Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Would you care to post some feats to support that assertion that he’s beyond Class 90? Or does the fact that you can “easily say” that “he smokes both of them” somehow make that the case?

And we use ‘Class -‘ as general guide, not as an accurate measure of ability. And no, we certainly don’t assume it means ‘can lift/press 90 tons” because that’s just bollocks.
    Cap helps land 600 ton plane. (Granted the plane is very unlikely to be 600 tons, however the average plane weight is well over 100 tons.)
    Captain Britain/Plane

Cap beats up and carries Master Mold into space.
    1.Captain Britain/Master Mold (Scale)
    2.Captain Britain/Master Mold
    3.Captain Britain/Master Mold

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Scans of Brian single handedly smashing the Phoenix Force incoming :P
    Just for you! :P

Last edited by Knightmare; 12-07-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Cap helps land 600 ton plane. (Granted the plane is very unlikely to be 600 tons, however the average plane weight is well over 100 tons.)
    Captain Britain/Plane
    Just to be clear, even if it were 600 tons, and even if it weren’t ‘helps land it’ but ‘picks it up and flies off with it’, that feat is still nothing like Class 90 (which I am nevertheless not stating that Brian isn’t.... there’s way too many negatives in these brackets, isn’t there?).

It’s an exponential scale.

‘Helps 747 to land’ is a kind of Classic Rogue, Class 50 kind of deal.

Ben Grimm, who is basically the poster-child for the Class 75-80 category, once used a skyscraper weighing THOUSANDS of tons as a sword.

Brian, as Class 90, is much stronger than that.

And just for reference, Wonder Man, who is considered the ‘You Must Be This Tall To Ride’ of Class 100s, lifted a small island. And an island with multiple aircraft (and other vehicles and buildings and....) ON IT. Other Class 100s have lifted mountains, held tectonic plates together or even smashed planets. The Class 100 Club does not mess about.

Again, nowhere near Ben Grimm’s best feats, let alone a Class 90, and forget higher than Class 90.

Just for you! :P

Y’know, when I made my request for feats, I nearly said “And don’t show that nonsense about Cap stopping the Phoenix Force, something that Galactus respects as a peer.”

But I thought I didn’t need to, because everyone knows that feat is bullshit, right?

And then Arby goes and invokes it by spaking the name that shall not be spaked, just to troll me because he has no soul. ;p

We must never spake of it again.

Well to be perfectly fair, Brian only pushed the PF away a short distance before he was overwhelmed and almost burned to death.
    But yeah, still bullshit,

I dont see what's wrong with that feat. I mean, he's the protector of the bloody omniverse. PF is only universal.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I dont see what's wrong with that feat. I mean, he's the protector of the bloody omniverse. PF is only universal.
    Don’t make me come over there.

Just to be clear, even if it were 600 tons, and even if it weren’t ‘helps land it’ but ‘picks it up and flies off with it’, that feat is still nothing like Class 90 (which I am nevertheless not stating that Brian isn’t.... there’s way too many negatives in these brackets, isn’t there?).

It’s an exponential scale.

‘Helps 747 to land’ is a kind of Classic Rogue, Class 50 kind of deal.

Ben Grimm, who is basically the poster-child for the Class 75-80 category, once used a skyscraper weighing THOUSANDS of tons as a sword.

Brian, as Class 90, is much stronger than that.

And just for reference, Wonder Man, who is considered the ‘You Must Be This Tall To Ride’ of Class 100s, lifted a small island. And an island with multiple aircraft (and other vehicles and buildings and....) ON IT. Other Class 100s have lifted mountains, held tectonic plates together or even smashed planets. The Class 100 Club does not mess about.

Again, nowhere near Ben Grimm’s best feats, let alone a Class 90, and forget higher than Class 90.

Y’know, when I made my request for feats, I nearly said “And don’t show that nonsense about Cap stopping the Phoenix Force, something that Galactus respects as a peer.”

But I thought I didn’t need to, because everyone knows that feat is bullshit, right?

And then Arby goes and invokes it by spaking the name that shall not be spaked, just to troll me because he has no soul. ;p

We must never spake of it again.
    I think it should be pointed out that Wonder Man didn't lift the island up, he merely helped stay balanced on the rock. Still impressive just not as impressive as lifting an island of the ground. Also Ben Grimm lifted a skyscraper? So Master Mold is bigger than a skyscraper and it's all machine not like a skyscraper which has a lot of empty internal space in comparison.

Could I also trouble you for some screen shots of the feats your talking about?

Don’t make me come over there.
    Can I ask what exactly is the problem with the Phoenix feat? I honestly don't understand why it's being discounted.

I think it should be pointed out that Wonder Man didn't lift the island up, he merely helped stay balanced on the rock. Still impressive just not as impressive as lifting an island of the ground. Also Ben Grimm lifted a skyscraper? So Master Mold is bigger than a skyscraper and it's all machine not like a skyscraper which has a lot of empty internal space in comparison.
    When it was being lifted by Wonder Man and Sue Storm, and Sue had to stop to move her forcefield, Simon held the island up entirely by himself. It’s even commented on extensively by Reed.

And Master Mold, according to Marvel’s own wiki (and various other sources) is 30 ft tall. That is one short-ass skyscraper.

Could I also trouble you for some screen shots of the feats your talking about?
    I’m about to crash for the evening because it’s late here and I’m knackered. Maybe at some point tomorrow I’ll go looking.

As for why the Phoenix feat is discounted, I’ll leave that to others (and there will be others) to explain, but suffice to ask, how close to Galactus in power do you believe Brian to be?

Master Mold is waaaaaaay beyond skyscraper size in that particular iteration. Dude dwarfs nearby towers.

The PF has obliterated stars. Casually stomped Gladiator at low divided power levels. Allowed users to throw down evenly with Galactus. Grappled with sentient galaxy sized super storms while ignoring the Destroyer Armors best.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The PF has obliterated stars. Casually stomped Gladiator at low divided power levels. Allowed users to throw down evenly with Galactus. Grappled with sentient galaxy sized super storms while ignoring the Destroyer Armors best.
    Not to forget: Made love with Odin better than any women he had before

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's...funny. He carries one around but has instant access to other ones.

When he fought Juggernaut in the first issue of Aaron's run, he broke his hammer on Juggy's head. According to Odin, they haven't been able to find pure enough to make another mjolnir.

He asked one of the dwarves to send him more hammers. A portal opened and it dropped what looked like hundreds of hammers. So, it seems he has access to other hammers when the one he uses breaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC9_WKVH_Xs

Master Mold is waaaaaaay beyond skyscraper size in that particular iteration. Dude dwarfs nearby towers.
    Fair enough. My bad for not actually checking out the scans in this case and just working off Master Mold’s standard depiction.

Ok, so are there any feats that are on a par with this to stop this from being a complete outlier?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I have this vague impression Cap has been upgraded in the last decade. I have no evidence, I just think he's been written as stronger since he started tapping into that interdimensional nexus nonsense.