Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I hope for less Cgi, real fights without fast cuts and please no wire action...I would like to have it played like it could be in the real world , and not like a superhero movie...

I enjoyed the two movies, whatever my take on their flaws.

I hope for an enjoyable SE film.

I'm surprised that there has seemingly been little "internet breakage" over Henry Golding's casting, since he is biracial Asian, and the traditional Snake Eyes was, well, obviously not.

I wonder will it still have a military origin, and if so, will it be loosely based on current wars/initiatives.

Snake Eyes movie could become a silent movie like The Artist or the silent films from the 1920's

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    So the Arashikage temple? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Snake Eyes movie could become a silent movie like The Artist or the silent films from the 1920's
    Henry Golding is one of the fastest rising stars in hollywood. I doubt they have Snake Eyes remain silent in this movie.

Yeah, I'm really going to be interested to see how they approach it because they cast such a big star in a role that, traditionally, requires being mute and covered in a head-to-toe bodysuit 99% of the time.

Now, I assume Golding's Snake Eyes will be normal until the end of the movie where he gets his injury, but I'm wondering how prepared they are to realize the character afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Kinda interesting that they combined the Joe and Cobra logos.

Filming is done.

Delayed till nov. Will now go up against Godzilla vs kong and bond.

https://news.hisstank.com/2020/04/15...november-68592

Onset photos. (thanks goes to another site)

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

What a charming place.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well they must be rebooting the franchise(Which is a good thing imo). Becuae Snake eyes was a white dude in the older movies. Really like Henry Golding so im excited for this.
    Snake-Eyes was already rebooted with the movie origin anyway. I always take movie adaptations as alternate universes, but the fact that you can't make him a Vietnam vet who lost his face and voice in that helicopter crash makes any other version a different take on the original character.

We probably won't see this movie for years.

I'm watching the GI Joe cartoon for the first time in my life and liking it. It's holding my interest more than other 80s cartoons I've bought on DVD like He-Man.

Anyway, it's interesting that Snake Eyes is so popular given that he's pretty much a non-entity in the series. I'm currently finishing the first half of Season 2 of the original Sunbow series. He was a minor character in Season 1 with the occasional shot at glory, but so far in Season 2, when he's there, he's just there to populate the background.

I guess he really became a fan favorite due to the comic book, but I've never read that. Going just by the Sunbow series, I don't think he'd ever become popular. Shipwreck's wisecracking parrot got more screen time.

Because I liked the cartoon so far, I did track down the live action movies to complete my GI Joe kick, and I think Snake Eyes was much better used there and really showed his full potential.

However, a solo movie where he doesn't talk could get irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    We probably won't see this movie for years.
    Why not? It's not exactly in development hell or anything, just delayed by the same thing delaying everything, corona.