Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Gijoe Snakes Eyes Solo Film in the works!

Snake eyes movie is in the works.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/g...ke-1203080234/

Cool idea except Snakes eye doesn't talk and doesn't take off his mask,So he works better as side character than main character. I hope it works

He took his mask off in the 80s comics more then once.

I don't think there will be as much hype or interest around this as the studio thinks there will be.

This needs a killer trailer before I think about throwing down money
    The J-man

I wonder if they're aiming for this to revitalize the G.I.Joe brand like the Bumblebee movie is for the Transformers...

I hate when the writers decide that the entire G,I, Joe franchise is only about Snake Eyes.

Then again I can't really expect good decisions from the people that made two G.I. Joe movies and didn't even offer Sgt. Slaughter a cameo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they're aiming for this to revitalize the G.I.Joe brand like the Bumblebee movie is for the Transformers...
    I'm sure they are. I also think that the time for a big Snake Eyes movie might have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    is that what the Bumblebee movie is suppose to be? I'm sorry but after 5 or 7 Bay films I need a break. If I ever watch the film it will be on HBO
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    is that what the Bumblebee movie is suppose to be? I'm sorry but after 5 or 7 Bay films I need a break. If I ever watch the film it will be on HBO
    Michael Bay isn't attached to Bumblebee in any capacity as far as I know, so I don't believe that he'll have any input. The director is Travis Knight and he's the director of Kubo and the Two Strings. So yeah in a way it is at least an attempt at revitalization, which quite a few people are at least interested which is more than I would usually say for Transformers.

But back to the topic at hand... Snake Eyes is seriously the only solo film I'd ever consider watching from the G.I. Joe franchise. I hope they do it right this time, but until we know more about who's writing and directing I don't have much of an opinion right now. It could be interesting though.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It would take a lot for me to be interested in a Snake Eyes movie. If Lee Byung-Hun returns that would definitely help. Truthfully I think the time has passed for a GI JOE film franchise to really take off, but I'm willing to be wrong. After all I'm no fan of the Transformers franchise, but Bumblebee looks great.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by VGCinema View Post
    Michael Bay isn't attached to Bumblebee in any capacity as far as I know, so I don't believe that he'll have any input. The director is Travis Knight and he's the director of Kubo and the Two Strings. So yeah in a way it is at least an attempt at revitalization, which quite a few people are at least interested which is more than I would usually say for Transformers.

But back to the topic at hand... Snake Eyes is seriously the only solo film I'd ever consider watching from the G.I. Joe franchise. I hope they do it right this time, but until we know more about who's writing and directing I don't have much of an opinion right now. It could be interesting though.
    He's a producer

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Considering how much it seems set to be a reboot and going back to franchise basics, with G1-accurate designs, I have to imagine that's what they're going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    He's a producer
    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I can't believe I didn't know this.

since Snake-Eyes is silent, other characters are going to have to do all the talking. We'll see how it goes. They can go for a smaller budget. And it might not be a completely solo film. Think of allies like Jinx, etc.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    since Snake-Eyes is silent, other characters are going to have to do all the talking. We'll see how it goes. They can go for a smaller budget. And it might not be a completely solo film. Think of allies like Jinx, etc.
    Nah, we will see flashbacks to a quippy, wise cracking snake eyes