Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default How old is Attilan?

I know it can't be more than 150 years old as Queen Medusa can recognize the sound of traffic, and cars first came into use in the 1870s. I don't care that much about how they got there but more so about when. If the answer to this question isn't known please give me the best educated guess you can offer using your understanding of science, history, science fiction, and the Marvel universe. Thanks!

Attilan as a city is 25,000 years old. It might be 50k if marvel ever sorts out that Tuk the caveboy stuff.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Your assumption is they were completely ignorant of the world outside the Great Refuge. Attilan itself predates the invention of agriculture. When did Medusa recognize the sound of traffic?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The kree came and created the Inhumans back when we were cavemen. The Inhumans are super old.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Given the Agents of SHIELD question, I wonder if this question is related to the Inhumans TV show. Quality (or lack thereof) aside, the show clearly explains it by demonstrating that the Inhumans were observing Earth.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Attilan as a city is 25,000 years old. It might be 50k if marvel ever sorts out that Tuk the caveboy stuff.
    Now there's a piece of obscure continuity.

Given that Marvel likes to cannibalize everything from it's past and had a big push for the Inhumans not so long ago they didn't revive Tuk in some form. Flashbacks, time travel perhaps even bring him to the present. Given the meaning behind his name they could have had a Tuk: The First Avenger series.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They were never specific about the date of old Attilan, but they (the inhumans) have a general knowledge of the date of their inception, which was 12,00

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They were never specific about the date of old Attilan, but they (the inhumans) have a general knowledge of the date of their inception, which was 12,00
    12,000 years ago. The other inhuman tribes left Attilan to form Utolan and Orollan, and most, if any, didn't know about them, so those cities are newer. The reason they separated from humans was to avoid early homo sapiens from attacking them, so they had to had built Attilan before homo sapiens fully developed. I would say it's around 11,000 years old. But they always change the date of their conception depending on who's speaking.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Your assumption is they were completely ignorant of the world outside the Great Refuge. Attilan itself predates the invention of agriculture. When did Medusa recognize the sound of traffic?
    When her and her husband ended up in Hawaii she contacted him and he made her hear the sounds around him as a way to describe his whereabouts. She noted that she could hear the sounds of traffic. How does she know what traffic sounds like?

All-New Member

Then how do they know what cars sound like?

All-New Member

But there were no cars back when cavemen roamed Earth. How do they know what cars sound like?

All-New Member

When in the show does it say that they were observing Earth? Because when they visit the planet they don't seem to have the first clue on what to do to act normal. Lady Sif can blend in better than most Inhumans, despite being a full alien.

All-New Member

I'm not sure being on Earth's moon for 12,000 years would help them even fathom the concept of traffic let alone identify its sounds. How does Medusa know what traffic sounds like? I can't believe nobody's answered this. XD

All-New Member

Did Attilan have cars or something? Because that's what it's starting to seem like because Medusa is clearly able to identify the sound of traffic, which considering the small spaces that Attilan seems to usually encompass, I doubt her life experiences would allow her to possibly understand the concept of traffic, let alone know what it sounds like. In this case, how does she know what traffic sounds like?

You should probably go to the Inhumans thread to get your questions answered instead of creating one for each of them:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...iation/page487

And maybe you could, you know, read the comics and find out some of them by yourself lol.