All-New Member

Default Post Crisis Batman Question

Here's one issue I never understood about Post Crisis Batman continuity: When Dennis O'Neill took over as editor following the Crisis, he did away everything created by prior editors Len Wein & Paul Levitz, except Jason Todd.

Does anyone know if he was ever asked why he decided to keep Jason in the continuity (Though Jason's own continuity was now different) instead of returning to a solo Batman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInQueens View Post
    Here's one issue I never understood about Post Crisis Batman continuity: When Dennis O'Neill took over as editor following the Crisis, he did away everything created by prior editors Len Wein & Paul Levitz, except Jason Todd.

Does anyone know if he was ever asked why he decided to keep Jason in the continuity (Though Jason's own continuity was now different) instead of returning to a solo Batman?
    I dunno...but I guess it was simply a case of wanting Batman to have a Robin. And since Dick Grayson's Pre-Crisis continuity, including his evolution into Nightwing, was largely kept intact, he probably figured that the best bet was keeping Jason Todd, but rebooting him so that he was less of a Dick Grayson clone.