tons” because that’s just bollocks.
    Scans of Brian single handedly smashing the Phoenix Force incoming :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ultimate Member

That sounds really awkward. Does Thor wear one of those carpentry belts? Or he carry a big satchel full of hammers? Or maybe he slings them over his back like in a quiver or a golf bag?
    It's...funny. He carries one around but has instant access to other ones.

When he fought Juggernaut in the first issue of Aaron's run, he broke his hammer on Juggy's head. According to Odin, they haven't been able to find pure enough to make another mjolnir.

He asked one of the dwarves to send him more hammers. A portal opened and it dropped what looked like hundreds of hammers. So, it seems he has access to other hammers when the one he uses breaks.