Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Marvel fans have just hit the lottery

Didn't care for his style art, so no big loss to me.
    WHO DAT?!!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Well, this is a damned shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Art isn't the only thing he likes to waste in his work :---DDD
    Bendis tends to waste some of my quality brain cells for sure.

At least put him on a quality book Marvel.

Way to drop the ball, DC!

Way to squander a fantastic artist, Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    I didn't really like his art on GA. It just seemed well messy.
    Yeah, I thought his art and designs were pretty terrible. Sales of GA would suggest he doesn't have a huge following, so going to a book with a bigger amount of set buyers isn't a bad move for him at all. It'll be interesting to see if ups his fan base.

With Lemire leaving GA, it was not a big stretch that Sorrentino might want to try new things.

Hopefully he'll will land a gig with a better writer at Marvel though, like Waid - gosh I can only imagine his artwork on Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I know DC still attracts good talent here and there, even from Marvel, but nothing like what Marvel has done to DC the past 3~5 years.
    Maybe if they tried, once they have them, to treat them like human beings...

Fantastic Member

I read in this interview (link below) that Lemire leaves Green Arrow because Sorrentino wanted to work on different characters and Lemire didn't want to continue Green Arrow without Sorrentino.

http://comicsbeat.com/sdcc-14-jeff-l...een-arrow-run/

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Someone asked Sorrentino on twitter if he was still working @ DC. He replied that he didn't close any door.

He's going to be back, he just wants to draw @ Marvel for a bit. Plus we got to remember that even though he hasn't had any delays/took few breaks while @ DC, Marvel with their double shipping books will cause him to skip issues.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    True, and those were great pickups.

I just feel like Marvel has poached a lot more from DC than DC has from Marvel. Marvel has bigger projects, for one thing, to offer to writers and artists; which might be WB's fault, as they've wasted so much time getting the DC Cinematic Universe going. I mean, before the Iron Man movie kicked it all off, he was never anywhere near as big as he is now. And who would've thought the Guardians of the Galaxy would have an ongoing book, with two extra solo books of their characters? The Marvel movie-verse is really pushing their comics.

WB and DC should've done it first. They didn't, I accept that. But they didn't need to wait until 2016 before they have a (somewhat) Justice League movie. That bandwagon should've been jumped on a long time ago.

I'm just saying both things are related.

Not to mention DC editorial has ticked off a lot of *good* creators, forcing those people to go elsewhere, and typically to Marvel. We've got a lot of great talent, but we also have a lot of non-talent. I mean, rumors that Scott Lobdell will have a weekly book next year is not good news for the company, nor for the fans. Marvel doesn't really have any outright *terrible* writers, while DC has a few. DC needs a managerial/editorial overhaul.
    Marvel has the worst writer at the Big Two - Sam Humphries.

And DC has picked up just as much from Marvel as Marvel has from DC. It's all the same names being traded back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    And DC has picked up just as much from Marvel as Marvel has from DC. It's all the same names being traded back and forth.
    And as soon as those names are big enough to support themselves financially, they mostly go indy and never look back.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm holding out hope Sorrentino will end up on a Dr. Strange book.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Well, this finally explains the abrupt end to Lemire/Sorrentino's Green Arrow run. There was no way that the second half of their run was supposed to be 3 issues (no matter how many people here on CBR tried to explain it away). When X-Men comes calling you probably would have to give Sorrentino a Batman book to get him to stay. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the two big gigs are taken for awhile. I'm calling now that Sorrentino will replace Capullo on Batman when Cap decides to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Marvel has the worst writer at the Big Two - Sam Humphries.
    How is Humphries the worst?